(Topic ID: 280740)

Has the pandemic had any affect on pinball prices?

By hbpinball

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

91445d65deb5afc155a2fb26122193c22ea39aa1 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I noticed the prices at the captains auction seem to be up, but craigslist ads seem to be lagging. It still seems difficult to make an easy sale at a decent price. The pandemic has affected many prices, some up, some down. What about buying and selling machines during these unique times.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from hbpinball:

I noticed the prices at the captains auction seem to be up, but craigslist ads seem to be lagging. It still seems difficult to make an easy sale at a decent price. The pandemic has affected many prices, some up, some down. What about buying and selling machines during these unique times.

You’re behind the curve, there’s been a ton of threads about prices during the pandemic.
    Sky-high and outrageous.

#3 3 years ago

Lots of people like myself who, with nowhere to go and play, had to resort to purchasing a machine. Prices went up as a result.

#4 3 years ago

Pricing is like it’s been for at least half a decade, high.

#5 3 years ago

I noticed the minimum price for an EM, working or not has settled at 850.
    Also for some reason everyone feels like their SS machine is worth 4900.
    Funhouse went up another 1000, or at least they are asking that. Roadshow did too.
    Houdini seems to have settled around 5200.

#6 3 years ago

People seem to be asking more, it doesn’t look to me like they are actually selling though. Only things that go are priced to sell or rare pins like POTC. If you can buy it NIB you ain’t selling it unless it’s a good price...

#7 3 years ago

I really underestimated the effect travel had on disposable income. Hobbies, pinball, boating, gym equipment,etc... are out of control. I really thought prices would drop but in fact it has been just the opposite.

#8 3 years ago

An example, my parents usually go on a very expensive cruise once a year, instead my dad is planning on buying more games for the game house.

#9 3 years ago

With price increases on new games the bottom prices on used market will continue to rise too. Pandemic or not.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I really thought prices would drop but in fact it has been just the opposite.

We really haven't seen the true issues for the Economy but will soon. No doubt many machines will be sold to pay rent/expenses. There are not enough well healed collectors to horde all of them for what could become years.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

We really haven't seen the true issues for the Economy but will soon. No doubt many machines will be sold to pay rent/expenses. There are not enough well healed collectors to horde all of them for what could become years.

This is what I believe would happen but not yet. I guess it depends on stimulus and how quickly the economy bounces back. Also lots of high end collectors with cash ready to pounce if prices drop.

I know I have funds set aside in case it does.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I really underestimated the effect travel had on disposable income. Hobbies, pinball, boating, gym equipment,etc... are out of control. I really thought prices would drop but in fact it has been just the opposite.

I believe this is key. I was finally able to pick up a DMD pin after a long time because we weren't paying for gymnastics for months or summer camp for the kids. You can't forget the stimulus that was thousands whether you were impacted finacically or not by Covid-19. I know a lot of people were really hurt, but certain sectors were unaffected and people have been able to redirect "fun" money. I still feel sorry for those in the enterainment business whether you have an arcade or work in a restuarant that can't get back to normal.

#14 3 years ago

De ja vu.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from hbpinball:

It still seems difficult to make an easy sale at a decent price. The pandemic has affected many prices, some up, some down. What about buying and selling machines during these unique times.

Present a safe environment, and make sure the games are sterile, especially the flipper button area, and that all precautions are taken, and of course make sure everyone properly wears a mask.

91445d65deb5afc155a2fb26122193c22ea39aa1 (resized).jpg91445d65deb5afc155a2fb26122193c22ea39aa1 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-the-pandemic-had-any-affect-on-pinball-prices?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.