image-21.jpg
image.jpg
whiny.jpg
play.jpg
Gary-and-Jack.jpg
New Canasta.jpg
new radio-433.jpg
old radio-643.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#20 9 years ago

Yes in terms of pinball tech, quality, value and code support.

Tech: Implementation of an HD LCD screen, RGB LED lighting, the diagnostic menu, stereo sound, headphone jack on the outside of the machine. All of these things are typically not included with a pin.

Quality: There's nothing else out there like it. Even the interior of the cabinet and underside of the playfield scream quality. Also the powder coat on the LE is beautiful and doesn't easily chip unlike some other pins I've seen. All of this ties into JJP's attention to detail. If something is wrong JJP offers great customer service.

Value: WOZ is the only pin in production actually worth a $7.5k-$8k asking price. 5 magnets, 2 mini playfields, 2 mini outlane games, crystal ball toy, monkey magnet toy, spinning house and included topper. With some modern games you are lucky to get one toy.

Code: A deep and complete Keith Johnson and Ted Estes ruleset through regular code updates. Enough said

#23 9 years ago

An LCD display in a pinball machines seems pretty revolutionary to me. Kinda like going from this old car radio (DMD) to a new Tesla with an LCD (WOZ's display). The older radio is cool but I wouldn't pay the same price for both cars offering the tech options below, lol.

old radio-643.jpgold radio-643.jpg
new radio-433.jpgnew radio-433.jpg

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Of course it does. To you.

and of course it does not to you, lol.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

LCD displays and the cool service menus were done long before WOZ though.

My Guns n Roses used to have a headphone jack and that was 20 years ago.
Laser War had stereo sound back 30 years ago
Many people saw AC/DC or ST with RGB LEDs long before they got their WOZ (some of my clients still don't have their WOZ).
-
WOZ has lots of cool features, but revolutionary will probably be more accurately applied to the Multimorphic.

New Canasta.jpg 71 KB

Oh no, here we go with that game again. Really? That game...

This menu compares to WOZ's? LOL!

With Guns and Roses having a headphone jack 20 years ago and Laser Wars stereo sound 30 years ago I wonder why Stern doesn't include either in 2014?

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Nailed it ! Fun means more to me than blinking lights !

You may want to play a WOZ with 4.0 on it, lol.

Also, while any game can be fun the features need to justify the price. I love the new 2015 Ford Mustang. It's a fun car. Would I pay $50k for it? Heck no.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

That's your best counter argument is that it sometimes can beat a 16 year old pin? Yikes. Really the earning are disappointing and gets it's ass handed to it when put against Star Trek, Metallica, AC/DC, and even X-Men and Iron Man. Problem? People play one game of WOZ and are done. People play those other titles and stay for 2 or 3 or more games. It's the multiple hits that make the dough and WOZ just doesn't keep people's interest. I understand you are on the payroll, and need to chip in here. I'm not trying to shit on this title. The team and company has obvious talent and potential. So let's make sure the next title has a little more fun factor and staying power that WOZ does not seem to have for the casual players.
-Jeff

Really? Really now? Nope.

play.jpgplay.jpg

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Really ? Got any new updated material ?

Sorry that the truth hurts. WOZ is a great game and earns well at many locations

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Where I go to play play pinball, WOZ is lined up next to Williams/Bally games of the 90's...guess which one is being played the least...hint: Not Williams or Bally.

You joined Pinside today and your first 4 posts are in this thread bashing WOZ? Interesting.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I was replying to someone posting their opinion as fact.
No one asked you to chime in with your opinion.
WOZ lighting sucks ball sack compared to Star Trek LE/Premium.
The sooner you accept this, the sooner you can get about going on with your life and trying to be more productive.

You were "replying to someone posting their opinion as fact"? Hmmm, that sounds like the exact same thing you are doing. Also your last comment is simply an attack against another Pinside user.

I'll admit that Star Trek has brighter lighting then WOZ. That's it and its due to the game having more spotlights then WOZ...The light shows itself are not even on the same level as those found in WOZ, far less can be done with the inserts on ST, and they can't produce as many colors.

#196 9 years ago

I can and I did. As mentioned above, Star Trek's light show dominates WOZ, and we have a big update around the corner to milk it even more.

Lol. Sure. When is the "Hitler reacts to ST code update taking 8 months" video being made?

#211 9 years ago

Hitler is happy with his Stern Star Trek.
You see, he can actually play while awaiting new code. It's in his bunker, promptly delivered on time.

Weird. I wouldn't know what that "code waiting" feeling is with my WOZ. Monthly code updates for nearly a year

When you are in a bunker though, waiting to be captured and seeing your evil regime fall around you I suppose you have all of the time in the world to wait for code.

#229 9 years ago

No other post in this thread screams troll more then the one above and those who like it. Wow.

#232 9 years ago

Funny, I don't know what waiting for a pin is like. I just order it, pay for it, and it arrives.

Yup and then wait 8 months to a year for a code update!

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I had purchased Invisiglass ( a bunch)and most certainly planned on buying a WOZ. Was on the phone ordering three times. Each to be shocked by the circles in conversation of what was going on.
The best part is that you are one of the biggest reason that I and many others won't give a penny to JJP. I pay more for PDI and buy NIB games often. But as I said thanks to you that company won't get any funds from me. Hows it feel to personally drain the income flow?

Many others? No.

I'm glad Alex did the powder coating work for WOZECLE. Best powder coating job on a NIB pin. Far superior then Stern's rush job that is easily prone to chips and scratches.

#240 9 years ago

At least I have something to play in the meantime!

I've had my WOZ since last November....Others well before then.

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Panzer, just stating my opinion of this game. For all the features listed it still is to me. As always my disclaimer is its my opinion. I still respect that you love the game. There are many others that my friends own or I do that we all feel equally split on.

I understand if you don't like WOZ but Alex's comment was in regards to the JJP platform (think SAM for Stern) rather then WOZ itself.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

So tough titties to everyone else waiting ...

Not many waiting now. At least new owners will get a NIB pin with deep and complete code.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I would like woz over anything in your collection too !!!!!!

Wow. What a low blow.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Some people, who shall not be named (PANZERFREAK), don't have much of a sense of humor apparently.

I do. Just not for two certain individuals that have been trolling WOZ threads for nearly a year now, lol.

Update: Hey look who down voted my post...again, lol!

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I 100% agree and won't hold it against you for banning yourself !!!

Oh I wasn't talking about myself

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes you were.
You just didn't know it.

Wrong again. The two can usually be found down voting nearly every postive WOZ post and giving a thumbs up to the negative ones. lol

Insert jingle

Trollin, trollin, trollin, the WOZ haters keep on trollin!

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You've become a caricature of yourself.

Keep on going with the jabs RobT!

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

whiny.jpg 8 KB

Is that you waiting for the ST update? haha

#291 9 years ago

You said:
And if 3 colors in any use are better than 3 million then maybe you have a narrow color spectrum to your vision
You also said:
I know the bulbs probably can. I'm saying the platform can't. flashing a single color on a string is cute. Individual color shifting and smooth transitioning on a bulb by bulb basis can't be done on them.

If Stern can do similar light shows then why don't they?

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I do agree, and thats why it bothers me (it gets personal) Do I think he should post the same thing over and over in order to combat the hatters who post the same lame jokes over and over? No. But I know the man personally, and I would bet my life that everyone of you would hang out with him all night....find out later on that he is PanzerFreak, and say wow! I would hang out have a beer and play pinball with him anytime. He is literally one of the nicer guys in this hobby..... and I’m not, so I am an impartial judge.
You hit the nail on the head though. You have a bigger problem with Panzer than you do WOZ. I have a bigger problem with armchair comedians, much of whom have hardly played the game, than I do with someone not liking it and leaving it at that. I can’t imagine going into thread after thread wasting my time on a game I don’t like.

Thanks PEN. I appreciate the kind words.

I know I can get rather defensive about WOZ when like you said it comes to the lame jokes. I've also taken it too far myself a couple times with getting annoyed on here about some people's view's of the game. It's typically hard for me to ignore the comments from people who try to undermine what the game is and / or the company that made it. I understand fully that some people don't like the game and respect their opinion when its not made trying to poke or prod at others. As much as RobT and I have disagreed on things about WOZ I would be up for playing pinball with him at a show anytime. I promise I won't talk about all of WOZ's amazing toys and features either haha.

#364 9 years ago

At least one thing is revolutionary about WOZ. The code support

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone know of any Stern flipper tips breaking off?

Not sure but I've never seen a WOZ throw 555 LED's before...

Has WOZ revolutionized pinball? Just look at how many pages this thread is and all of the controversy in it. Yes, haha.

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I was going to leave this alone but here you go. This is exactly where you go off the rails. Never seen a Woz throw a LED. How about never seen a bunch of Sterns throw whole banks of LEDs (blowing a board.) Every machine has problems. Sterns have had plenty of issues. So have the Woz machines. Comments like the one you made above don't help your cause whatsoever.

1. I don't have a cause

2. I was replying since the comment was just a one liner poking at WOZ.

3. If every machine has issues why does it bother you that I brought up modern Sterns throwin 555's?

4. Last I checked the WOZ LED board issue was fixed months ago and Stern is still using 555 LED's in areas where they can come off...If Stern has stopped doing that or developed a different method that's welcoming news.

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pen , going Panzer just means taking a point and pounding so much that a person can't even tell what you are saying anymore because it's painfully to re read over and over again . No hard feelings for either of you. Is just his style and you are doing it.

Wow. Thank you for being insulting once again. I state opinions about WOZ that come as positive since I like the game. Others post opinions about WOZ that are more negative as some simply don't like the game.

If you and others can dish out crap, jabs and pokes about WOZ then you can deal with me defending the game or ignore me.

So go ahead and keep mocking me. At least I've never singled out others and said "Going so and so means...". That's immature.

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Today at the Jersey Jack open house, it was the new Stern Machines that people gravitated to.
I have nothing against Jack, I hope he is successful with his company, but WOZ isn't that great of a game.
I think today was all the proof that people need, the Stern games at the Jersey Jack open house were the machines with lines, not WOZ.

Lol! Say's the person that just joined Pinside and this is his first post with the name "Trekkie" as part of his user name.

#524 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'll take your juvenile post that you weren't there today.
AC/DC premium ($6,500), Metallica premium, Mustang pro, Iron Man VE, Space Jam ($1,800).
When I left, they were setting up other older games.
My screen name has nothing to do with the facts...and the facts, is that the open house did more to push the new Sterns than it did to push WOZ.
If anyone has pictures from the event, go ahead and post em.
BTW, I even included the prices on the 2 machines that had prices on them...good luck refuting anything I just said.

Guess what?! It was a pinball show! There was going to be more pins there then just WOZ. Do you think Jack would ban Stern games from the show? Nope.

Sorry but it just seems fishy that your first post ever on Pinside is in this thread of all threads and you just say that WOZ isn't that great of a game. Is that you Gary? lol

#527 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At least he knows what his own username means!

I said several weeks ago that I choose PanzerFreak because I always use the "Panzerfaust" (a German WW2 weapon) in several video games I enjoy.

May want to go back and read those posts again

Goodnight RobT. Try again next time!

#530 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL!!!
Try again? Really? Dude, nobody on this forum is going to forget the fact that you didn't know that a Panzer was a German word for tank!
Nobody!
Nice try at revisionist history though.

Dude, I know that Panzer means tank in German. I've known that. You don't understand though that when I think of my user name that I think of those several games where I use the Panzerfaust. I didn't choose PanzerFreak because I love tanks...

You can learn about the Panzerfaust here. Like my grandma always said "See said the blind man".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust

Also, you and a couple others are the only ones hung up on it. Actually maybe just you.

Try again

#532 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dude, just stop. You are embarrassing yourself.
Everyone knows that you didn't know that until it was pointed out to you. You asked why people were calling you "tank". It was hilarious!

Read my post above.You are the one embarrassing yourself at this point.

Here you go

You can learn about the Panzerfaust here. Like my grandma always said "See said the blind man".

Try again RobT

#534 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You ask me why I called you tank! You had no idea! Stop digging a hole!

Read my posts above.

Try again

#537 9 years ago

Go ahead! Waste more time, lol! I know what I meant.

To both of you

Try again

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Here it is, in all it's glory!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozs-always-out-of-order-on-location/page/2#post-1755589
Just read it again. It's worth reading again! Classic stuff!

Thanks RobT! Keep on trolling!

Try again

#540 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Post it Rob ! Tank just lost a ton of credibility and he didn't have much to spare.

That's right. I've said too many good things about JJP and WOZ...

#558 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

classic.
I think he's STILL a bit sensitive about that... he's jumped in like 8 times to re-re-re-re-defend himself on it.
Most people let it die, but the irony of Tank (hey, that's what Panzer means in English, btw), ripping on someone else's screen-name made it fair game....
You'd think he would have learned that the more he re-spun the story and defended himself, the sillier he looks... Ahhh, makes me want to crack open a Shasta and re-reread the original....
For those that missed it the first time... it was funny... here's where it all started (downhill):

Hey I told you where I got my username from. Go read about the Panzerfaust on Wikipedia. The link is on the previous page. It's your fault if you don't believe that is where I got my username from. Then again I could tell you, RobT and McCune that the sky is blue and you would disagree with me :p. I hope you realize that it is you three that look sillier the more you continue to bring this up, haha.

Oh look who liked your post...My guess was correct lol.

Try again little troll

#560 9 years ago

10 WOZ's two people deep is 20 people. Mustang, ACDC and Iron even at 6 each is 18 people. Sounds like more people were playing WOZ.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Show me where I said the WOZ machines were idle......I would love to see this.
The WOZ machines would be 2 people/groups deep, Mustang, AC/DC, Iron Man were always like 6 people/groups deep.
You WOZ lovers have a way of making stuff up that I never said.
There was a clear difference in the amount of people looking to play the 3 sterns listed.

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

We know where you got the user name from! You did not know what it meant. Stop being strange.

Ok here we go...

I know what my username means. I did not just have the word "Panzer" magically pop into my head one day.

Why didn't I think you simply meant "tank" when you called me that? I thought you were using the word "tank" as a condescending reference to something due to the fact that you have been insulting, jabbing and pretty much attacking every pro WOZ / JJP comment I've made for nearly a year now. If say PEN, or anyone else here that is respectful, made the same comment I wouldn't have reacted the same way.

It was my mistake for thinking you were being rude yet again towards me.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Because you didn't know panzer meant TANK ! LMAO

Original post deleted. Prefer to get back on topic then make comments like above.

WOZ has revolutioned pinball in a number of ways. Code support, quality, features and the platform itself which makes adjusting settings, viewing rules and running diagnostics a breeze.

#627 9 years ago

Yes, others than us two. And no, that's not my account.
The only outcast here is you and your WOZ worshippers.
We now know the answer about your ego. It makes you incapable of admitting when you're wrong.

Really?

Oh the great and powerful Oz (looking at my WOZECLE). Thank you for blessing us with deep complete code and lots of toys. May the creator (Jack) forever build pins in your image. Your Hobbit brother is coming soon.

Lol, sorry had to do it after the "worshiper" comment. Seriously though, WOZ is amazing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-woz-revolutionized-pinball?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.