image-21.jpg
image.jpg
whiny.jpg
play.jpg
Gary-and-Jack.jpg
New Canasta.jpg
new radio-433.jpg
old radio-643.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#40 9 years ago

Stuff like flippers, pop bumpers, SS w/memory (so you could expand/save multiplayer scoring features) were revolutionary, IMO. Ramps.... not quite so revolutionary. DMD and LCD displays--evolutionary at best.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Actually, I haven't seen anything revolutionary in pinball since Pinball 2000.

Pin2k was cool as a novelty, but that's it. If that were revolutionary, it would have stuck around. Like flippers. And pop bumpers. And score reels. And ramps.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I was replying to someone posting their opinion as fact.
No one asked you to chime in with your opinion.
WOZ lighting sucks ball sack compared to Star Trek LE/Premium.
The sooner you accept this, the sooner you can get about going on with your life and trying to be more productive.

We all know you have a big hardon for ST. Your opinions on this are taken with the appropriate grain of salt.

#554 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Today at the Jersey Jack open house, it was the new Stern Machines that people gravitated to.
I have nothing against Jack, I hope he is successful with his company, but WOZ isn't that great of a game.
I think today was all the proof that people need, the Stern games at the Jersey Jack open house were the machines with lines, not WOZ.

I'll be blunt here: Liar. I was there the whole day, from about 9 to 5. All games were pretty much busy, all day, although MET and Space Jam were occasionally idle. There were always several people around the 2 WOZ games--they weren't idle all day. Nor were Mustang, IM, ACDC. No noticeable difference in the activity or "lines" at each of these games throughout the day.

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I've always been a WWF (sorry, I can't say WWE, still doesn't sound right all these years later) fan. When their product was the best, is when they had to compete with WCW.

When WWF was competing with WCW, ECW was far better than either. I'll stand by that statement!

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

8 of those machines were TOURNAMENT USE ONLY.
No one was allowed to freely walk up and play them.

No, there were only FOUR tournament-only WOZ games set up all day, all in the front room. Fact.

#579 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Sorry that I disappointed you and didn't keep accurate count of the amount of the games in the front room. When I was told that the games were tournament only, I didn't bother going back up there.
What word doesn't go with WOZ lovers?
Maturity.

Accurate count? BIG difference between the FOUR tournament games set up and the EIGHT that you claimed. Nice deflection with a personal slur when you are once again proven wrong by the simple facts.

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Nice try. Easy shot assuming my Avatar that I'm some kinda nerd. But you really aren't accomplishing anything by deflecting my repudiation of your SAM statements.
Oh, I forgot. You are a pinball designer. You designed these. I shouldn't question you.
url.jpg 121 KB

Hey, one of the top pinball designers of all time designed those. Whatever insult you were trying to convey there, it failed. Not surprisingly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-woz-revolutionized-pinball?tu=stevenp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.