image-21.jpg
image.jpg
whiny.jpg
play.jpg
Gary-and-Jack.jpg
New Canasta.jpg
new radio-433.jpg
old radio-643.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

BUT, you've got to admit, the price was the one thing Jack got right.
Had he charged $4,500 for the standards, he would not be hanging on right now.

I think he got a few other things right, too.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Whether it is revolutionary or not will be clear down the road when we look back years from now. I believe it will be seen as pivotal, but a lot will depend on where pinball is a decade from now.
As a game it has no equal, IMO, it's superior to any Stern by a mile, and I've come to the conclusion since the latest code update that there is not a better B/W game either, (never thought I would say that!!)

And that's saying something when you have 96 machines. Whaaaaaaaaat???

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it comes with a coin mech, then yes it is revolutionary.

Oh, O-D...what happened to the dog with the cigar avatar? I'm so depressed...

And I think the LCD is great - it's the first game that's interesting to watch when it's not your turn. The LCD isn't to see what's happening when you're playing - it's to see what was happening when you were playing when you're NOT playing.

#90 9 years ago

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! It's Taylor vs. McCune! Oh, man...this is gonna be awesome. Going to get some popcorn - don't post again till I get back ...

And RobT! Even better!!!

#91 9 years ago

Okay. I'm back! Aaaaaaand...GO!!!

#141 9 years ago

Well, then, you may see "revolutionary" with Hobbit. Supposedly, they have patents pending on some proprietary stuff in that game. We'll see!

#153 9 years ago

I don't know. My son in law is a casual player and he stays on the damn thing for two hours straight. Don't know how he does it. I always need a beer break.

#172 9 years ago

I love you, Alex.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Where I go to play play pinball, WOZ is lined up next to Williams/Bally games of the 90's...guess which one is being played the least...hint: Not Williams or Bally.

Gottlieb, maybe? Or do you just go to play pinball with a bunch of cheap bastards that don't want to spend a buck on a quality game? We've got a lot of people around here like that, too. And are you James T. Kirk again with a brand new Trekkie account, or do you just his "friend" at the conventions?

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I had purchased Invisiglass ( a bunch)and most certainly planned on buying a WOZ. Was on the phone ordering three times. Each to be shocked by the circles in conversation of what was going on.
The best part is that you are one of the biggest reason that I and many others won't give a penny to JJP. I pay more for PDI and buy NIB games often. But as I said thanks to you that company won't get any funds from me. Hows it feel to personally drain the income flow?

Alex isn't actually doing anything to drain JJP's income flow. He actually helps it. His helping me from his personal cell phone while he was waiting for his flight at an airport halfway across the country is one of the reasons I decided to preorder Hobbit. And he wasn't getting paid a dime to do it. He's a good guy, defending a good company, and doing great work for them as well.

#253 9 years ago

I actually think that WOZ, with it's attractive LCD display and universal theme, brings a lot of people to pinball that wouldn't previously have tried it. And I can't think of another machine in recent memory that I can say that about. For that reason, perhaps, it's revolutionary.

#269 9 years ago

Why don't you send him documentation that it CAN? He doesn't owe you anything, and you don't owe him anything. Nothing to see here...let's move on.

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone know of any Stern flipper tips breaking off?

Yes, I do. And how's it going, Tiberius?

#444 9 years ago

Here's what we've learned so far in this thread (if you don't want to read the whole thing):

1. WOZ has revolutionized pinball.
2. WOZ has NOT revolutionized pinball.
3. Nothing can actually revolutionize pinball and make it still BE pinball.
4. "Revolutionize" is entirely the wrong word to use anyway.
5. Some people love WOZ.
6. Some people hate WOZ.
7. Some people love WOZ so much that they're willing to take time out of their day to get their calipers out and show just how much better WOZ is.
8. Some people hate WOZ so much that they're willing to ridicule said person for doing such a thing.
9. The people who hate WOZ are actually open minded enough that they're willing to someday spend some serious time with the machine to see if it might change their mind, especially with the new code.
10. The people who love WOZ are shocked by this development.

I'd like to add two things to this discussion:

1. I'm a huge JJP fan, and while I think WOZ is a great game, it's probably the game that I play the least now. I've learned that much like with video games, more technology doesn't necessarily make for a better game. Donkey Kong is much more addictive than some recent games, and some old B/W games are much more addictive than WOZ. (At least for me...my son in law won't get off WOZ and I won't get off Congo (but probably because it's a much easier game)).

2. Here's something no WOZ owner has ever done, because they're too busy defending the machine they love...so I'm gonna do it. If anybody wants to spend some quality time with a WOZ, you're welcome to stop by my place and play it to your heart's content. I'll even crack a few beers with you - let me know what you want to drink. If you still hate it, that's fine. Different opinions are what make the world an interesting place.

The invitation stands to anybody...especially YOU, McCune, if you're ever in NJ (since it sounds like you're keeping an open mind!).

#477 9 years ago

Hey! I invited McCune to NJ first! Freakin' Canadians trying to steal my thunder...

(I actually have a Congo PF I need him to restore...I'm trying to butter him up!)

#518 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

So how did you help out with the crappy mounting system.

The mounting system is absolutely fine. Sturdy and solid, and the best thing is that when you need to, you can unhook the handles and lift it up to get underneath. Wonderful design. One person's bad experience doesn't mean it's bad. No matter what the product is, there will always be a few flawed ones in the bunch. (If you believe the story to begin with...)

Quoted from Pinchroma:

you will chime in with some nonsensical post with little to no sentence structure that reads like it should be written in crayon.

Thanks for that, Alex. Now I have to go change my Depends.

#519 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I use a micrometer for that !

Who knew McCune had a sense of humor?

My offer from p. 9 of this thread still stands, Jim. Get to Jersey, and you can play your heart out on a dialed-in WOZ while I ply you with beer. I'd love to have you be my guest while I convince you to do a PF restore.

#543 9 years ago

Most of the people there already own a WOZ, despite what Trekkie says in another thread (he apparently did an official poll of 10 people...supposedly...how you even bring that up with a stranger is a little creepy: "Pardon me, I'm a Trekkie. Did you play WOZ or Sterns more today?" Gallup he's not.)

I've been to every JJP party until this one because my tire decided to adopt a nail. And I never play WOZ when I'm there. Why would I? I've got one in my house.

#545 9 years ago

Mines dialed in as well.

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I'll bet there wasn't any Star Trek Premium/LE there. Wouldn't want the light show on that bad boy to upstage WOZ!

At least it would have given the nerds something to do.

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nothing you said appears to be "accurate" and really just BS. Like your newly created account. There are plenty of Star Trek threads to clutter up.

Not much activity on those forums. Most of the users are busy writing their profiles for desperation dating websites. It's tough to keep a girlfriend when you say goodnight to your dates by saying, "Live long and prosper."

#583 9 years ago

Funny. I've forgotten about more ass than you'll ever see.

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yup I live in a panasonic box down by the river. I suck and have no appreciable in-demand skills.
I can at least say i've had direct impact on the devices that just about everyone in the modern world uses on a daily basis. What's your claim to fame other than owning a signed Picard phaser?

LOL! I'm sorry...I was actually winning my argument by just staying quiet. But I had to chime in here to give you a thumbs up, Alex. Carry on. I'll go back to shutting TFU.

#601 9 years ago

Oh...My...God...

I just gave lowepg a thumbs-up. Wow...

...maybe Trekkie1978 actually brings Pinsiders together! (Cue Kumbaya...)

#630 9 years ago

Finally, I can drain the thread.

But I bet you won't!...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-woz-revolutionized-pinball?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.