Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2019-07-04-09-37-41 (resized).png
    preview.php.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from finnflash:

So I have a game in the market for trade and I received an offer that we both agree on. He is 5 hours away and we decide to meet halfway, but then he can not get a day off for almost 3 weeks. Now I have a few days open so I ask if he will be around if I plan a trip to him, after a few conversations he says yes, I will be here Saturday anytime. So I book a hotel and reach out to him to see if since I drove to whole amount, can he meet me at my hotel or near by. He tells me he cant get his game up from the basement by himself. Since I'm booked there and cant cancel, I say i guess i will drive the whole way and drag your game up the stairs also. Now the last 3 weeks i have had tremendous pain in my arm from a sprained neck, but against my wife's wishes, i really want this game and will bite the bullet!
    2 days before I leave, trying to get everything situated he sends me a message asking if he can call. He informs me that he received a better offer for the game, but doesn't wanna be a d*** and back out of our deal. I tell him it's ultimately up to you to make the decision, he says he will decide and call me back today to let me know what he will do.
    Just like I thought, did not hear from him again. So now I'm driving up to Chicago for 2 days, and no new pins are coming home.
    This is the first bad experience I have had on pinside, but at least I didnt lose a bunch of cash or pin.

What is the pin you were trying to get?

#29 4 years ago

btw, that was a super shitty move of him. You should definitely leave feedback for him and name him.

Screenshot_2019-07-04-09-37-41 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-04-09-37-41 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-this-happened-to-you-1?tu=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.