(Topic ID: 161297)

Has PINSIDE mail been hacked? Update: No, it was my email.

By vdojaq

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DeeGor
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2016-06-03-12-54-48-1_(resized).png
    mel-brooks-spaceballs_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Don't know what is going on , but I have received a strange Pinside mail this morning from another member and it appears at least one was sent in my name as well to another member.

Anybody getting the same thing?

#6 7 years ago

If I was hacked.....it was by guess who.....Kaneda.

Yep, having a spat with him over on RGP.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So Kenada has hacked Pinside?
    Kinda cool I guess.

I really can't be certain, however the coincidence is timed just right.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Hey I was wondering about that myself as I also got the strange message with link from you

Looks like I had four go out in the wee hours of the morning to yourself, EchoVictor, ElectricCircuit, and foureyedcharlie. I DID not send these, please delete them as it has some sort of link on them.

This is all after I encouraged everyone to go look at the Fix it Felix thread on KLOV about what a guy Kaneda really is.

Again, might be pure coincidence, but he is really hot that I called him to the floor.

#17 7 years ago

Just so you all know , Kaneda is following my every move here. He had a reply on RGP within minutes of this post denying everything. Of course he denied hacking my e-mail, not my Pinside mail. I said nothing about my personal e-mail here. As it turns out, the hack did come from my personal email. Looks like if I had a thread going and replied to them through my e-mail and not Pinside mail, they got the spam message from me.

Anyone want to connect some dots?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Me? I imagine so as those are Michigan peeps...but I didn't get any mail from you on Pinside or directed to me email.
    Are you sure you weren't just in a black out? happens to me all the time.

No, not you. You were not mailed.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

As a precaution, I'd change your password.

Done

Quoted from vid1900:

And all your other passwords, if you for some crazy reason using the same password on your other internet accounts.......

No, but I changed a couple others to be sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-pinside-mail-been-hacked?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.