Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BoJo
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0A26385C-D66D-492C-BB11-A225AA379CD1 (resized).png
    7FE0A4A1-D656-4A55-9653-EBD471D4E6B2 (resized).png
    download (2) (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I think I need a better accountant!

You big time need a better accountant!

1 week later
    #135 3 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

when filing taxes

My accountant filed my corporate taxes today(due March 15th), and I wrote the checks for that.

I used to be see-these on ebay, selling 1000 items a week for several years long ago. The name is still there, but it is my neighbor using it for his records the last few years(with the understanding it is my account, and I can take it back over if I ever want to mess with ebay again.

Since 2002 I have mainly sold on Amazon, not as many problems with customers, but Amazon gets to be more and more of a pain.

It was always night and day difference how the customers buying on Amazon were so much better.

In the past Amazon may have sent me emails about my 1099 is ready to print or something. I never messed with any of it, they automatically deposit into my business account anyway, so all that is already covered.

I can not even remember the last time I received a 1099, but I am sure I told my accountant that all that is already included on my spreadsheet of totals for the year.

If you don't use one already, get a book keeping record book that you fill out. takes me about 30 minutes a month, and I can give my accountant everything he needs for the year on 2 pieces of paper that I fax to him.

The end of the year total is just 30 minutes to have all my tax info ready, by doing it monthly all year.

And no way would I give ebay or Amazon my SS #, but my EIN #, no problem, that should be all they need since all the funds are going into a business account.

If you are not in business, and start getting 1099's, or think you may, go ahead and get one of those book keeping record books and start filling in all your costs, like internet, printer, printer ink, electricity, etc., to have plenty of deductions for your accountant to use.

I highly recommend not even trying to do your taxes yourself if you are reading this topic.

And don't even try H and R block or any of that franchise stuff.

You need a accountant that you can trust, that someone else in business can refer you to theirs because they like them.

I used a h and r block right before I incorporated, and when I did get a full time accountant he went back and got me a whole lot that they had missed.

The h and r and a lot of that is just seasonal workers.

If you are in business, even small and trying to fly under the radar, you will be amazed how much a accounting firm that works all year, not seasonal, will be able to help you. IF, you find the right one.

The firm I use is close to a hour drive each way from me, but I have only drove there maybe 6 times in 25+ years, just fax and email.

Anyway, I have not messed with ebay in years. With all this SS stuff, is there a place for a EIN instead?

Because if not, that is totally bs, no way should they have to have your SS if you have a EIN.

Anyway, from what I have read here it actually sounds good that ebay is getting away from paypal and doing direct deposit like Amazon always has.

Paypal sucks! They are not your pal.

And I have never been on facebook or any of that and I never will.

Hell, I guess I could start a new career as a consultant, to show anyone how easy it is to take care of your bookwork for taxes.

The last time I ever did go see my accountant there were still people bringing in several grocery bags of stuff for him to go through, while all my totals are on 2 pieces of paper. (used to be one piece, but he needs rental houses separate). He basically rolled his eyes and said that he really wished I could inspire his other clients to be as organized as I am.

I have tried to inspire others to be organized, but they don't get it and don't do it, then at the end of the year they are all stressed trying to get everything together, and it only takes me 30 minutes, and faxing 2 sheets of paper.

I wish everyone here the best!

This has been a fun topic to read!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-ebay-finally-done-itself-in-ss-amp1099-sellers?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.