(Topic ID: 102249)

Has NAVL stopped shipping pins?

By ShootForSlrValue

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

034.jpg
    035.jpg
    033.jpg
    032.jpg
    011.jpg
    2014-09-02 17.15.11.jpg
    2014-09-02 17.28.00.jpg
    2014-09-02 17.18.56.jpg
    IMG_9474.JPG
    011.jpg
    010.jpg
    008.jpg
    007.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ashburton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

1. Maybe had a blanket on the way to the distribution center, but removed as the blanket belongs to the local truck.
    2. Forklift at distribution center then put the forks under the body and move the game to a transfer point for loading.
    3. The machine is loaded via forklift and may or may not receive a blanket. Game is packed among other loose items and items on a pallets.
    4. The machine is off-loaded at the destination distribution center via forklift and moved to transfer point for local delivery.
    5. Machine is loaded on local delivery truck via forklift.
    The only times a machine is man-handled is at originating shippers location loading on the truck and final destination delivery.
    If you want to keep blankets on the machine, best to buy them and wrap them on the machine yourself -- originating shipper.

This is not true, at least in my area. The guys who pick up my games wrap the game in blankets, then cellophane. Why wrap in cellophane if you just going to the distribution center? This, and I have seen pictures of the game as it arrived and it looked identical to as it left, well wrapped. Its on the seller to ensure things like this don't happen.

Treat the game as if it were being shipped to you, and I second the tipping of $20 or so.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ashburton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-navl-stopped-shipping-pins?tu=ashburton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.