image-21.jpg
image.jpg
whiny.jpg
play.jpg
Gary-and-Jack.jpg
New Canasta.jpg
new radio-433.jpg
old radio-643.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#16 9 years ago

The first pin was a novelty and prepaid by the masses..... And lots of drama surrounded it obviously.

I think the success (or lack thereof) of the 2nd title will be more telling.... If they can ship TH without all the shenanigians we saw with WOz, THEN Stern might take JJP seriously. If that happens, we might see Stern respond/react.... So far they havejt really needed to..... Except to see the market price for pins has gone up.

Id LOVE for Stern to react by kicking things up a notch.... Mustang certainly didnt do that

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I like the LCD, but I would hardly call that "revolutionizing" pinball.
I don't see it much at all when I'm playing either.
I know there's more to WoZ than the LCD, like the non flickering LEDs which are very cool, but still not something that I'd consider revolutionary.

If the LCD isnt revolutionary, its certainly a major "evolutionary" step.

Im hoping to see even more integration of the LCD with TH.... I think it will be a baby step closer to "evolutionary" - certainly more innovation than weve seen from Stern lately.... Maybe EVER.

Having said that, a pinball is more the sum of its parts (or toys). THAT is why im anxious for TH.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Revolution is such a strong word.
No it did not.

I was thinking about what would qualify as "revolutionary"

Id consider pinball 2k revolutionary.... But... That didn't turn out too well

Different question:
Do we really WANT revolutionary? I mean, a huge part of pinballs appeal is nostalgia. A radically different design (revolutionary?!) might not really be what pinballs current fanbase really wants.

Anyways, just some random musings...

For me, im happy with some 'evolution".... and perhaps mire importantly some "creativity."

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It's weighs more, so it must be better.

Awesome.

In other news, *I* am now a higher quality build than I was 10 years ago

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Someone once said (likely Panzer) that a person can not have a full opinion of a game until they own it. This sounds nuts at first,

I might agree..... Unless they pre-ordered.

In that case- I'd suggest almost the exact opposite. I'd say that anyone who buys a game (sometimes before they even play it!) cannot have an objective opinion. That's like allowing a parent of a contestant to judge one of those child beauty patents.... No-one is going to admit their own kid is ugly.

I consider WOZ a special case here because 99% of the fanbase fully paid for one before they ever played it.... Or even saw one.... However, I put stern LE pre-order folks in the same bucket.

Granted some people can still be objective even though they dropped 6, 7, 8k sight unseen and then had to defend their decision for years.... But most are NOT.

Obviously I'm old fashioned. I like to actually SEE and PLAY a game before deciding I want to buy one. For the folks that "tried before they buyed"- I would agree they will have a less emotional, more objective opinion about the game....but not the preorder crazies.

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Would you like me to compare rule set nuances and depth? How about the operating system? .

Good stuff.

Next please compare WOZ's revolutionary led board design (you know, where 1 failure can take out half the lights on the whole game). I know that's a "feature" operators have been raving about....

Lol... Guys in glass houses....

All pinball game have the ability to suck in their own, unique and special way. Notwithstanding All of Jacks chest-thumping, WOZ's have proven to have their issues JUST like Stern.

However, the difference is Jacks berating of the competition when he was stumping for JJP makes him an easy target now that a few of those chickens have come back to roost.

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Just the Toy thing and the copy and paste essay everywhere. You certainly have made great points on many things. WOZ just strikes a funny nerve and you kick in. Not insulting just an observation.

Well, yes THAT (the toys macro).... but also the crowing about complete code/software.

I agree the WoZ code looks pretty damn deep (I love the graphical map of it), but if we measured final code from when the FIRST Woz was delivered, I think its fair to say JJP (like Stern) has delivered incomplete code at machine release.

#553 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You ask me why I called you tank! You had no idea! Stop digging a hole!

classic.

I think he's STILL a bit sensitive about that... he's jumped in like 8 times to re-re-re-re-defend himself on it.

Most people let it die, but the irony of Tank (hey, that's what Panzer means in English, btw), ripping on someone else's screen-name made it fair game....

You'd think he would have learned that the more he re-spun the story and defended himself, the sillier he looks... Ahhh, makes me want to crack open a Shasta and re-reread the original....

For those that missed it the first time... it was funny... here's where it all started (downhill):

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

McCune and RobT: Can you please tell me why you are calling me "Tank"? More condescending name calling creeping out from the WOZ hate thread?
or (lol)
I've played tank classes in several MMO's so maybe that's why?
The WOZ I own is built like a tank?
That I play War Thunder which has tanks?

#577 9 years ago

Proof point #6,455:

Nothing good comes after page 5 of any thread.*

*notable exceptions: SW translite and shasta threads.

#600 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

littlecami = rational & mature

Dude... please dial it back a bit.

You're posts are starting to make me agree with Pinchroma, Tank, and company.... Thats just not right.

#621 9 years ago

i think I understand the recent rash of prickly comments:

Someone's Mom grounded them from attending ComicCon last month....

#635 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I think this discussion's usefulness expired some time ago.
Moderator, can I volunteer this be closed?

Maybe not after post #1, but not too far after page #1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-woz-revolutionized-pinball?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.