(Topic ID: 165661)

POLL: Has the recent playfield ghosting issues swayed you from purchasing?

By kpg

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Has the recent Stern playfield ghosting issues swayed you from purchasing a NIB pin?”

• Yes - I either cancelled or changed my mind to purchase NIB. I will not roll the dice and hope I get a non-defective game. 144 votes
      72%
    • No - I am sticking with my NIB order from Stern. I live on the edge, i'll take the gamble and worry about it later. 57 votes
      28%

(201 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).png
    russian-roulette.jpg
    IMG_2504_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).png
    IMG_3969_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3968_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3970_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3967_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3966_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3959_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3958_(resized).JPG

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

Unfortunately canceling the order doesn't effect Stern it effects the distributor. So Stern doesn't really feel the heat. The distributor most likely will still take the machine they ordered.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from windsoreight:

Unfortunately canceling the order doesn't effect Stern it effects the distributor. So Stern doesn't really feel the heat. The distributor most likely will still take the machine they ordered.

not when they get enough cancelations.

Are you telling me that if you had 100 Premiums on order and 70 of your customers cancelled that you would still take all orders from Stern?

#53 2 years ago

I'll buy a GB premium once the playfield and other quality issues clear up. If they don't the I won't be buying new Sterns anymore. For premium money which Stern charges I demand premium quality, its as simple as that.
    From a marketing point of view it seems pretty incompetent to screw over your old customers just as new competitors enter the market.

#54 2 years ago

Yes and no. I was wanting to get a GB earlier this year. Ended up getting a MET earlier this year which ended up with one ghosted insert. I still like GB but don't plan on another nib purchase for a while for financial reasons. Even if I had cash I would still be very hesitant. Seems like the spike system has more issues and every new game has more and more issues in general. On top of that, prices are shooting up.

#55 2 years ago

As of tonight, my playfield on my GBLE is now coming apart, clear coat and artwork.

If you haven't cancelled or are on the fence, you should really save your cash and wait until all of this settles and we find out how Stern will address this. You could be taking a big risk here.

IMG_2504_(resized).JPG

#56 2 years ago

Buying a NIB right now is well, like this....

Hopefully Aerosmith p/f's not been made yet....

russian-roulette.jpg

#57 2 years ago

Maybe a bit ignorant, I originally ordered a Premium, since the LE's were already sold out, but then some LE's got cancelled and I bought one, dealer told me about the stories on the internet, which I hadn't heared yet, so I checked the playfield when I got there and it looked perfect, so I bought it anyway.

Afterwards I started googling and saw the horrors, so I got somewhat nervous about it, but I decided to play the game anyway, I didn't buy it just for looking at it....now after about a 100 games I start to notice some air under the add-a-ball and Super-Jackpot inserts, so that's kind of a bummer, but was to be expected I guess...
    Today I ordered a playfield protector, no idea if that's gonna help and maybe it's already too late, but we'll see

Biggest problem in my opinion is the enormous amount of airballs, never seen so much in any other pin, almost looks like the coil power is way too much, (I set coil power to soft but doesn't seem to do anything), auto plunger sends the ball in the backboard or into puff, flippers send the ball over the ramp against the backboard instead of on the ramp, or into the chrome rail above the playfield which starts to lose chrome already, or just into the targets and then the balls bounce off so hard they will fly anywhere, like outlanes, shooterlane, subway, toprail etc. Lot of these balls slam into the playfield and maybe that's causing the trouble?

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from xyntec:

Maybe a bit ignorant, I originally ordered a Premium, since the LE's were already sold out, but then some LE's got cancelled and I bought one, dealer told me about the stories on the internet, which I hadn't heared yet, so I checked the playfield when I got there and it looked perfect, so I bought it anyway.
    Afterwards I started googling and saw the horrors, so I got somewhat nervous about it, but I decided to play the game anyway, I didn't buy it just for looking at it....now after about a 100 games I start to notice some air under the add-a-ball and Super-Jackpot inserts, so that's kind of a bummer, but was to be expected I guess...
    Today I ordered a playfield protector, no idea if that's gonna help and maybe it's already too late, but we'll see
    Biggest problem in my opinion is the enormous amount of airballs, never seen so much in any other pin, almost looks like the coil power is way too much, (I set coil power to soft but doesn't seem to do anything), auto plunger sends the ball in the backboard or into puff, flippers send the ball over the ramp against the backboard instead of on the ramp, or into the chrome rail above the playfield which starts to lose chrome already, or just into the targets and then the balls bounce off so hard they will fly anywhere, like outlanes, shooterlane, subway, toprail etc. Lot of these balls slam into the playfield and maybe that's causing the trouble?

No, it's a defective playfield. Demand stern sends out a new one or it will only get worse.

#59 2 years ago

Will not buy another Stern until this is fixed. I really like the theme and look of the pin, I have money sitting in the bank waiting to buy, but it seems really stupid to buy any pin (no matter how much we all love pinball and even this theme) until Stern makes this right.

#60 2 years ago

So I guess GB wasn't the next coming of christ after all. Sucks...hope Stern does something for folks.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

No. But not because I live on the edge. I don't consider buying pinball machines particularly edgy behaviour. It's pretty soft really.

If we keep buying Stern games Pinside will eventually reach the front page of Have Edge Times Magazine.

image_(resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.00
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 11.95
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside