Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jrivelli
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

reply (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 7 years ago

My heart stays red, and I'm happy to contribute. I've only sold one game with the new system, and I donated. All fine with me really.

I don't see the point of the shops though, what am I getting out of them? I don't care about the ads at the bottom of the page, hell I turn them off, they're irritating. What is the benefit?

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

surely the site isn't that expensive to run

I'm guessing from the way you phrased that that you don't actually have any idea what it takes to run a site like this. It's more than just out of pocket costs for servers etc, is your time not worth anything to you? Mine is worth a lot personally, you want to pay me by the hour you'd better have a fat wallet.

Robin, you should just run banner ads if people want to pay you for them. Just make them non-nasty, host and serve them yourself, no scripts and tracking bullshit, and call it a day. That should be good enough for this cottage industry.

Thanks for answering the shop question, makes more sense now. I don't know that it's useful for me, but I'll try and check it out further.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-pinside-crossed-the-line-i-think-so?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.