pasted_image (resized).png
WizardModeScore (resized).png
POTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpg
A2DE954A-E952-4AF5-942A-423C6672D100 (resized).jpeg
DA55D4E0-96F9-4D8A-A77E-F20E7C1458FF (resized).jpeg
6E3F4F56-8C9A-48C8-B6D5-C6F5D5794201 (resized).jpeg
DA9B3FDF-1EB5-42C1-9C8F-43D613DE6ADA (resized).jpeg
F7C1CF5D-B93F-4E43-9D50-7F2C3339A27C (resized).png

There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

The prices have gone crazy and its a shame because people should be paying that resale value to JJP which helps support the business.

Loved your post just don’t understand this statement sorry. Are you suggesting sellers send JJP a thank you check if they sell it for more?

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Loved your post just don’t understand this statement sorry. Are you suggesting sellers send JJP a thank you check if they sell it for more?

lol no I'm saying that instead of people that want to buy a JJPOTC but can no longer get one, Paying JJP $11K at a reasonable profit margin and JJP getting the profits helps support the pinball industry and success of JJP which in turn helps them to continue to make great games, as opposed to buying from a reseller for $14K. 14K to the reseller results in a random person pocketing the cash and is much less likely to support the hobby or company's overall.

In turn it could be argued that the NIB people buy new games knowing that there is a healthy used market to fall back on resulting in them being more likely to buy NIB because If they decide to sell down the road they don't have to worry about getting most of their money back or even in rare cases like this a nice boost.

I say this more so to rumors that jersey jack was in financial troubles at some point which may totally just be that "rumors".

Sorry didn't mean to derail the topic

#103 4 years ago

People are asking where the code is. I'm sitting here asking where the GAME is. Wish they made more of these

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

People are asking where the code is. I'm sitting here asking where the GAME is. Wish they made more of these

It’s in my basement? Lol. Code appears to be close. Personally I’m glad Keith took his time to give this game the finally it deserves vs rushing to just say done. He has never missed on code so my bet is this will end up being spectacular.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s in my basement? Lol. Code appears to be close. Personally I’m glad Keith took his time to give this game the finally it deserves vs rushing to just say done. He has never missed on code so my bet is this will end up being spectacular.

you guys will end up with great code on this game. Keith has never left a game high and dry. My lord of the rings says to be patient!

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

I just wanted to post here that I am truly jealous when it comes to this game. I wanted one since the reveal trailer and wasn't able to come up with the cash until these days. Really great game, I truly hope they are not done producing them as I would love to buy one NIB. The prices have gone crazy and its a shame because people should be paying that resale value to JJP which helps support the business.
I haven't been scouring the forums lately for info but can someone post a thread that has the actual reason these are no longer in production?
Congrats to all that have one you guys are lucky!
cheers!

After having to install multiple update fixes on my Hobbit which took hours and paying $800 for the WOZ light board update kit (plus the 10+ hours it will take to install it) I'm happy to have some equity in my Pirates! Personally I hope Pirates is never made again as it's nice to have a rather rare and collectible pin. I know that's selfish but after dealing with headaches on every other JJP pin I've bought it's nice to finally catch a break on one.

#107 4 years ago

Exciting to hear beta code is making the rounds. One thread with requests for improvement and tons of ideas of what needs tweaking is
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-code-change-game-play-requests-

It should be a must read by JJP programmers.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After having to install multiple update fixes on my Hobbit which took hours and paying $800 for the WOZ light board update kit (plus the 10+ hours it will take to install it) I'm happy to have some equity in my Pirates! Personally I hope Pirates is never made again as it's nice to have a rather rare and collectible pin. I know that's selfish but after dealing with headaches on every other JJP pin I've bought it's nice to finally catch a break on one.

not selfish at all I think its human. Everyone that wants one hopes its made again so they get it for a reasonable price and everyone that owns one hopes that their golden goose holds its value! nothing wrong with that. Like any collectable in any hobby.

I think like someone said though in the main JJP thread it does come to the point that if they keep going up in price and the demand is there they will undoubtedly pay to put them back on the line at a profitable price. Just seems like they are leaving money on the table.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

not selfish at all I think its human. Everyone that wants one hopes its made again so they get it for a reasonable price and everyone that owns one hopes that their golden goose holds its value! nothing wrong with that. Like any collectable in any hobby.
I think like someone said though in the main JJP thread it does come to the point that if they keep going up in price and the demand is there they will undoubtedly pay to put them back on the line at a profitable price. Just seems like they are leaving money on the table.

Lots of people think they’re leaving money on the table - but since the game is no longer on the line, and the license is about up, and Disney will waver on whether they want Johnny Depp on their Brand anymore, it’s by no means a slam dunk.

It costs money to spin up those parts again- more than just the materials cost of manufacturing them. and POTC wasn’t priced well enough to absorb all the actual manufacturing cost (including all the mech redesigns I imagine).. it’s not a slam dunk. I’d guess They would have to have several hundred guaranteed sales at $13K for things to make sense. I don’t know how well the WOZ YBR Did but it doesn’t strike me that there are as many super rich POTC fans out there

#110 4 years ago

I wish JJP would change their position and decide to make more JJPOTC. Surely they could renew the license and set up a second line. Based solely on how good the game is, they should be able to sell another 1k pins, contingent on the price. Call it a special edition with a one time run of /1000. How about freezing the price at $10k? By offering the game at a fair price, they they build good will and this would be priced like a MMr Royal, it’s one true competitor.

A guaranteed way to sellout is to change the cabinet artwork package to the black pearl edition. That is what everybody wants and new buyers would be able to buy a dream theme pin with the BEST art package for a bargain. If marketed right, this would feel like a Spooky release and probably sell out in 4 hours. Boo yah, bitches!

Jack makes another single run of JJPOTC and everybody is happy, right? Well no because LE owners might be envious new buyers are getting the version they covet, so what is Jack to do? Well, he could sell black pearl radcals to LE owners plus whatever was needed to allow them to swap cabinet art. And that my friends, is a win-win-win.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I wish JJP would change their position and decide to make more JJPOTC. Surely they could renew the license and set up a second line. Based solely on how good the game is, they should be able to sell another 1k pins, contingent on the price. Call it a special edition with a one time run of /1000. How about freezing the price at $10k? By offering the game at a fair price, they they build good will and this would be priced like a MMr Royal, it’s one true competitor.
A guaranteed way to sellout is to change the cabinet artwork package to the black pearl edition. That is what everybody wants and new buyers would be able to buy a dream theme pin with the BEST art package for a bargain. If marketed right, this would feel like a Spooky release and probably sell out in 4 hours. Boo yah, bitches!
Jack makes another single run of JJPOTC and everybody is happy, right? Well no because LE owners might be envious new buyers are getting the version they covet, so what is Jack to do? Well, he could sell black pearl radcals to LE owners plus whatever was needed to allow them to swap cabinet art. And that my friends, is a win-win-win.

We can only hope but I doubt it happens unfortunately and if it does 1000 is way to many . Only reason its wanted so much now is bc it rarer and is going up in price. If they wld of made a normal run of 1500-3000 of them it wld be your typical 7000-8500 huo used jjp pin depending on which model it is. I think a run of 250-500 is sufficient for the market even if it wld be 11-12k for a le which I'm guessing it wld be anyhow most likely? Guess we will c what happens but I'm looking fwd to the new code as I liked what I've seen so far.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Hey Keith, since I know you are reading this thread I just want to say thank you. You guys and the rest of the team made a hell of game with Pirates. I was hooked since the first time I played it on route at SS Billiards, so hooked that I picked one up as my first ever JJP game and I spent almost twice as much money on it then any other pin I have bought. The game is fantastic and I love that I am still figuring out new things in the game to this day. I can't stop playing it as it sits now and I'm so excited that there is more to come. I know it will be worth the wait and in the meantime there is still plenty to explore. Thanks again!

This is my first ever post on pinside and I just want to says Thanks Keith and all of JJP not just for POTC but for all of your machines. I only own one machine - JJP POTC LE and that game is what brought me back into pinball. Growing up I had 8 ball deluxe and when it broke we got Taxi. I hadn’t played in almost 20 years until a friend talked about POTC and this cool company JJP. Thanks for reinventing pinball for me and others.

Super excited for the new code. One, hopefully simple ask, can you make it so you can review your game once it’s over or at least your last “play screen.” If I finish a game I don’t always know how many chapters I played or even wizard modes or wizard scores unless I hit the high score. I also don’t know even during a game on the screen if I played a certain wizard mode or my score for it. Anyway if your listening JJP thanks again!

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

One, hopefully simple ask, can you make it so you can review your game once it’s over or at least your last “play screen.” If I finish a game I don’t always know how many chapters I played or even wizard modes or wizard scores unless I hit the high score.

That's a really good idea.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

This is my first ever post on pinside and I just want to says Thanks Keith and all of JJP not just for POTC but for all of your machines. I only own one machine - JJP POTC LE and that game is what brought me back into pinball. Growing up I had 8 ball deluxe and when it broke we got Taxi. I hadn’t played in almost 20 years until a friend talked about POTC and this cool company JJP. Thanks for reinventing pinball for me and others.
Super excited for the new code. One, hopefully simple ask, can you make it so you can review your game once it’s over or at least your last “play screen.” If I finish a game I don’t always know how many chapters I played or even wizard modes or wizard scores unless I hit the high score. I also don’t know even during a game on the screen if I played a certain wizard mode or my score for it. Anyway if your listening JJP thanks again!

Really good idea. I always like looking at my other stats at the end of a Houdini or Oktoberfest game

#115 4 years ago

I had a great game on it last night using Norrington. The whole time I was playing, I just kept thinking to myself....damn this game is awesome. It has everything...incredible sound, shots, code...

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I had a great game on it last night using Norrington. The whole time I was playing, I just kept thinking to myself....damn this game is awesome. It has everything...incredible sound, shots, code...

New beta code or .99?

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

New beta code or .99?

I'm on original code.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm on original code.

Not sure what you mean. I think the original shipped code was .96 - Is thst what you’re on? Man you gotta update!

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not sure what you mean. I think the original shipped code was .96 - Is thst what you’re on? Man you gotta update!

I dont know. Game is good enough for me how it is.

#120 4 years ago

oook.. time to release something guys.

#121 4 years ago

Code is clearly bin beta with more to come. What more do you want?

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Code is clearly bin beta with more to come. What more do you want?

A release, obviously. I’m not on the beta list anymore since they restarted the list with the WiFi updates

#123 4 years ago

Played a few games this morning on .99 and noticed a "Chapter Complete" callout being played maybe 2/3 of the time. It is quiet though, would be nice to have it a bit louder. The icing on the cake would be to have some sort of additional fanfare (light effect and or animation) to go along with the chapter complete callout.

#124 4 years ago

how long does it take from beta to release?

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Franking1302:

how long does it take from beta to release?

They have said that they are making more changes to the character traits (+/-) than what has been previewed. It's still in development.

#126 4 years ago

thank you, i am very excited. i love this machine

#127 4 years ago

Another item that would be great to see added is a playfield light effect for when a chapter is completed. There needs to be some more fanfare added for completing chapter modes. Without the movie clips and actors voices JJP could use lighting and audio effects to add more fanfare. Have the lighting effect color change based on what movie the chapter is completed from. A quick 2-4 second light show that spreads across the playfield like a wave as the "Chapter Completed" callout is played would be amazing to see!

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Another item that would be great to see added is a playfield light effect for when a chapter is completed. There needs to be some more fanfare added for completing chapter modes. Without the movie clips and actors voices JJP could use lighting and audio effects to add more fanfare. Have the lighting effect color change based on what movie the chapter is completed from. A quick 2-4 second light show that spreads across the playfield like a wave as the "Chapter Completed" callout is played would be amazing to see!

Brilliant addition. If they make the chapter more special in anyway it would be a big payoff. Love that suggestion

#129 4 years ago

Thanks!

Keith, if you read my suggestion I was thinking an audio effect like the one below right at 1:10 - 1:13 timed go along with the light show wave followed by the "Chapter Complete" callout would go a long way to add more fanfare for completing chapter modes The color of the light effect wave could then match the main color used by the 5 movies in the game.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!
Keith, if you read my suggestion I was thinking an audio effect like the one below right at 1:10 - 1:13 timed go along with the light show wave followed by the "Chapter Complete" callout would go a long way to add more fanfare for completing chapter modes The color of the light effect wave could then match the main color used by the 5 movies in the game.

I agree, that would be awesome.

There are tons of clips that they could use that have no actors in them.

Please please please get some Pirate attract music for this game...

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree, that would be awesome.
There are tons of clips that they could use that have no actors in them.
Please please please get some Pirate attract music for this game...

Thanks. I hope JJP considers it.

Could always toss in a quick shaker effect in there too to go along with the wave light effect and sound!

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks. I hope JJP considers it.
Could always toss in a quick shaker effect in there too to go along with the wave light effect and sound!

Speaking of shaker, wouldn’t it be cool if they could have the shaker really fire hard for a direct hit to the ship?

Mine hardly does anything if it even does. Not sure.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Speaking of shaker, wouldn’t it be cool if they could have the shaker really fire hard for a direct hit to the ship?
Mine hardly does anything if it even does. Not sure.

Yes! That should definitely be in there.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes! That should definitely be in there.

I’m not a fan of non stop shaker action in a game and this game is pretty subtle but that particular shot with how infrequent it is and with everything else going on with noise and spinning disc etc...Needs a good hard shake with the explosion!

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m not a fan of non stop shaker action in a game and this game is pretty subtle but that particular shot with how infrequent it is and with everything else going on with noise and spinning disc etc...Needs a good hard shake with the explosion!

Definitely. Blowing up the Dauntless should have enough shaker effect to rattle the neighbors houses. Should be programmed for a long shake that’s as strong as it can go. Make it adjustable downward for anyone who doesn’t want it that strong.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Definitely. Blowing up the Dauntless should have enough shaker effect to rattle the neighbors houses. Should be programmed for a long shake that’s as strong as it can go. Make it adjustable downward for anyone who doesn’t want it that strong.

I also think when the cannon is loaded and you push that button to fire, the sound of the cannon firing should go off.

#137 4 years ago

No news here? No release date?

Best regarts
Frank

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Franking1302:

No news here? No release date?
Best regarts
Frank

Best thing we know still is just that they are testing beta code

#139 4 years ago

yes of course

2 weeks later
#140 4 years ago

On Kanedas most recent podcast he mentioned that a huge update for Pirates is coming.

Kaneda is criticizing JJP for working on Pirates code with game production being done and says they should be working on Wonka code instead as it's in production. He should understand that Pirates code is not complete and that the owners that paid $8500 - $12,500 deserve to have the code completed and polished.

Stern did this with Ghostbusters code even though that game was done and I'm glad to see JJP following through with Pirates code as its actions like these that bring back customers. JJP properly completing Hobbit code (and then some, amazing code) helped sway me to buy Pirates.

Sounds like it will be a huge update! Can't wait

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

On Kanedas most recent podcast he mentioned that a huge update for Pirates is coming.
Kaneda is criticizing JJP for working on Pirates code with game production being done and says they should be working on Wonka code instead as it's in production. He should understand that Pirates code is not complete and that the owners that paid $8500 - $12,500 deserve to have the code completed and polished.
Stern did this with Ghostbusters code even though that game was done and I'm glad to see JJP following through with Pirates code as its actions like these that bring back customers. JJP properly completing Hobbit code (and then some, amazing code) helped sway me to buy Pirates.
Sounds like it will be a huge update! Can't wait

What exactly are you expecting?

We know about character/balance changes that Keefer kindly laid out.
We know there will be a final wizard mode.

If you're expecting more than that, I think you're going to be disappointed. As many have already said, the existing code is far from unpolished.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I also think when the cannon is loaded and you push that button to fire, the sound of the cannon firing should go off.

It literally does this already.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you're expecting more than that, I think you're going to be disappointed. As many have already said, the existing code is far from unpolished.

I still haven't got close to the final wizard mode, and am extremely happy with where this game is right now. I actually got all 6 multiballs going at the same time FINALLY this past week lol.

I do look forward to some character balancing though. This game is still mine and my kids favorite game. My daughter, 11, told me last night that JJPOTC can never leave the house.

Either way, thank you JJP for making such an awesome game and working on an update!

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

With more assets being mentioned I take that as more video clips (without actors faces / audio) be added and additional mode choreography.

#145 4 years ago

Any Beta testers out there who care to comment?

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With more assets being mentioned I take that as more video clips (without actors faces / audio) be added and additional mode choreography.

Yeah but this has not been confirmed by any reliable source. I would NOT get your hopes up on this.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Any Beta testers out there who care to comment?

We only got a sneak peek at the character balancing that Keith posted about last spring. After some feedback from us and a little time going back and forth with questions, Keith said that some of the balancing we saw would be tweaked and more less popular characters would get some additional advantages to even things up. That's it. They keep things pretty secret and that's probably a good thing until they test it and release it. I wouldn't doubt that they are likely working from home currently.

Just adding: We haven't heard much from them in the last couple of months other than full iso update testing on all of the pins was coming soon for testing. Nothing about game code in the last month or so. They must be busy with JJP #6 coding before production.

#148 4 years ago

I do think it's impressive that they are continuing to work on this game. I also have a Houdini which is far from feeling "finished" (it technically includes all modes but is still Unpolished in some highly noticeable areas), and it's been a full year now - but some day there should be a code update for that.

Hopefully we won't be waiting that long for Pirates. It's taken on this almost mythical status because of how packed it is, and how few are out there.

#149 4 years ago

I would love for the ball search to actually work. If anyone's listening. When it does the 4 ball searches, doesn't find it...it's supposed to drop a ball ("Chase ball" I believe the option is called). The option is actually there. It's frustrating it doesn't work. I frequently get balls stuck in weird places, and taking off the glass constantly is annoying as hell. I would never put this on a route...

#150 4 years ago

My Pirates LE is on location and rarely has an issue.
I've had a few balls stuck under the sling.
Changed out the bouncy rubbers and nothing since.

Did have one coil wire come off so far and thats it.

People love it on location.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc/page/3?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.