image.jpg
whiny.jpg
play.jpg
Gary-and-Jack.jpg
New Canasta.jpg
new radio-433.jpg
old radio-643.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 644 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The P3 is being pitched as a home-console pinball system, so I'm not sure that a rebirth of arcades is required for it to be successful.

Are you serious? A $10,000 console? Console buyers get antsy when anything is more expensive than $399.

#252 9 years ago

Someone says "Woz is the best game ever" and someone else says " It's boring" are opinions and not considered trolling ! Saying Woz is superior to other games is trolling ! Saying Woz offers other options than other games is not trolling.

#253 9 years ago

I actually think that WOZ, with it's attractive LCD display and universal theme, brings a lot of people to pinball that wouldn't previously have tried it. And I can't think of another machine in recent memory that I can say that about. For that reason, perhaps, it's revolutionary.

#254 9 years ago

Same bullshit? Hey sweet, I'm finally going to try out the new "Drain Topic" button.

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Someone says "Woz is the best game ever" and someone else says " It's boring" are opinions and not considered trolling ! Saying Woz is superior to other games is trolling ! Saying Woz offers other options than other games is not trolling.

I prefer my WOZLE over all other existing games including games in my collection. I only hope to be considered a troll for my honest opinion of the next game I decide to buy from a manufacturer. Does my opinion of WOZ make me a troll? If so, I need to reevaluate what the word means.....or you do.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I prefer my WOZLE over all other existing games including games in my collection.

I would like woz over anything in your collection too !!!!!!

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I prefer my WOZLE over all other existing games including games in my collection. I only hope to be considered a troll for my honest opinion of the next game I decide to buy from a manufacturer. Does my opinion of WOZ make me a troll? If so, I need to reevaluate what the word means.....or you do.

It's like you didn't even read what he wrote. He said saying it's the best game ever is an opinion and not trolling

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim be nice!

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Wow. What a low blow.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Glad there was a smileyface next to that statement.

Great material !

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Glad there was a smileyface next to that statement.

Great material !

I am glad some people around here can play on the internet .

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I am glad some people around here can play on the internet .

Some people, who shall not be named (PANZERFREAK), don't have much of a sense of humor apparently.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Some people, who shall not be named (PANZERFREAK), don't have much of a sense of humor apparently.

I do. Just not for two certain individuals that have been trolling WOZ threads for nearly a year now, lol.

Update: Hey look who down voted my post...again, lol!

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just not for two certain individuals that have been trolling WOZ threads for nearly a year now

I 100% agree and won't hold it against you for banning yourself !!!

#265 9 years ago

Still waiting on that documentation.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I 100% agree and won't hold it against you for banning yourself !!!

Oh I wasn't talking about myself

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Still waiting on that documentation.

Yeah let me go spend a month rewriting someone else's technical documentation to specifically point out capabilities and possible deficiencies while neglecting my own work. Comical. Even if I did write documentation somehow I doubt it would be in your wheelhouse and would probably just continue to be trite and call me a troll. LOL Where is the benefit.

Jim I have a question for you on something restoration related. I'll shoot you a txt.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yeah let me go spend a month rewriting someone else's technical documentation to specifically point out capabilities and possible deficiencies while neglecting my own work. Comical. Even if I did write documentation somehow I doubt it would be in your wheelhouse and would probably just continue to be trite and call me a troll. LOL Where is the benefit.
Jim I have a question for you on something restoration related. I'll shoot you a txt.

Not asking for a re-write. You stated that Star Trek can't fully utilize the color changing LEDs, and I asked for your proof.

Since you are unable to produce said documentation, you must me talking out your arse, and now everyone can see that.

#269 9 years ago

Why don't you send him documentation that it CAN? He doesn't owe you anything, and you don't owe him anything. Nothing to see here...let's move on.

#270 9 years ago

Not asking for a re-write. You stated that Star Trek can't fully utilize the color changing LEDs, and I asked for your proof.
Since you are unable to produce said documentation, you must me talking out your arse, and now everyone can see that.

Because you don't understand the basics of function somehow that makes it so i'm talking out of my ass. Really just stop talking you are making yourself look pretty terrible. Old me would have just laid waste to your lack of knowledge on the subject but since it's obvious you don't have the technical merit to hold that conversation and you didn't read my actual post i'll just end right here.

I don't think anyone here has ever called into question my actual technical ability as my code is on just about every modern device you use in your daily life. LOL You're the first. Congratulations.

<EOF>

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Because you don't understand the basics of function somehow that makes it so i'm talking out of my ass. Really just stop talking you are making yourself look pretty terrible. Old me would have just laid waste to your lack of knowledge on the subject but since it's obvious you don't have the technical merit to hold that conversation and you didn't read my actual post i'll just end right here.
I don't think anyone here has ever called into question my actual technical ability as my code is on just about every device you use in your daily life. LOL You're the first. Congratulations.
<EOF>

Jesus. Pathetic. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh I wasn't talking about myself

Yes you were.

You just didn't know it.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes you were.

You just didn't know it.

I wonder who the second one is ?

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why don't you send him documentation that it CAN? He doesn't owe you anything, and you don't owe him anything. Nothing to see here...let's move on.

Yes, I believe he does owe us something. He called out Sterns RGB system as being only able to produce 3 colors. He has continued to try and defend the claim by saying the system is incapable of anything more. The counter to that is a video of the lead designer of Star Trek claiming that indeed 1,000,000 colors are available and another video that shows maybe not all 1,000,000 colors but way more than 3 colors being shown. No, I'm not an EE, but I can see where maybe further proof would be required if someone wants to continue to claim that the Stern system is indeed only capable of 3 colors and no sweeping or otherwise.

-Jeff

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes you were.
You just didn't know it.

Wrong again. The two can usually be found down voting nearly every postive WOZ post and giving a thumbs up to the negative ones. lol

Insert jingle

Trollin, trollin, trollin, the WOZ haters keep on trollin!

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Yes, I believe he does owe us something. He called out Sterns RGB system as being only able to produce 3 colors. He has continued to try and defend the claim by saying the system is incapable of anything more. The counter to that is a video of the lead designer of Star Trek claiming that indeed 1,000,000 colors are available and another video that shows maybe not all 1,000,000 colors but way more than 3 colors being shown. No, I'm not an EE, but I can see where maybe further proof would be required if someone wants to continue to claim that the Stern system is indeed only capable of 3 colors and no sweeping or otherwise.
-Jeff

Thank you for saving me some typing! Couldn't have said it better!

#277 9 years ago

OK, well, I just messaged the question to Steve Ritchie on Facebook. We'll see if we can get a official response.

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wrong again. The two can usually be found down voting nearly every postive WOZ post and giving a thumbs up to the negative ones. lol
Insert jingle
Trollin, trollin, trollin, the WOZ haters keep on trollin!

You've become a caricature of yourself.

#279 9 years ago

P.S. I never said it was incapable of more than 3... I just said it isn't being utilized to potential and maxes out at an advertised million. Go back and re-read.

Now I remembered why we don't post here generally anymore New mods. No changes.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Keep on going with the jabs RobT!

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually think that WOZ, with it's attractive LCD display and universal theme, brings a lot of people to pinball that wouldn't previously have tried it. And I can't think of another machine in recent memory that I can say that about. For that reason, perhaps, it's revolutionary.

I bought my first NIB because of this theme. I clearly recognize the theme is not for everyone but for my family it was an easy sell.

Now is it revelutionary? Probably not. To be called revolutionary I think it would need to so groundbreaking that everyone would want to play it regardless of the theme. Thats not the case from reading the comments here

My two cents on the light show is that it is truely the best light show in pinball. The abilty to go from vivid colors to Sepia-tome is amazing. I leave this pin on just for the call outs and light show it puts on.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keep on going with the jabs RobT!

whiny.jpgwhiny.jpg
#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I know the bulbs probably can. I'm saying the platform can't. flashing a single color on a string is cute. Individual color shifting and smooth transitioning on a bulb by bulb basis can't be done on them. So yes the woz lighting platform is far far superior. There isn't even an argument here. What people are arguing is subjectivity. "I like the look of xxx over yyy" and that's a fair discussion but saying that the capabilities of Star Trek are superior to woz is not only incorrect it's just being purposefully trolling.
IMO It's just not possible to do the same things on that platform.

You said:

And if 3 colors in any use are better than 3 million then maybe you have a narrow color spectrum to your vision

You also said:

I know the bulbs probably can. I'm saying the platform can't. flashing a single color on a string is cute. Individual color shifting and smooth transitioning on a bulb by bulb basis can't be done on them.

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Btw that's not fact it's opinion. And if 3 colors in any use are better than 3 million then maybe you have a narrow color spectrum to your vision .
Sorry comparing the 2 isn't even fair. WoZ lighting is superior in every way to tri color simple bulbs/base surface mounts. We can make the inserts actually play the color content of a movie . Do that elsewhere and come talk to me lol.

Ok. I reread it. It sounds very much like you are calling the Star Trek RGB system a 3 color system. This was in response to someone saying they thought the Star Trek RGBs being 'better' than WOZs. I don't have an opinion on which system is better. They both seem to display a lot of different color and do various attractive sweeps and fades. But saying that Star Trek is a simple tri-color bulb base is inaccurate. Saying that is isn't capable of sweeps and fades is inaccurate. I've never seen a movie played on either system and don't care to. I wouldn't mind hearing what makes the Star Trek system less than the WOZ system provided they are effects that are currently or soon to be utilized and not things that could be if you wanted them to......

-Jeff

#285 9 years ago

Why are we arguing about light shows?

Can we agree they both have cool light shows but neither makes for a revolutionary pinball machine?

#286 9 years ago

I think we should be comparing coin mechs.

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can we agree they both have cool light shows but neither makes for a revolutionary pinball machine?

I hate that the Revolutionary. Most folks don't actually know the definition. It's evolutionary as in has a basis from previous beginnings. Revolution is a complete rework from the ground up and involves something transformational. Quite frankly a pinball machine can NOT be revolutionary any more than a car can. It evolves generation by generation but the basis for what makes a pinball machine is the same.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is it not obvious ?

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

whiny.jpg 8 KB

Is that you waiting for the ST update? haha

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You are right. But it started when someone from one camp claimed a number of inaccuracies about the product of another camp. It bugs me when people perpetuate obvious untruths. I guess that's the definition of troll right there and I should leave it at that. Thanks for getting me back on the right track.

-Jeff

#291 9 years ago

You said:
And if 3 colors in any use are better than 3 million then maybe you have a narrow color spectrum to your vision
You also said:
I know the bulbs probably can. I'm saying the platform can't. flashing a single color on a string is cute. Individual color shifting and smooth transitioning on a bulb by bulb basis can't be done on them.

If Stern can do similar light shows then why don't they?

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Stern can do similar light shows then why don't they?

If you're simply talking about some of the subtle light changes, that kind of stuff would be programmed last. Face it, WOZ wasn't all that hot in the subtle light department until after several updates.

Massive Star Trek code update about to drop, so we'll see how it turns out, but the color changing and fades are already there. SAM and the SAM extensions in Star Trek handle it quite well.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is that you waiting for the ST update? haha

Since I don't own STLE I guess not?

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Tell me you didn't see the contents of this thread before you opened it.

I hate to be redundant but...

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's like you didn't even read what he wrote. He said saying it's the best game ever is an opinion and not trolling

I consider my WOZ superior to every game I have ever played or owned. When I say this, it comes from a place of experience and opinion based on my experience. I read what he wrote. Its like people confuse honest opinions with trolling. As a side note rarely is saying something positive about a game a trollish remark compared to the negative crap people feel the need to post.

So there you have it. Troll status reached based on the loose definition.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Every game I own, is one I have picked for a reason.... Checkpoint cough.

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Checkpoint cough

I own one because it was the first DMD game. It was revolutionary !

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Rob, you are playing the same game for a different team. I might buy bobbleheads of all of us. Self awarness can be a bitch, but its worth the effort.

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I own one because it was the first DMD game. It was revolutionary !

I was just jabbing back. It will all be ok.

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I might buy bobbleheads of all of us.

AWESOME ! I am in, where do we pre order .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 644 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-woz-revolutionized-pinball/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.