pasted_image (resized).png
WizardModeScore (resized).png
POTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpg
A2DE954A-E952-4AF5-942A-423C6672D100 (resized).jpeg
DA55D4E0-96F9-4D8A-A77E-F20E7C1458FF (resized).jpeg
6E3F4F56-8C9A-48C8-B6D5-C6F5D5794201 (resized).jpeg
DA9B3FDF-1EB5-42C1-9C8F-43D613DE6ADA (resized).jpeg
F7C1CF5D-B93F-4E43-9D50-7F2C3339A27C (resized).png
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pirates owners seeing the 10th+ GNR code update post on Facebook...lol.
[quoted image]

don't get me started! Anybody know the best way to get in touch with the company? At least they should respond.

#252 3 years ago

I'm thinking of selling my game, might as well...no pinball machine is worth $20k to hold on to

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pirates owners seeing the 10th+ GNR code update post on Facebook...lol.

And each one introduced new bugs.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

And each one introduced new bugs.

Just like the POTC code which hasn’t been updated In almost 2 years, and is not finished.

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just like the POTC code which hasn’t been updated In almost 2 years, and is not finished.

Not quite...the latest GnR update shuts off the machine during gameplay. Kind of a big deal....

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Not quite...the latest GnR update shuts off the machine during gameplay. Kind of a big deal....

Agreed...once gnr is back up and running they need to finish potc. Are they trying to compete with ghostbusters?

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Agreed...once gnr is back up and running they need to finish potc. Are they trying to compete with ghostbusters?

I think I have some curse regarding pinball-updates, as I own both GB Premium and POTC LE.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I think I have some curse regarding pinball-updates, as I own both GB Premium and POTC LE.

Not as cursed as me ... I have WOF, ACDC, GB, and JJPOTC.

Once Keith catches up on GNR, I am sure that he will revisit pirates. It will probably be a few months before he gets to that point.

1 month later
#259 2 years ago

Bump

#260 2 years ago

Always happy to see this thread resurface every few weeks. /s

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Always happy to see this thread resurface every few weeks. /s

Unironically, I don't mind it. POTC is still my favorite game, no matter how well I do I am always a few steps away from something cool (I drain with extra ball lit, another multiball or wizard mode close at hand... etc...).

And to know that the game will get even better is pretty mind boggling.

My main gripe for the game is the massive price increase... I would sell for stupid money, but what would I buy with it? I did not buy it to get some priceless relic that I in theory should be afraid to play. First world problems for sure.

#262 2 years ago

Im all set! Got my USB stick. Got my WiFi dongle. Just missing 1 more thing. Hmmmmm oh that's right, the Code!!!!! lol! Looking forward to it! Whenever that day comes!!!!!

PXL_20210427_210731840.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210427_210731840.NIGHT (resized).jpg
#263 2 years ago

If they could integrate the original soundtracks from the films it would be really huge !!! I don't know if there is a slight chance for that ..?

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

If they could integrate the original soundtracks from the films it would be really huge !!! I don't know if there is a slight chance for that ..?

Since licensing for original soundtracks costs a ton of money, i don't think theres even a slight chance.
But i hope someone will find a way to mod the firmware in the future, then we could replace it.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from drgary:

Since licensing for original soundtracks costs a ton of money, i don't think theres even a slight chance.
But i hope someone will find a way to mod the firmware in the future, then we could replace it.

This has been discussed before by people that know all about code and encrypting. Bottom line: impossible to crack/add/adjust the code and include the og soundtrack.
I hope one day an employee from JJP accidentally leaks some access to the code and we add the og soundtrack. But I don’t think that will ever happen.

#266 2 years ago

The soundtrack to this game is incredible. One of the best in pinball. Was the music from the movies really all that memorable? I own them and don't remember a single tune or diddy.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The soundtrack to this game is incredible. One of the best in pinball. Was the music from the movies really all that memorable? I own them and don't remember a single tune or diddy.

The main theme IS pretty iconic. But the game music is still excellent even without it. I really just wish we had actor callouts besides that handsome devil Mr. Gibbs.

#268 2 years ago

It's now been over 2 years since the last Pirates code update was released. I no longer own the game but owners deserve to have the code completed. What is JJP waiting for? They have since released Wonka and GNR, both of which have pretty much completed code. It's just not a good look that Pirates code isn't complete while 2 games have since been released with more completed code.

Maybe JJP is planning to release new code along side a new run of the games. Who knows.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I agree that the audio on this pin is fuckin great, but you really don't remember the main song?

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

I agree that the audio on this pin is fuckin great, but you really don't remember the main song?

Honestly, no. I really appreciate a well done score, but to be fair, I wasn't really a fan of the movies overall. I haven't watched any of them more than twice. That's probably why I don't mind the lack of assets so much. I just always find myself humming songs from David Thiel's soundtrack in my head. Those tracks stick with me. The sound effects are great too. I wouldn't mind more callouts from at least one other character, though. I often wonder why the dialogue from the parrot wasn't expanded. He chimes in sometimes when on the Pearl.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's now been over 2 years since the last Pirates code update was released. I no longer own the game but owners deserve to have the code completed. What is JJP waiting for? They have since released Wonka and GNR, both of which have pretty much completed code. It's just not a good look that Pirates code isn't complete while 2 games have since been released with more completed code.
Maybe JJP is planning to release new code along side a new run of the games. Who knows.
[quoted image]

A watched pot never boils, lol.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

La bande originale de ce jeu est incroyable. L'un des meilleurs du flipper. La musique des films était-elle vraiment si mémorable? Je les possède et je ne me souviens pas d'un seul morceau ou diddy.

Yes the soundtrack of the game is amazing and I will not want another one .. Just for fun when selecting the characters the main song before throwing the ball to motivate the pirates

1 week later
#274 2 years ago

They will never finish it hehehe. They stopped producing, why should they finish the code? Only costs money.

#275 2 years ago

I've got faith Felix lol Come on JJP and squash the Mando madness with this!

#276 2 years ago

JJP just posted New hobbit code

#277 2 years ago

I thought there was some POTC beta code?

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought there was some POTC beta code?

People in the beta test group have some. It's been posted on Pinside previously by Keith if you wanted to sign up for being a beta tester.

I believe it's to do with the WiFi and Bluetooth, and a tid bit or two for being a beta tester.

LTG : )

2 weeks later
#279 2 years ago

tumbleweed.giftumbleweed.gif

#280 2 years ago
6173B758-B506-4E32-AA55-F4013B63C818 (resized).jpeg6173B758-B506-4E32-AA55-F4013B63C818 (resized).jpeg
#281 2 years ago

duurt lang....

#282 2 years ago

Faust niet zeiken

#283 2 years ago

jawel t duurt lang

1 week later
#284 2 years ago

Need....wizard... mode...

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Need....wizard... mode...

You ain't never lied!

#286 2 years ago

I don’t play well enough to even notice the wizard mode is missing

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:I don’t play well enough to even notice the wizard mode is missing

I'd sure love it if they would just fix the ball search.

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And the check switch warnings for not hitting the ship come on too often.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And I'd sure love it if JJP had anything positive to say about updating the code for this game. Instead all we get is a crap comment like "an update won't be released until the wizard mode is done", which when combined with this...

Quoted from LesManley:

They are not. I just talked to Eric about the code yesterday. Suffice to say they have more then they can handle right now with GNR so everything else has a back seat currently.

... tells a lot about how little they seem to care about delivering a POTC update to their customers.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

And I'd sure love it if JJP had anything positive to say about updating the code for this game. Instead all we get is a crap comment like "an update won't be released until the wizard mode is done", which when combined with this...

... tells a lot about how little they seem to care about delivering a POTC update to their customers.

sigh... I wish I could disagree, but even Keith seems kinda over it. If they keep having issues with new games (I don't know specifically what, just heard GNR is having some bumps in the road), their priority will be there. Still; the Hobbit update gives me some hope. We KNOW THE CODE EXISTS!! I have no idea what it would take to integrate it, but it's there!

2 weeks later
#291 2 years ago

Even GNR is still missing modes and a lot of polish from what I've read... All recent code updates for their flagship game have been smaller bug fix type updates.

Meanwhile it's been 2+ years since the last Pirates code update...Hopefully this isn't a trend at JJP.

#292 2 years ago

Before the end of the year that would be cool.

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Before the end of the year that would be cool.

Can someone with the beta code just freaking pm me?

1 week later
#294 2 years ago

Hi, I would expect that they upgrade to scorebit the potc as they did for the hobbit and woz, this would be a good opportunity to release the wiz mod, even a simple one would be enuf. This is a brilliant pinball, sad to know that it is unfinished

1 week later
#295 2 years ago

Nobody has the beta they would share?

#296 2 years ago

I even offered to pay money for the beta . Still no bird in sight....

#297 2 years ago

I think at this point it's probably safe to say that JJP has increasingly serious issues that are likely going to impact it's future viability meaning I wouldn't be surprised if the beta we know is out there never actually gets released. There's absolutely zero excuse for it now with updates to games like WoZ...

Jeff

#298 2 years ago

I know everytime I see this thread bumped it's going to be a nothing burger, and I still get my self pumped up for some reason.

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I think at this point it's probably safe to say that JJP has increasingly serious issues that are likely going to impact it's future viability meaning I wouldn't be surprised if the beta we know is out there never actually gets released. There's absolutely zero excuse for it now with updates to games like WoZ...
Jeff

time to start working on cracking that encryption again. Might be the only way anyting ever gets updated. So unbelievably too bad.

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

time to start working on cracking that encryption again. Might be the only way anyting ever gets updated. So unbelievably too bad.

At some point maybe someone will at least share the beta code with the community.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.