Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by tk375
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

When playing Transformers the other day, I was thinking that the flippers felt much better than I remember them being on some other Stern titles. Did anyone else noticed this? The flippers have traditionally been one aspect of Stern games that people like to rip on. I have to admit, I thought the flippers on Transformers had a pretty nice feel to them. Is it possible that Stern tweaked their flippers at some point?

#2 12 years ago

Probably just new and fresh, my buddy has a tron le and the flippers feel great to me.

#3 12 years ago

Yeah, in most cases, the flippers on Tron and IM feel better than almost all the WMS games I play simply because they're so new and responsive. I guess since I play both so much I don't really notice the difference in feel anymore.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Probably just new and fresh, my buddy has a Tron LE and the flippers feel great to me.

That's probably it. Most of the Stern games I play are routed. I'm guessing that Stern flippers feel great at first but don't wear as well as B/W flippers.

#5 12 years ago

I always thought they feel weaker. I just think they do not handle wear as well.

#6 12 years ago

There definitely was a change in stern flippers at some point - early 2000's stern flippers would, without much wear, begin to weaken when warm. This was most noticable on LoTR. At some point after that, Stern improved their flipper performance...

#7 12 years ago

I remember that, there was a flipper problem with late Sega and early Stern games, where the flippers would seem underpowered if played non-stop. T3 has always seemed fine for me although strangely the top flipper on RBION can be a bit flaky even though all 4 work well on Elvis...weird.

#8 12 years ago

I think so, I noticed that with Transformers too and they feel much stronger.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-stern-changed-their-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.