pasted_image (resized).png
WizardModeScore (resized).png
POTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpg
A2DE954A-E952-4AF5-942A-423C6672D100 (resized).jpeg
DA55D4E0-96F9-4D8A-A77E-F20E7C1458FF (resized).jpeg
6E3F4F56-8C9A-48C8-B6D5-C6F5D5794201 (resized).jpeg
DA9B3FDF-1EB5-42C1-9C8F-43D613DE6ADA (resized).jpeg
F7C1CF5D-B93F-4E43-9D50-7F2C3339A27C (resized).png
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.
#51 4 years ago

That's awesome to hear! How does one become a beta tester?

#53 4 years ago

Thanks - seems a good indicator that they may very well indeed have been waiting to update until they could include these automated update mechanisms in the code as well.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Well let's think positive then. Maybe the update will be epic like the last one on Hobbit!!!!

Oh yeah. Keith and team will deliver, they always have. JJP hasn't let any of their games hang out to dry with code. I'm sure their code works takes longer to complete considering how much polish and extra work they put into mode choreography and extra touches. They did a ton of that with the final few Hobbit updates and it's now one of the best rulesets in pinball.

Quoted from KingBW:

Woohoo! It's coming soon! Beta testing "some" of the new code has started ...

That's great to hear!

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Woohoo! It's coming soon! Beta testing "some" of the new code has started ...

Would definitely be nice to get something soon. Would have been nicer to get some incremental updates along the way though. Hope they address some of the wishlist items from the other thread.

#56 4 years ago

This is definitely great news, but I'm tempering my expectations. The update says they need people to test both wired and wireless connections, which suggests to me they are updating a core networking lib (i.e. adding networked update support). That doesn't necessarily mean they are going anywhere near gameplay code. We'll just have to wait and see.

#57 4 years ago

I sure hope we get some attract music! Yo ho yo ho a Pirates life for me!

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

This is definitely great news, but I'm tempering my expectations. The update says they need people to test both wired and wireless connections, which suggests to me they are updating a core networking lib (i.e. adding networked update support). That doesn't necessarily mean they are going anywhere near gameplay code. We'll just have to wait and see.

Wifi testing has been going on for a couple of months. Today beta testers get a sneak peek at some of the new game code to test as well.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wifi testing has been going on for a couple of months. Today beta testers get a sneak peek at some of the new game code to test as well.

Give me shaker motor when I blow up the Dauntless!

#60 4 years ago

The proposed beta changes to the character traits are really good and definitely give the game a boost and adds some polish. A few of the other tweaks to the game are really good too and adds more strategies. Definitely something to look forward to and lots to explore.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The proposed beta changes to the character traits are really good and definitely give the game a boost and adds some polish. A few of the other tweaks to the game are really good too and adds more strategies. Definitely something to look forward to and lots to explore.

anything to make the modes feel different? I would be interested in revisiting if they did. Right now it's just random shots that don't feel tied to the mode you're playing. Nothing like the hobbit, Alien, etc.

#62 4 years ago

The wizard modes work that way, but you might as well give up hope of the chapters ever working that way.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The wizard modes work that way, but you might as well give up hope of the chapters ever working that way.

Thanks for confirming. Even though not what I was hoping for, I respect the direct answer.

#64 4 years ago

The changes that they leaked are fantastic but are only part of what they have been working on for the next update. Are they more theme immersive? Maybe not very much more on that so far, but definitely more strategies to explore. A little less restrictive on a few things. I hope that they keep what changes they are testing out on us and just tweak any possible exploits that we might find. It was great before, but now the pinball game play is getting better. Again ... they only have us testing some of the new code and 2 thumbs up so far.

#65 4 years ago

Any attract music?

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any attract music?

It didn't set that long. There's attract motion activated call outs like the other JJP pins now. I will have to see tomorrow.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It didn't set that long. There's attract call outs like the other JJP pins now. I will have to see tomorrow.

I’m talking attract music..I know there the generic JJP music but was hoping for something game related, there is a setting for it.

#68 4 years ago

So i guess the people complaining about the code need to find a new thing to be outraged about.

#69 4 years ago

Hey Keith, since I know you are reading this thread I just want to say thank you. You guys and the rest of the team made a hell of game with Pirates. I was hooked since the first time I played it on route at SS Billiards, so hooked that I picked one up as my first ever JJP game and I spent almost twice as much money on it then any other pin I have bought. The game is fantastic and I love that I am still figuring out new things in the game to this day. I can't stop playing it as it sits now and I'm so excited that there is more to come. I know it will be worth the wait and in the meantime there is still plenty to explore. Thanks again!

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anything to make the modes feel different? I would be interested in revisiting if they did. Right now it's just random shots that don't feel tied to the mode you're playing. Nothing like the hobbit, Alien, etc.

Have you seen what they are selling for now? I'm floored and can't believe it but glad I hung onto mine but was planning on letting it go .
Apparently 13k for a stock le is a deal now? I know 2 just sold quick at 12 and 12.5 on west coast. If this code update is really good the price is gonna go higher most likely from the looks of things.... crazy. I'm gonna try hold out to play the new code tho. Just wish I cld figure out the rules better as I'm lost when it comes to things for the most part.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have you seen what they are selling for now? I'm floored and can't believe it but glad I hung onto mine but was planning on letting it go .
Apparently 13k for a stock le is a deal now? I know 2 just sold quick at 12 and 12.5 on west coast. If this code update is really good the price is gonna go higher most likely from the looks of things.... crazy. I'm gonna try hold out to play the new code tho. Just wish I cld figure out the rules better as I'm lost when it comes to things for the most part.

Definitely hold out for the new code and play each character at least 5 times before deciding if you want to sell it. When the change log comes out, you will understand why I am saying that. Lots of interesting changes that effect strategies. The last major update for Hobbit changed strategies. This will be similar but maybe not that extreme. It is going to be a "game changer" if you play this game competitively. That may sound exaggerated, but there are some pretty good changes (with only the part that they showed us to play around with). This isn't going to be a little "check the box as completed" update. There's a lot of code team effort on it.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Definitely hold out for the new code and play each character at least 5 times before deciding if you want to sell it. When the upgrade notes come out, you will understand why I am saying that. Lots of interesting changes that effect strategies. The last major update for Hobbit changed strategies. This will be similar but maybe not that extreme. It is going to be a "game changer" if you play this game competitively. That may sound exaggerated, but there are some pretty good changes (with only the part that they showed us to play around with). This isn't going to be a little "check the box as completed" update. There's a lot of code team effort on it.

Well dam . Hopefully its coming out sooner than later then lol. The last update to Hobbit made it super awesome and one my favorites to play at the time. Normally I'd just get another potc if I sold but they are getting expensive (even more than I paid up for one 7 months ago) so I better hold off as long as i can apparently. I heard with the new code update comes a new run of potc le"s also tho? Granted we have been hearing this and this wasn't a amazing source...but they said it wld be in line with ybrwoz also which I believe was 11.5-12.5?

#73 4 years ago

Makes sense - the modes are scenes which involve Specific characters from each movie.. so they by necessity -already- work that way. What a kick ass game!

#74 4 years ago

Skipnatty will be streaming the beta code update tonight on Buffalo Pinball if you want an early look at it. 8 Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just wish I cld figure out the rules better as I'm lost when it comes to things for the most part.

After this next code update we're going to have to lobby for pinball_keefer to send out an updated character attributes cheat sheet with all of the +/- for the characters to better understand some of the character selection strategies. It's not plain and simple. I know he put out one last year with some of the coming changes to the characters, but I'm sure that they have been tweaked since then. Definitely read the change log when it comes out. Hopefully by then JJP will lift the Pinside gag order and the coders can post some strategy advantages that they like. Joe has a new strategy that he will take on anyone with (until Keith nerfs it ). Maybe they will do one of their live streams when it comes out to discuss the game again and bring along Eric and the gang to explain their new strategies too. Or ... Buffalo pinball can get them on one of their streams.

#76 4 years ago

I posted one quite awhile ago but I don't remember what thread it was in. Very likely not this one.

#77 4 years ago

I posted one quite awhile ago but I don't remember what thread it was in. Very likely not this one.

This was after .99 last spring. Is this still accurate for the new code coming?
Char (resized).jpgChar (resized).jpg

#78 4 years ago

Marty was tweaked lower (and may go even lower, not sure), but other than that it's up-to-date.

#79 4 years ago

The changes I've read about about sound very nice. I'm hoping we may see some fanfare added for when chapter modes are completed. It would be great if there's a Kevin McNally "Chapter Complete" callout and have it play along side a cool animation and or lighting effect.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The changes I've read about about sound very nice. I'm hoping we may see some fanfare added for when chapter modes are completed. It would be great if there's a Kevin McNally "Chapter Complete" callout and have it play along side a cool animation and or lighting effect.

There is a new sound effect I've heard during chapter collects - it doesn't do it every time, maybe it's only as you're approaching completion? More plays needed.

As for chapter complete by McNally...it already does that?

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There is a new sound effect I've heard during chapter collects - it doesn't do it every time, maybe it's only as you're approaching completion? More plays needed.
As for chapter complete by McNally...it already does that?

That's cool, thanks. Yeah I'll have to listen closer for the complete callout if there is one.

#82 4 years ago

I heard that sound effect when I completed a few chapters (or near completion) also. I'll have to pay more attention to that.

We get a "man overboard" call out that might not have been there before, or is more often now.

Completing star map shots show a pop up graphic of how many more are needed to light an extra ball. I don't remember that before, but don't look up that often.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I heard that sound effect when I completed a few chapters (or near completion) also. I'll have to pay more attention to that.
We get a "man overboard" call out that might not have been there before, or is more often now.
Completing star map shots show a pop up graphic of how many more are needed to light an extra ball. I don't remember that before, but don't look up that often.

How’s the change to only single coins for Marty? Are we going to need a new padded action button mod to avoid bruising? (Kidding of course but also curious how frenetic it is trying to collect it all while playing).

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

How’s the change to only single coins for Marty? Are we going to need a new padded action button mod to avoid bruising? (Kidding of course but also curious how frenetic it is trying to collect it all while playing).

I didn't get past 1 mil with that character after playing new Marty about 8 tries so far. Trying to get it since that's what is being talked about but not good enough at the looping I guess. Definitely a lot more button pushing that gets to be chaotic during multiballs if you try to get them all. Looping multiple times and hitting the gold standups are the key.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Awesome! Man overboard is played now but not often- I think it’s when a ball quickly rolls off the Pearl?

Definitely “chapter complete” is played now, but it’s always obscured by the fanfare, and the way he says it is kind of low-energy

#86 4 years ago

I didn't see it in the beta stream (only watched 10-20 minutes or so) but I'm hoping a proper numbered LE screen is coming to the game. The game number on a blank screen right now looks very unfinished.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I didn't see it in the beta stream (only watched 10-20 minutes or so) but I'm hoping a proper numbered LE screen is coming to the game. The game number on a blank screen right now looks very unfinished.

A little better. The clouds are moving so it's not a still shot. Still just beta though.

20200125_151117 (resized).jpg20200125_151117 (resized).jpg
#88 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

A little better. The clouds are moving so it's not a still shot. Still just beta though.[quoted image]

Can definitely get more creative than that.

How about on a pirate flag blowing in the wind with game number.

#89 4 years ago

If they can’t get a pirate song for attract music the least they can do is get Jack and design team to do their rendition of yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me in their best pirate voices! Lots of Rum helps this by the way.

Would be better than nothing!

#90 4 years ago

The game number is shown on the title screen now if you enter it in settings. Two things happened: we forgot initially to include the game number there, then the factory started entering it as a custom message, which was also not dressed up. Custom message now gets the cloud background, if you want it in title screen enter it in settings. I'd suggest deleting the custom message too.

#91 4 years ago

The game number is shown on the title screen now if you enter it in settings. Two things happened: we forgot initially to include the game number there, then the factory started entering it as a custom message, which was also not dressed up. Custom message now gets the cloud background, if you want it in title screen enter it in settings. I'd suggest deleting the custom message too.

Thanks Keith! That's great to hear.

#92 4 years ago

Keith, I can't tell you how psyched I am about this. I somehow fell off the beta test list after testing lots of Hobbit and DI code, but I am really ready to try out these new features! Glad you're "back"

#93 4 years ago

Got it. It's in both places once the new (beta) code is installed.

20200126_103306 (resized).jpg20200126_103306 (resized).jpg
#94 4 years ago

There ... that's better!

20200126_105413 (resized).jpg20200126_105413 (resized).jpg
#95 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There ... that's better! [quoted image]

Hahaha good idea

#96 4 years ago

Hey BTW has anyone ever tried hooking up a USB keyboard in order to enter a custom message? I never have the patience to sit there with just the buttons

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey BTW has anyone ever tried hooking up a USB keyboard in order to enter a custom message? I never have the patience to sit there with just the buttons

We were told that for the wifi security SSID password, it would not work. Guessing that is the same for the custom message. It's coded different for the coin door buttons.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

We were told that for the wifi security SSID password, it would not work. Guessing that is the same for the custom message. It's coded different for the coin door buttons.

Darn - definitely would speed things up. I’m gonna try anyway lol. I’m sure the wifi supplicant file can be updated as usual, but you have to boot to root which I don’t think I’ve tried on POTC yet

#99 4 years ago

I just wanted to post here that I am truly jealous when it comes to this game. I wanted one since the reveal trailer and wasn't able to come up with the cash until these days. Really great game, I truly hope they are not done producing them as I would love to buy one NIB. The prices have gone crazy and its a shame because people should be paying that resale value to JJP which helps support the business.

I haven't been scouring the forums lately for info but can someone post a thread that has the actual reason these are no longer in production?

Congrats to all that have one you guys are lucky!

cheers!

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

I just wanted to post here that I am truly jealous when it comes to this game. I wanted one since the reveal trailer and wasn't able to come up with the cash until these days. Really great game, I truly hope they are not done producing them as I would love to buy one NIB. The prices have gone crazy and its a shame because people should be paying that resale value to JJP which helps support the business.
I haven't been scouring the forums lately for info but can someone post a thread that has the actual reason these are no longer in production?
Congrats to all that have one you guys are lucky!
cheers!

They cost way too much to
Build, people stupidly cancelled their Preorders because of the change in the spinning disk, and JJP chose to back off of production as a result. Now spinning it back up will be costly and drive the game up into 10 or 11K (or more!) cost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Wanted
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc/page/2?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.