image-21.jpg
image.jpg
whiny.jpg
play.jpg
Gary-and-Jack.jpg
New Canasta.jpg
new radio-433.jpg
old radio-643.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#21 9 years ago

I like the LCD, but I would hardly call that "revolutionizing" pinball.

I don't see it much at all when I'm playing either.

I know there's more to WoZ than the LCD, like the non flickering LEDs which are very cool, but still not something that I'd consider revolutionary.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

An LCD display in a pinball machines seems pretty revolutionary to me.

Of course it does. To you.

Quoted from lowepg:

If the LCD isnt revolutionary, its certainly a major "evolutionary" step.

Good for you knowing the difference between the two terms. I'd rather have an LCD screen than not have one. It's not revolutionary by any means. Evolutionary I can accept.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

and of course it does not to you, lol. Especially since its in WOZ!

The LCD screen is not revolutionary in any way.

Just because it's arguably an improvement doesn't make it revolutionary.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

The use of RGB LEDs is really the coolest feature of the game and makes it just a jaw dropper when people play it for the first time.

I agree, and find this more impressive than the LCD screen.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes, it revolutionized pinball so well that people no longer want to buy Stern games and a cost cutting game from 2010 with poor DMD resolution would never sell in a post WoZ environment.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm looking forward to seeing Smog and what it does on The Hobbit.

Smog destroys everything, including our lungs.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I think it is the shit, I just don't give enough of shit to try and convince people of it. Anyone that comes and plays mine is amazed and gravitates towards it and actually ask about coming back over to play it. I don't have the biggest line up but no one talks about my other games like they do of WOZ.
As for the RGB led comparison, give me a break. If anyone thinks what Stern has done with RGB LEDs compares in any way to how JJP uses them in WOZ is just a f'ing lunatic.

I guess I'm a "f'ing lunatic" then, because the color changing LEDs in STLE are very comparable to WoZ in my opinion.

#94 9 years ago

Maybe we should start a thread with a poll to see who wins the argument?

The poll question would read as follows:

" Do you think that if anyone thinks what Stern has done with RGB LEDs compares in any way to how JJP uses them in WOZ, they are just a f'ing lunatic"?

Options would be "yes", "no", and "I don't give a sh*t".

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Pin2k was cool as a novelty, but that's it. If that were revolutionary, it would have stuck around. Like flippers. And pop bumpers. And score reels. And ramps.

I agree.

Again, I don't think revolutionary means what some people think it means.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Give it up. You've lost. The fact that the game was being flipped for $7k and Stern just made 500+ more units vindicates the game.
If you want to call the game by another name, try Irony Man. In 2010, IM was "the death of pinball" - you were screaming Plastic Man back then….it even spurred Jack to build WOZ because his customers didn't want games like Iron Man. Now it's 2014, WOZLE's still aren't done being built, and 500+ more Iron Man games just got shipped to happy customers.
You're the only one still screaming Plastic Man. Your loss - the rest of us are having fun.

Nailed it.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And if 3 colors in any use are better than 3 million then maybe you have a narrow color spectrum to your vision

BS argument, since the RGB LEDs in STLE obviously have more than 3 colors.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I prefer my WOZLE over all other existing games including games in my collection. I only hope to be considered a troll for my honest opinion of the next game I decide to buy from a manufacturer. Does my opinion of WOZ make me a troll? If so, I need to reevaluate what the word means.....or you do.

It's like you didn't even read what he wrote. He said saying it's the best game ever is an opinion and not trolling

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I am glad some people around here can play on the internet .

Some people, who shall not be named (PANZERFREAK), don't have much of a sense of humor apparently.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh I wasn't talking about myself

Yes you were.

You just didn't know it.

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wrong again. The two can usually be found down voting nearly every postive WOZ post and giving a thumbs up to the negative ones. lol
Insert jingle
Trollin, trollin, trollin, the WOZ haters keep on trollin!

You've become a caricature of yourself.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keep on going with the jabs RobT!

whiny.jpgwhiny.jpg
#293 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is that you waiting for the ST update? haha

Since I don't own STLE I guess not?

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Rob, you are playing the same game for a different team. I might buy bobbleheads of all of us. Self awarness can be a bitch, but its worth the effort.

I know that there are plenty of people who consider me a "WoZ/JJP hater/Troll", but I also know that the people who think that are almost all WoZ/JJP lovers, and some I would even consider sycophants. The truth is that I have had plenty of good things to say about WoZ and JJP, and I have mentioned on numerous occasions that I am very much looking forward to The Hobbit. I very much like what I'm seeing so far.

But to say that I play the same game as PanzerFreak but for a different team isn't something that I'm going to agree with for numerous reasons...including the fact that I don't have canned responses on a Macro.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Maybe it would be best for you to put him on ignore.

I've never put anyone on ignore, and I have no plans to either. Thanks for the advice though.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Also, as far as you’re opinion of yourself not being polarizing because you have said good things about JJP. Panzer has also said many good things about Stern. You may not be a black kettle dude, but you’re still a kettle.

I'm pretty confident in the fact that most people would consider me to be more objective than you know who. And the truth of the matter is that the majority of my negative posts regarding WoZ discussions are in direct response to his posts, rather than anything specifically regarding WoZ itself. I'm pretty sure that even you would have to agree with that.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I do agree, and thats why it bothers me (it gets personal) Do I think he should post the same thing over and over in order to combat the hatters who post the same lame jokes over and over? No. But I know the man personally, and I would bet my life that everyone of you would hang out with him all night....find out later on that he is PanzerFreak, and say wow! I would hang out have a beer and play pinball with him anytime. He is literally one of the nicer guys in this hobby..... and I’m not, so I am an impartial judge.
You hit the nail on the head though. You have a bigger problem with Panzer than you do WOZ. I have a bigger problem with armchair comedians, much of whom have hardly played the game, than I do with someone not liking it and leaving it at that. I can’t imagine going into thread after thread wasting my time on a game I don’t like.

Fair enough. I appreciate the comments.

Edited to add: You and I disagree more than our fair share when it comes to pins (including X-Men etc.) but I have never considered you a zealot/fanboy/sycophant. I respect your opinions, even if I don't always agree with them.

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When I say that Stern have excellent power and control, I'm not talking out my ass.

That makes plenty of us.

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

image.jpg 130 KB

image-21.jpg 181 KB

When you pull out the calipers to measure the thickness of playfields, you know this thread has truly jumped the shark.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

As for the Calipers..... yep, I'm going there again because of an obvious reading comprehension from some. The thickesss of the Playfield is not a big deal, but when someone says... and I quote "its not thicker" I could have relied on "hearsay", instead I chose to be "smallminded" and pull out the calipers. It took less time to do that then it does to read you're posts, but I still do that too.

Sorry dude, but you don't help your cause when you explain things this way.

If you agree that "the thickness of the Playfield is not a big deal" (that's your quote), then why in the world would you go to the trouble of pulling out the calipers to actually measure it? If the thickness doesn't matter, why measure? Just to prove that someone was wrong and that you were right...about something that doesn't matter?

Like I said earlier: thread has jumped the shark when the calipers came out. Further attempts at justifying it only proves the point.

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If the thickness doesn't matter, why measure?
Rob Rob Rob. Thickness always matters!!!

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I did not say it does not matter sir, I said its not a big deal. As far as posting to prove a point goes..... come on. I don't do it all that often, other then this thread this week, obviously. But we can paint that picture with anyone of us. We have archives to prove it.....and no I'm not going to find them for you.

Well it obviously doesn't matter much, since it "isn't a big deal"!

#526 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol! Say's the person that just joined Pinside and this is his first post with the name "Trekkie" as part of his user name.

At least he knows what his own username means!

#528 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I said several weeks ago that I choose PanzerFreak because I always use the "Panzerfaust" (a German WW2 weapon) in several video games I enjoy.
May want to go back and read those posts again
Goodnight RobT. Try again next time!

LOL!!!

Try again? Really? Dude, nobody on this forum is going to forget the fact that you didn't know that a Panzer was a German word for tank!

Nobody! It was one of the funnier exchanges on Pinside in several months.

Nice try at revisionist history though.

#531 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dude, I know that Panzer means tank in German. I've known that.

Dude, just stop. You are embarrassing yourself.

Everyone knows that you didn't know that until it was pointed out to you. You asked why people were calling you "tank". It was hilarious!

#535 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Read my posts above
Here you go
You can learn about the Panzerfaust here. Like my grandma always said "See said the blind man".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust
Try again RobT

Hint: you can repeat yourself a million times, but it isn't going to change how that whole thread went down.

Would you like me to post it here for everyone to see and decide for themselves?

#538 9 years ago

Here it is, in all it's glory!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozs-always-out-of-order-on-location/page/2#post-1755589

I just read it again. It's worth reading again! Classic stuff!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-woz-revolutionized-pinball?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.