(Topic ID: 181178)

Has high prices influenced your pin purchases?

By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

It comes down to Stern seeing that a few people were willing to pay flipper prices on an LE that sold out quickly. They decided to take that profit for themselves, and now EVERYBODY pays flipper prices to get the games directly.

And yes, it has influenced my game buying. Stern has decided that your buying 4 games Rai, is worth less to them than the profit of a single LE sale. They are capitalizing their market to generate the most profit. And only they know the formula to figure out if it will work out better in the long run. Personally I think it is stupid to piss off your good customers, but they think it is more profitable to do it that way.

(And yes, I think Stern loves pinball, and has been a great asset to the community. They just went a bit too far in the other direction. They will still have customers, just not as many because people like me require value from their money, and I can find better value elsewhere.)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-high-prices-influenced-your-pin-purchases?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.