(Topic ID: 57324)

Has the Pinball industry spiraled out of control ?

By stretch2

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Anth
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robx46.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

My solution is to not buy new pins (honestly I can't afford it, but even if I could I wouldn't, for the same reason I'll never buy a new car). I get games just as fun at a fraction of the cost of a new Stern. Why pay so much more & not really get much more? Some pretty good games can be had in the $2k range & even after many years can hold up better than the more poorly built newer Sterns. To me this is all just common sense & I'm not exactly going out on a limb here & saying something new.

Jpop makes good points though, & he would know. Surely it is harder to make profits on games when not nearly as many are being made as in the 20th century. Yet a new Stern was quite a bit cheaper just a few years ago & were higher quality I think, prices have certainly inflated faster than inflation itself.

Although you can't really blame Stern too much for anything because they are just going by what we, the buyers, are willing to pay. If we keep buying all their games at X price, then guess what they will keep selling them at X price or higher. As has been said a million times, it is simple economics, supply & demand.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robx46.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-the-pinball-industry-spiraled-out-of-control?tu=robx46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.