pasted_image (resized).png
WizardModeScore (resized).png
POTC wizard mode bug - report (resized).jpg
A2DE954A-E952-4AF5-942A-423C6672D100 (resized).jpeg
DA55D4E0-96F9-4D8A-A77E-F20E7C1458FF (resized).jpeg
6E3F4F56-8C9A-48C8-B6D5-C6F5D5794201 (resized).jpeg
DA9B3FDF-1EB5-42C1-9C8F-43D613DE6ADA (resized).jpeg
F7C1CF5D-B93F-4E43-9D50-7F2C3339A27C (resized).png

There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I don’t think JJP will ever rerun POTC. But if they decided to make another 500, I am posotive it would cost at least $15k and more likely $18k-$20k.

They could sell 15K LE's all day long. And should.

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No question.

But maybe more likely if they show the title the code support they promised…

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Do I need bata code for Scorbit? I bought the WiFi adapter.

Yes.

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

15,000? Did you mean to say 1500? 15,000 would be a tall order. Keep in mind that Addams Family only sold 21,270. I mean, stranger things have happened than JJP POTC selling that much. But it would be big news.

#605 1 year ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

15,000? Did you mean to say 1500? 15,000 would be a tall order. Keep in mind that Addams Family only sold 21,270. I mean, stranger things have happened than JJP POTC selling that much. But it would be big news.

$15,000 POTC LEs. 1000 units or until demand dries up.

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

$15,000 POTC LEs. 1000 units or until demand dries up.

My bad. Gotta work on tuning up my reading comprehension.

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

My bad. Gotta work on tuning up my reading comprehension.

well if it makes you feel any better, zaphX did cut a corner ....but you got yourself tripped up on it.

#608 1 year ago

A few 90s pins didn't have the code finished also. So it's not out of the ordinary. Lyman was a top player so he liked to finished the code on his own time.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

A few 90s pins didn't have the code finished also. So it's not out of the ordinary. Lyman was a top player so he liked to finished the code on his own time.

Easy to get away with when all the games went to locations back in the day. If JJP POTC was a location-only game, no one would give a stuff about the code. There's enough razzle-dazzle to entertain passing patrons... more than enough actually.

1 week later
#610 1 year ago

Spooky just released a code update for Halloween a few days after announcing the release of their new Scooby Doo game. Apparently they didn't get the memo from JJP saying it's impossible to finalize code updates for old machines while you're working on code for a new release.

#611 1 year ago

I booted up POTC today. It was fun.

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Spooky just released a code update for Halloween a few days after announcing the release of their new Scooby Doo game. Apparently they didn't get the memo from JJP saying it's impossible to finalize code updates for old machines while you're working on code for a new release.

I think the new old regime has given orders to only work on jobs that are paying new money

#613 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I booted up POTC today. It was fun.

It's ages since I've played mine, still enjoying GZLE too much.

1 week later
#614 1 year ago

I heard that code is coming for potc. Someone from JJP told me.

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Beta 4 and beta 5 are live for POTC there have been a few experiencing freezing , audio pops and can’t reconnect to Wi-Fi so it’s still in early stages of testing. I’m still on beta 3 until I hear more positive results.

Still no wizard mode. Just the new os, scorbit and eq settings so far

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I hope so. Otherwise we’ll have to add this to the list of other times this has been said… for 3 years.

Quoted from Furio:

Spoke with Ken Cromwell at Freeplay Orlando and the POTC 1.0 is nearing the end of its Beta. That's great news.

Quoted from LTG:

Not yet. Coming soon. You will have to update the game once to get it in there. Then once running, go into the menu and do what the screen says and the game updates itself.
LTG : )

Quoted from KingBW:

Woohoo! It's coming soon! Beta testing "some" of the new code has started ...

Quoted from mtp78:

It's coming !

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Supposedly it's VERY VERY soon; Hobbit is coming as well. Really psyched. They seem to have like 4 guys on these games so hopefully that's helping make things consistent

Quoted from tatapolus:

Code is coming next week according to a JJP Facebook comment for their Hobbit update that has just been released!!!! (I hope they don‘t just add Scorbit and that’s it…)

Quoted from VALIS666:

It's coming any day now. Not only have people from JJP and Scorbit confirmed that, test code is already operating on some PotCs. Now, what's in that code besides wi-fi and Scorbit functionality, I don't know. I really wouldn't expect too much, but who knows.

1 month later
#617 1 year ago

Is there a owners thread for this ? Just acquired and can't seem to find the owners thread incase need some help etc. I will ask Eric and Keith if they finishing code

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is there a owners thread for this ? Just acquired and can't seem to find the owners thread incase need some help etc. I will ask Eric and Keith if they finishing code

Yes there is. Just search it

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thank you for link as in middle of south Africa on safari and very spotty! You are a gentleman and scholar!

As you are eaten by a lion while nose down browsing pinside on your phone. Lol. I get it. Safaris are Sooo boring. It's a pinball desert.

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Would be great if they answer your question by saying what roadblocks have held it up this long and how & when they expect to clear whatever those blocks are to deliver a code update. But I wouldn't expect them to respond with anything other than something similar to "We're working on it and it's important to us to finish it." Would be nice if they offer some real information about it though.

#623 1 year ago

I've heard they finished it nearly 2 years ago and are delaying the release 1 month for every time EaglePin complains about it. So.... that's 24 months delay with another 20 more months to go if EaglePin stops posting complaints.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I've heard they finished it nearly 2 years ago and are delaying the release 1 month for every time EaglePin complains about it. So.... that's 24 months delay with another 20 more months to go if EaglePin stops posting complaints.

Lol, I've heard they figured they get an extra month to wait to release it for every time over the past 3 years anyone has posted that they're working on it and/or they'll release it soon. So they're currently feeling like they have about 10 years from now to deliver it

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

And also I’ve been pretty spot on for three years about how this was all playing out. So there’s that. I’m not happy I’ve been correct, and I’ve always hoped I was wrong. But unfortunately all the facts were adding up to them continuing to kick this down the road while they kept prioritizing other stuff.

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

As you are eaten by a lion while nose down browsing pinside on your phone. Lol. I get it. Safaris are Sooo boring. It's a pinball desert.

He had already eaten Pumba, so a definite yawn!

FB_IMG_1675101171057 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1675101171057 (resized).jpg
#627 1 year ago

Either that, or he was just giving the wife shit !

#628 1 year ago

Pirates (resized).jpgPirates (resized).jpg

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

He had already eaten Pumba, so a definite yawn! [quoted image]

Looks like someone isn't too happy about being interrupted.

2 weeks later
#630 1 year ago

What do I have to do for the BETA code?

Thanks

May

#631 1 year ago

Sounds like it would more accurately be "Wherefore aren't thou, Pirates code?"

1 month later
#633 10 months ago

Is the latest beta still bricking games?

Also, #where’s the non-bricking code?

1 month later
#634 9 months ago

Bump

#635 9 months ago

guys is there a potc help thread ? cant seem to find and need a little help as have not followed or owned one before now cheers

#636 9 months ago

Deleted

#637 9 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

guys is there a potc help thread ? cant seem to find and need a little help as have not followed or owned one before now cheers

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

ltg : )

#640 9 months ago

I mean, that thread is legendary at this point
Welcome to the party

Thanks bro have the Elite topper installed and damn is it ever nice and in retrospect it was quite the deal compared whT you get now for 2k! Lol

#641 9 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Well I found LTG..... I guess I dont need the thread when you have an LTG!

You kind of do.

I don't do much on the jjp threads.

LTG : )

1 month later
#642 8 months ago

Yay beta 6. I'll let y'all know if it doesn't work great.

#643 8 months ago

Downloading Beta Build 7 (6/30/23) now. Prior to this I had Beta 5 installed.

#644 8 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Downloading Beta Build 7 (6/30/23) now. Prior to this I had Beta 5 installed.

Curious to hear about the differences.

#645 8 months ago

I went from beta 5 to beta 7 today as well. It went smooth. Only thing I really notice so far is Scorbit is completely removed from the UI.

4 weeks later
#646 7 months ago
s-l16nn00 (resized).jpgs-l16nn00 (resized).jpg
#647 6 months ago

Lionman

#648 6 months ago

Original movie came out on July 9th so you'll have to wait till then

2 months later
#649 4 months ago

Code

#650 4 months ago

It's in the new game debuting 10/19.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.