Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by spikelou2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jayhawkai_card.png
    jessica_jane_clement9.jpg
    Jessica-Jane-Clement-.jpg
    hot-babe-.jpg
    8gjrt.jpg
    bandcamp.jpg
    p.gif
    pinball_size_girl.gif
    grammar.jpg
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago

Yes…same Molly. Here's a fun video:

#102 9 years ago

snaroff - thank for posting the youtube video. good stuff.

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Jessica-Jane Clement

You can get her as a blond too

Jessica-Jane-Clement-.jpg 22 KB

yea but can you get her as a naked?

#104 9 years ago

this one is pretty nice. I see she has some sort of tattoo, but can't seem to grasp what it is. But I do see some blur of color off to the right of the image.

jessica_jane_clement9.jpgjessica_jane_clement9.jpg

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I just returned from 2 weeks in LA and spent quite a bit of time @ Club 82. It's a very impressive barcade and appears to be wildly successful. Molly is doing an awesome job keeping the pins in tip top shape.

Nice. I'm dying to get down there and check it out.

Quoted from snaroff:

I enjoyed playing the 82 lineup, but it definitely wasn't more fun than playing at home. The big drawback with playing in noisy bars is you can't hear any audio/callouts. For me, this hurts the gaming experience big time…especially when compared with playing pins in the home (often with upgraded audio).

Not all pins are in noisy bars. And not all bars are noisy. If you go to my only bar location around when they open, you can hear and see the games just fine. The crowds and the louder music don't show up for at least a couple of hours.

Quoted from snaroff:

Sure, it's fun to meet people and show them the in/outs/rules/etc., but it's impossible to beat home play when you control the lighting and noise levels.

I don't play much in bars and I rarely have trouble with lighting or volume levels. If things need to be adjusted and the games are good, I'll talk to the business owner or operator to see if they'll make minor adjustments (turn the volume up a little, point a light in a different direction, etc.). This has worked for me.

I can't think of a better feeling in this hobby than getting your initials up on a location game. Can't get that feeling playing at home. Have you got your initials up on a location game lately?

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I don't play much in bars and I rarely have trouble with lighting or volume levels. If things need to be adjusted and the games are good, I'll talk to the business owner or operator to see if they'll make minor adjustments (turn the volume up a little, point a light in a different direction, etc.). This has worked for me.
    I can't think of a better feeling in this hobby than getting your initials up on a location game. Can't get that feeling playing at home. Have you got your initials up on a location game lately?

Molly raised the volume on Metallica for me, but I still couldn't hear it with all the music and crowd noise. She also tweaked the EOS flipper switch that was malfunctioning. She's a great owner/operator.

I understand that not all public places have noise issues, but the successful locations usually do. In the mid/late 70's I worked @ an arcade (Nathan's in NY) and it was almost always noisy.

I did get my name on the TRON @ 82…just missed GC by 10-20M IIRC. For some odd reason, I don't get that excited by putting my name up (I realize I'm in the minority). I get more excited by winning free games

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I just returned from 2 weeks in LA and spent quite a bit of time @ Club 82. It's a very impressive barcade and appears to be wildly successful. Molly is doing an awesome job keeping the pins in tip top shape.
    I enjoyed playing the 82 lineup, but it definitely wasn't more fun than playing at home. The big drawback with playing in noisy bars is you can't hear any audio/callouts. For me, this hurts the gaming experience big time…especially when compared with playing pins in the home (often with upgraded audio).
    Sure, it's fun to meet people and show them the in/outs/rules/etc., but it's impossible to beat home play when you control the lighting and noise levels.

Bingo. Playing on location was a lot different before audio became so important to the pinball experience. When I play a beat up DMD and can't hear a thing on location I'm not really enjoying the pinball the way I can when I can play and hear my nice machines in my home. Keep well maintained EMs - or even early SS - on location and I'll hang out!

#108 9 years ago

I do like when OPs put those headphone jacks in especially for machines like Metallica. I know all WOZs have that too...

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Molly raised the volume on Metallica for me, but I still couldn't hear it with all the music and crowd noise. She also tweaked the EOS flipper switch that was malfunctioning. She's a great owner/operator.

If you ask nicely she'll scream the songs into your ear as you play.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I can when I can play and hear my nice machines in my home.

Yup done with playing games in the wild. Love walking down stairs and pouring myself a drink and playing. For social times I prefer to choose who I hang and drink with. get togethers at our homes is much more social and enjoyable.

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

get togethers at our homes is much more social and enjoyable.

And cheaper. Save that money for more pins

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

If you ask nicely she'll scream the songs into your ear as you play.

jayhawkai_card.pngjayhawkai_card.png

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Touche' ... Very well put. I enjoy playing at home as well after a long day at work. I am thinking of getting ceiling mounted camera's that point down at the playfields and display across a variety of monitors that can quickly switch (picture in picture) between sports and the game that's actually being played so that the 'Crowd' in the room can enjoy the gameplay........

The 'crowd' will consist of me and the wife,,,,, hmmm... and our dog. (that we don't have)... but we will soon get one so that it will be properly called a crowd... and we shall name that dog... hmmmm.... "TOTO"... yep, that's it, we will name the dog toto.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Did you meet any pinhead friends there? Or was Molly the only one you knew? Playing alone at a new location shouldn't necessarily be 'fun'. More of a scouting mission for later excursions. Especially at a big place like 82.

Quoted from snaroff:

I understand that not all public places have noise issues, but the successful locations usually do. In the mid/late 70's I worked @ an arcade (Nathan's in NY) and it was almost always noisy.

You've mentioned 82 and Nathan's. The vast majority of the locations out there aren't that big and aren't as loud as those places. Let's try to keep some perspective. What town do you live in?

Quoted from snaroff:

I get more excited by winning free games

Do you enjoy winning free games more on location, or by playing at home? That's what I thought. d

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Did you meet any pinhead friends there? Or was Molly the only one you knew? Playing alone at a new location shouldn't necessarily be 'fun'. More of a scouting mission for later excursions. Especially at a big place like 82.

You've mentioned 82 and Nathan's. The vast majority of the locations out there aren't that big and aren't as loud as those places. Let's try to keep some perspective. What town do you live in?

Do you enjoy winning free games more on location, or by playing at home? That's what I thought. d

I contacted a couple Pinsiders but they weren't up for the trip downtown. Tried taking my 19 year old son who was turned away because of their liquor license. Kind of odd, since I take my son to concerts around town that serve alcohol (and he just doesn't drink). Mostly played alone, but did introduce myself to a few hipsters and played a couple games of Metallica and TRON with them. They weren't very pin savvy, so they liked hearing some of the tricks/rules.

#116 9 years ago

I live in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida (a suburb of the West Palm Beach area). Pinball on location stinks here. Fortunately, we have an amazing group of collectors that belong to the FLiPs pinball league. We host monthly events and often have adhoc get togethers to play. Pretty competitive group.

#117 9 years ago

Here in Md I have not found many places with pins. Over the weekend I was at Terrace Lanes for Rock N Roll Bowl on Saturday night and they did have a Tron. Not in great shape.....I prefer to just go downstairs and play and listen to the jukebox. Plus, like other noted you can drink any alcoholic beverage you choose and the best part not have to drive.....I make it a point when drinking I am either doing it at my home so I can just crash or at the club where I keep my boat so all I have to worry about is staggering down the pier which still beats having to worry about being pulled over with all the possible ramifications....no thanks !!!

#118 9 years ago

My take on prices: If there are a steady stream of really great pins coming out that are $5k NIB, only a handful of A-listers will ever surpass that price.
    As many A-listers have crested towards that price, the B and C pins eek up too as people want some value pins. Locally I see prices on fun solid state games gaining a bit of momentum right now, as well Sega and DE DMDs.

I love a game like Addams Family or Twilight Zone, but if I had to choose between one of those, or a brand new Star Trek, I'd be hard pressed to shy away from the ST since it's new, solid, has tonnes of spare parts available, under warranty, etc.

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

Here in Md I have not found many places with pins. Over the weekend I was at Terrace Lanes for Rock N Roll Bowl on Saturday night and they did have a Tron. Not in great shape.....I prefer to just go downstairs and play and listen to the jukebox. Plus, like other noted you can drink any alcoholic beverage you choose and the best part not have to drive.....I make it a point when drinking I am either doing it at my home so I can just crash or at the club where I keep my boat so all I have to worry about is staggering down the pier which still beats having to worry about being pulled over with all the possible ramifications....no thanks !!!

Amen! Brother! F-that dwi shit

9 years later
    #120 9 months ago

The debate never ends

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-pinflation-peeked/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.