So I have a game in the market for trade and I received an offer that we both agree on. He is 5 hours away and we decide to meet halfway, but then he can not get a day off for almost 3 weeks. Now I have a few days open so I ask if he will be around if I plan a trip to him, after a few conversations he says yes, I will be here Saturday anytime. So I book a hotel and reach out to him to see if since I drove to whole amount, can he meet me at my hotel or near by. He tells me he cant get his game up from the basement by himself. Since I'm booked there and cant cancel, I say i guess i will drive the whole way and drag your game up the stairs also. Now the last 3 weeks i have had tremendous pain in my arm from a sprained neck, but against my wife's wishes, i really want this game and will bite the bullet!
2 days before I leave, trying to get everything situated he sends me a message asking if he can call. He informs me that he received a better offer for the game, but doesn't wanna be a d*** and back out of our deal. I tell him it's ultimately up to you to make the decision, he says he will decide and call me back today to let me know what he will do.
Just like I thought, did not hear from him again. So now I'm driving up to Chicago for 2 days, and no new pins are coming home.
This is the first bad experience I have had on pinside, but at least I didnt lose a bunch of cash or pin.