Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BoJo
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0A26385C-D66D-492C-BB11-A225AA379CD1 (resized).png
    7FE0A4A1-D656-4A55-9653-EBD471D4E6B2 (resized).png
    download (2) (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago

I saw this and it looked to me they were trying to rake over paypal involvment. I didnt see anything about buyer protection so I said no way!
    Ebay is crooked when fhey started placing taxes on used items for sale. So we are paying taxes twice? The tyranny of it all, their ship is sinking. They keep trying to improve it every year and make it way too complicated. 10 years ago it was great!

#52 3 years ago

Is this change for all sellers?

#54 3 years ago

I think eBay will suffer

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from Percula:

I think eBay will suffer

Absolutely agree. I know several people personally that are jumping ship. My wife and I are heavily considering it as well.

The only things that I would consider still are very rare items that need a bigger audience. But even still, giving up that info and getting "double-taxed" goes against my principles. I flat out just don't think it's right.

#56 3 years ago

So if we get a 1099 for sales, how do we deduct our costs basis and expenses?

#57 3 years ago

Methos- it is a pretty normal thing to do on your taxes. Do you have an accountant? If not turbo tax or other software can walk you through it.

What is this double tax issue you guys are talking about?

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

So if we get a 1099 for sales, how do we deduct our costs basis and expenses?

You have to do that when you file your taxes. Ebay must be doing this because the government is insisting on it since some businesses must not be claiming their profits as income. The problem with the 1099 is that it will only list what money you have made through sales...it will not take into account what the item cost you or whether or not you made or lost money on it. Many people sell things on ebay at a loss because they are selling things they no longer want for less then they purchased it for. Sellers are going to have to keep detailed records to ensure they are only being taxed on their gains which is what this whole thing is about. The sales taxes are a result of legislation by congress to ensure states receive sales tax on items people purchase because they were not including spending money for items on their state taxes and the states knew it and want that revenue. This is a way to have sellers pay taxes on their capitol gains or income. These are normal taxes people have illegally ignored but could not easily be enforced to pay so now these mechanisms ensure the government gets its cut.

#59 3 years ago

Been on there since 97. I am not moving forward with any nonsense “bank account requirements”. I already have everything set up with PayPal... I’m not reorganizing things to set up an additional bank account...

Only way I am continuing to sell is if they continue to allow sellers to accept PayPal as payment.

I can’t wait until PayPal starts their own auction site and ebay disappears in 5 years!

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Been on there since 97. I am not moving forward with any nonsense “bank account requirements”. I already have everything set up with PayPal... I’m not reorganizing things to set up an additional bank account...
    Only way I am continuing to sell is if they allow sellers to accept PayPal as payment.
    I can’t wait until PayPal starts their own auction site and ebay disappears in 5 years!

Funny thing is ebay used to own paypal!

#61 3 years ago

We need more categories on pinside marketplace to help list items.
    For instance; boards and displays. I bought and sold on pinside marketplace this week and have been moving all things pinball and closely related to pinside for over a year. Another good category; gameroom decor.

#62 3 years ago

They should look at sites like Reverb and see how they work...

Pretty much everyone I know that deals guitars or buys and sells switched over the last few years from Ebay and other sites to Reverb.

prices and service are miles better.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

For instance; boards and displays. I bought and sold on pinside marketplace this week and have been moving all things pinball and closely related to pinside for over a year. Another good category; gameroom decor.

#63 3 years ago

I've been selling on Ebay for over 20 years. I never got this notice and all my listings are still there and I use PayPal. So far, nothing has changed for me....

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I've been selling on Ebay for over 20 years. I never got this notice and all my listings are still there and I use PayPal. So far, nothing has changed for me....

Right, they keep saying, “in 2021 the way you sell on ebay will change”. For now, it looks like empty threats. Nothing has changed for me either. I think ebay will choose one sweeping date to end PayPal as a way that sellers accept payment. That has not happened yet but the notice is “2021”. I will continue to sell until it changes. And, maybe PayPal for sellers will be gone forever.

Ebay knows they will lose a huge amount of sellers but, they had a good year in 2020 and my belief is that they don’t care if they lose 40% of their sellers this year. If they pull PayPal accounts from sellers, I honestly believe that this is what will happen. They may not care though. Bring on PayPal Auctions for me and sign me up!

Yes, I know all too well about the history of PayPal and ebay. If you want to know how to get around current so called “account restrictions” send me a PM. Only advice I have right now is do not sign up for the new “Ebay Payments”. If you do, you are complying with eBay’s bully tactics and it eliminates the benefit of having ebay linked to PayPal with a debit card.

#65 3 years ago

Thats going to be the end for Ebay, havent sold anything on there for years but still bought things quite regularly.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

my belief is that they don’t care if they lose 40% of their sellers this year

It's hard for me to believe ANY company wouldn't care about that....

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It's hard for me to believe ANY company wouldn't care about that....

Well wrong word choice... they care but my honest belief is that they are attempting to get 60-70% of the current users on “the new payment system” and then pull the rug out and hope they keep half of those that they pull the rug out from under. They are FAR away from accomplishing that and I honestly believe they will fail at That goal. But, at what point do they just say well, that’s good enough and do it anyway. If anyone on here has massive amounts of ebay stock, I would sell it before they take these sweeping actions. It would surprise me if their stock doesn’t drop by 20% or more in the next year.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Only way I am continuing to sell is if they continue to allow sellers to accept PayPal as payment.

You're confusing buying and selling. PayPal is still an accepted way to pay for buyers, nothing has changed. However as a seller, the money you receive goes into your Ebay managed balance instead of your PayPal account. By default, your Ebay balance is transferred to your bank daily, but you can change it to weekly. I'd prefer the transfer to be manual, or at least have a monthly option. A daily transfer is too much bookkeeping.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Methos- it is a pretty normal thing to do on your taxes. Do you have an accountant? If not turbo tax or other software can walk you through it.
    What is this double tax issue you guys are talking about?

I don't agree with double taxation either, but it's not specific to ebay. All businesses selling used goods deal with it. Buy a used car and you still pay sales tax even though the original owner already paid sales tax.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

You're confusing buying and selling. PayPal is still an accepted way to pay for buyers, nothing has changed. However as a seller, the money you receive goes into your Ebay managed balance instead of your PayPal account. By default, your Ebay balance is transferred to your bank daily, but you can change it to weekly. I'd prefer the transfer to be manual, or at least have a monthly option. A daily transfer is too much bookkeeping.

I understand how it works. I understand buyers can pay using PayPal. I understand that I can’t have my PayPal account linked to my ebay seller account. I did not state the PayPal requirement above correctly.

These changes are bad for me. The main reason is that I’m not shipping an item until the funds are cleared to my bank account.

This will add 2-4 days to the transaction and I refuse to sell items on ebay where the buyer will not get the item for at best, one week after they order. I spent over 20 years building my rep on there and I refuse to let these new requirements change my customers expectations and the way I operate. This has nothing to do with “taxes”. This along with SS# and taxes is just one more additional hoop to jump through. And, one that a lot of sellers will just refuse to bother with.

Just send me a PM if you have additional concerns or questions regarding ebay payments. I have done extensive research and you would be surprised what is considered a legitimate “bank account”.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I got my email notice about two days ago which I verified via the ebay website to make sure it was legit. It basically said I cannot start any new listings until I provided all the required info, my current listings would stay up until they expired but wouldn't auto-renew. Funny thing is this notice said it was the 'final notification', but I had never received any previous ones.

I'd also been getting a lot of requests over the past few months saying they were requiring more info for the items I had for sale, which really got annoying. Same threat with those too... update or the ads will disappear on the next auto-renewal.

Since I'd only been using it to sell surplus parts and other little things there's no loss for me. The extra couple bucks here and there were nice but losing ebay doesn't really hurt me at all.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

I got my email notice about two days ago which I verified via the ebay website to make sure it was legit. It basically said I cannot start any new listings until I provided all the required info, my current listings would stay up until they expired but wouldn't auto-renew. Funny thing is this notice said it was the 'final notification', but I had never received any previous ones.
    I'd also been getting a lot of requests over the past few months saying they were requiring more info for the items I had for sale, which really got annoying. Same threat with those too... update or the ads will disappear on the next auto-renewal.
    Since I'd only been using it to sell surplus parts and other little things there's no loss for me. The extra couple bucks here and there were nice but losing ebay doesn't really hurt me at all.

Exactly why I believe that they will lose a ton of sellers just like you and I. I think they just don’t care any more or, they were forced by the feds.

#73 3 years ago

I’ve had nothing but HORRIBLE experiences on eBay as a seller. There is NO Protection as a seller. I used sell baseball and football cards on there a a few months ago and can’t believe how bad it’s gotten. You can choose not to accept returns but it doesn’t matter because buyers can just say “the item didn’t match the description” and you’re SOL... I’ve had countless scammers swap out cards, tamper cards, etc. Most of they lonely dudes just want to see the card I person and if it isn’t in pristine condition they request a return. I call eBay and they always say there isn’t enough evidence to overturn the decision. So ALL of the risk of on the seller now. Why am I paying ridiculous fees if there is ZERO protection on the sellers part??

Ebay is a corrupt company that I will no longer be doing business with. I’ve been a member since 2001 but I’m done and they don’t care. There’s no way in heck that I’m giving them more of my private information, that’s insane.

#74 3 years ago
    download (2) (resized).jpegdownload (2) (resized).jpeg
    #75 3 years ago

I dont really care since I dont do a ton of ebay anymore anyways but paypal sucks ass...

If they get rid of paypal all the better but I am not giving them any more info.

I have heard tons of horror stories about paypal over the years

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Buyer's see no difference. As a seller, the money is collected by ebay instead of paypal. You have an ebay managed payment balance instead. Fees are automatically taken out of that balance during each transaction instead of you paying your ebay fees monthly.

I made the change as well, was fairly simple. I think now it forces the a buyer to actually pay when they win a buy it now auction which is nice. Previously someone could win a buy it now auction then just close the browser on the payment step since that required a separate trip to paypal to complete the auction. I've had many auctions ruined that way by non payers, then I'd have to wait the four days, dispute and relist the auction. Seems like now since ebay handles auction and payment they are finally requiring payment to actually end a buy it now auction which is really nice and so long overdue.

The change is fine by me. I've tried selling things on other places but at least in my case the simple reality is I always get far better money on ebay compared to anywhere else. Most other places like craigslist, letgo, etc have to me always been a colossal waste of time dealing with endless lowballers, I gave up on all of them.

#77 3 years ago

^^^This^^^ is probably the best idea I've heard in a while. Everyone on PinSide is vetted, so there is little issue with fraud. I know, I know, there have been a few ass clowns on here that screw people over but they're in the minority-certainly less than Ebay has. Keep things pinball/vintage arcade and moderate that. Charge a REASONABLE fee. I'd MUCH rather the $$ go to PinSide than to a corporate monster like Ebay/Paypal.
    Robin, please give this some thought....I think Ericpinballfan may be onto something here....

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Pretty much everyone I know that deals guitars or buys and sells switched over the last few years from Ebay and other sites to Reverb.

Reverb is really not a good portal for guitar sellers. Similar problems to ebay re. Returns. All protections seem to be for the Buyers only.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

. I’ve had countless scammers swap out cards, tamper cards, etc. Most of they lonely dudes just want to see the card I person and if it isn’t in pristine condition they request a return. I call eBay and they always say there isn’t enough evidence to overturn the decision. So ALL of the risk of on the seller now. Why am I paying ridiculous fees if there is ZERO protection on the sellers part??

Went through this with LPs. Same deal...eBay has 'nothing to do with Paypal. Until they want to raid your account for a bulshit return...

#80 3 years ago

I have been selling a lot of stuff lately. Clearing out some old stuff. Ebay keeps saying payment is going to change and I need to enter bank info to my account. They say I have until Feb 14. No mention how fees will change. Current fees sure add up.

#81 3 years ago

Does anyone know if this applies to sellers that are corporate entities? A corporate entity would have an EIN and thus a SS number would be inapplicable. It looks like Ebay's format inserts them (or Paypal) as the payee removing the buyer from the chain and therefore Ebay or Paypal has now paid a seller in excess of $600 in a given year triggering the issuance of a 1099 from the inserted payee. This is current law and is a direct result of Ebay getting involved in the transaction - unlike Craigslist for example. However, I know (I think I know) no one issues Wal Mart a 1099 when they pay more than $600 for a new set of tires so I'm guessing corporations are exempt from receiving 1099's. Correct me if I'm wrong. Either way the average seller will not deal with this and will gravitate to another method of selling. What a shame, Ebay was once great. Hope none of you are holding EBAY stock!!!

#82 3 years ago

Perhaps if enough of us ignore this ebay may realize this "requirement " to use their new system, will not work. Like others, I've used ebay forever, scares me deeply to give them my ss. Took one of my family over a year to clear up their identity theft and we all know, as large as ebay is, they will eventually be hacked, just a matter of time. Stinks!

#83 3 years ago

Ebay no longer wants the seller that's selling a couple of items a week/month. They want the large businesses that can absorb easily the buyers that pull the "item not as described" (i.e. scammer) complaints. This has been true for at least a decade and they just keep turning the screws to try and get the small sellers to leave.

#84 3 years ago

People still use eBay?

#85 3 years ago

eBay sucks!

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Reverb is really not a good portal for guitar sellers. Similar problems to ebay re. Returns. All protections seem to be for the Buyers only.

Not if you dont accept returns (which I dont)

unless something can be proven to be "not as listed" they cant return it.

Otherwise yah you are at the mercy of the dumbasses that want to try something out and return it for free.... I didnt like it isnt a reason to return.

#87 3 years ago

I've been with ebay since late 90's. Just tried to close my account, they said I can't because it's been suspended for not updating payment info. So I have to link my checking account in order to cancel? Lovely!

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I don't agree with double taxation either, but it's not specific to ebay. All businesses selling used goods deal with it. Buy a used car and you still pay sales tax even though the original owner already paid sales tax.

not in Nevada

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

Ebay no longer wants the seller that's selling a couple of items a week/month. They want the large businesses that can absorb easily the buyers that pull the "item not as described" (i.e. scammer) complaints. This has been true for at least a decade and they just keep turning the screws to try and get the small sellers to leave.

I stopped selling a few years back. The small amount of money you make after being scalped by Ebay doesn't even cover your time taking photos, uploading, proper packing, trips to the post office, etc.

I'm waiting for the Ebay killer to pop up and wipe them out but so far they seem to be still coasting along on inertia. Its clearly a buyers market there with Ebay boning the sellers harder by the day. Something has to give at some point.

#90 3 years ago

People have been predicting the end of ebay for over 15 years, from when they first made paypal mandatory (yes, just like they are doing with their post-paypal system), to when started hiding feedback and usernames, to implementing seller standards, to forcing communication through its abysmal message system, to charging fees inclusive of shipping, to consolidating (or expanding) categories, to forcing more item details... never mind the annual fee increases!

It's an extremely hostile, abusive relationship. But sellers put up with it because ebay's vast reach makes it a functional monopoly: if you want the biggest possible market exposure for your niche goods you don't waste time elsewhere, you sell on ebay. If you don't want to deal with ebay's bullshit, you can try handling crazies on Craigslist, flakes on Facebook, or nobody on Letgo. Otherwise you're left with your much smaller circle of personal contacts, or maybe a yard sale, flea market or peddler's mall. If you happen to be an expert on particular goods and belong to their dedicated communities, to can try there.

But in the end, if you're ebaying so much stuff that it becomes a primary source of income, if you were running any other business or alternate venue of that revenue scale you'd have all sorts of other / different expense besides... so, ebay's got you. Because in the end there is a layer of BS, risk, and opportunity cost no matter which avenue your pursue. And with its 20+ year start, ebay's reach and scale is never going to be matched by anyone else: several have tried and all have failed.

Never mind that Ebay positions itself as an Amazon competitor and has made no secret of this. Small-time yardsalers, collectible traders, and hobby parters are only as valuable as the latest trends as entire categories have come, gone, expanded, and collapsed. So whenever you see an ebay commercial, realize that Ebay is competing with Amazon for consumer revenue but YOU are the unpaid contractor fulfillment providing those goods to consumers. Every time you see banner ads on ebay's homepage promoting the latest hot fad or crazy deal, remember ebay itself is not sourcing, providing or selling a damn thing! Ebay is only running a very profitable front-end and payment processor interface in the guise of a storefront... it has outsourced all inventory, warehousing, shipping, fulfillment, service, and risk to its sellers: it's basically the totem of the "sidegig" economy that's effing up other industries and its shareholders love it for that.

All that said, for stuff I want rid of without Ebay's shitstream, there's Craigslist and Goodwill. But for most of the things I decide to sell, ebay is still the only place where doing so makes any sense. And it SUCKS! But I don't think anything else will ever be any better because other platforms don't - and won't ever - have the same potential reach for maximum value - even after all the fees and headaches are figured. And some of those fees do have a basis in reality and won't ever go away entirely.

The most peaceful solution long term, is to not have so much shit to be rid of in the first place...

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrofnoc:

I've been with ebay since late 90's. Just tried to close my account, they said I can't because it's been suspended for not updating payment info. So I have to link my checking account in order to cancel? Lovely!

Now that is a crock o poop!

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrofnoc:

Is that what that is?

I kept ignoring the email because I figured it was a scam.

#93 3 years ago

many people refer to the 20k and 200 transaction rule for the 1099-k to be issued. If you are lucky enough like I am you woke up to a 1099-k because I live in one of the greediest states in the nation. IL has a 3 transaction and 1k limit before you are issued a 1099. This is for any credit card merchant transacting charges for you. So ebay, paypal, cardmember service, etc. Illinois has really gone off the rails. In addition to this wonderful new change, our governor is now targeting any covid federal aid to be taxed as well.

I sell a bunch of random things on ebay that I have acquired over the years at some cost. Some things I lose money on and others I make money on. Sure I should know what I paid for these things but often times its difficult to track it down. This will kill off a lot of small type businesses but more importantly its going to kill the availability of many items I find online. If people are going to be taxed on everything than they are going to move to craigslist based transaction or facebook marketplace as an example. Even here on pinside, I accepted payment on a few machines via paypal and now they appeared on my 1099.

#94 3 years ago

PayPal sucks.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

People have been predicting the end of ebay for over 15 years, from when they first made paypal mandatory (yes, just like they are doing with their post-paypal system), to when started hiding feedback and usernames, to implementing seller standards, to forcing communication through its abysmal message system, to charging fees inclusive of shipping, to consolidating (or expanding) categories, to forcing more item details... never mind the annual fee increases!
    It's an extremely hostile, abusive relationship. But sellers put up with it because ebay's vast reach makes it a functional monopoly: if you want the biggest possible market exposure for your niche goods you don't waste time elsewhere, you sell on ebay. If you don't want to deal with ebay's bullshit, you can try handling crazies on Craigslist, flakes on Facebook, or nobody on Letgo. Otherwise you're left with your much smaller circle of personal contacts, or maybe a yard sale, flea market or peddler's mall. If you happen to be an expert on particular goods and belong to their dedicated communities, to can try there.
    But in the end, if you're ebaying so much stuff that it becomes a primary source of income, if you were running any other business or alternate venue of that revenue scale you'd have all sorts of other / different expense besides... so, ebay's got you. Because in the end there is a layer of BS, risk, and opportunity cost no matter which avenue your pursue. And with its 20+ year start, ebay's reach and scale is never going to be matched by anyone else: several have tried and all have failed.
    Never mind that Ebay positions itself as an Amazon competitor and has made no secret of this. Small-time yardsalers, collectible traders, and hobby parters are only as valuable as the latest trends as entire categories have come, gone, expanded, and collapsed. So whenever you see an ebay commercial, realize that Ebay is competing with Amazon for consumer revenue but YOU are the unpaid contractor fulfillment providing those goods to consumers. Every time you see banner ads on ebay's homepage promoting the latest hot fad or crazy deal, remember ebay itself is not sourcing, providing or selling a damn thing! Ebay is only running a very profitable front-end and payment processor interface in the guise of a storefront... it has outsourced all inventory, warehousing, shipping, fulfillment, service, and risk to its sellers: it's basically the totem of the "sidegig" economy that's effing up other industries and its shareholders love it for that.
    All that said, for stuff I want rid of without Ebay's shitstream, there's Craigslist and Goodwill. But for most of the things I decide to sell, ebay is still the only place where doing so makes any sense. And it SUCKS! But I don't think anything else will ever be any better because other platforms don't - and won't ever - have the same potential reach for maximum value - even after all the fees and headaches are figured. And some of those fees do have a basis in reality and won't ever go away entirely.
    The most peaceful solution long term, is to not have so much shit to be rid of in the first place...

As a seller, Ebay is dead to me. At one time I rolled over several grand a year. Now Ebay gets nothing due to their greed.

#96 3 years ago

As I stated, I'm not a big fan of the changes but its also worth considering that paypal itself is (and has been) dying. Less and less people use paypal these days and have started using things like cashapp and venmo instead. Paypal is considered by many to be for boomers.

#97 3 years ago

Paypal been down on pinside all weekend.
    Am I the only one to notice?
    Right now it cost me a sale and donation to pinside.
    Buyer didn't have Stripe.
    I don't have Stripe.
    Just when I thought of moving more items to pinside marketplace.

#98 3 years ago

Buyer didn't have Stripe.

I think you misunderstand what Stripe is. They are nothing more than a (credit card) payments processor. So if your buyer has a credit card, they can use Stripe.

What's more, Stripe also allows me to implement country specific payment methods. For example, here in the Netherlands most folks don't use credit cards. We use our bank cards with a system called "Ideal". The good news is that Stripe will allow me to implement this system so that Dutch people can also purchase stuff on Pinside. And this also goes for other localised payment systems in Germany, Belgium and many other countries.

I don't have Stripe.

True. As a shop keeper you will probably need to set up an account with them. But it takes no more than 15-20 minutes. Just like you once had to set up your Paypal account, probably decades ago

Quoted from vid1900:

PayPal sucks.

That's a fairly accurate summary, Vid.

I've been having a lot of technical issues with Paypal payments on Pinside in the past months. Heck, years when I think about it. Payments that fail without any specified reason. Tech support is near non-existent. Their backend lacks any kind of serious tools to debug errors. Their platform is slow, ridiculously outdated and their APIs are, frankly, one big mess.

Earlier this month, all of a sudden, payments in Pinside Shops stopped passing along address info. So I contacted their tech support once again. Sent them a bunch of info. Got back a silly reply. So I sent them more data. Request logs, response logs. That's nearly a week ago and I'm still waiting for a response. Meanwhile, some shop owners are pulling their hair out as their workflows rely on that address info.

What a mess.

#99 3 years ago

Last year, when the pandemic started, I tried out Mercari. Worth checking out as an alternative to Ebay. I’ve sold over 200 items on there problem-free(knock on wood) and as long as you’re not near that 200/20k threshold, they don’t require your social. I sell anything that I’d consider tag sale worthy on there or that isn’t of high value until you build up some feedback. If anyone wants a referral link, message me.

I still use eBay over 3k feedback since 2001 but for things I need more exposure for and that I’d consider more valuable. The 20k/200 nowadays is kind of a joke because you can reach 5k of that in taxes and shipping costs collected. That was all created when the Patriot Act was passed.

Amazon still reigns as the best site for resale if you were buying solely to resell items because of the crazy exposure you get from them vs ebay, mercari, etc. you’ll generally get 50%-100% more, even after fees, than you would on those sites. The only thing I’ve noticed is that they’re making it harder to sell in specific categories if you haven’t already been.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Is that what that is?
    I kept ignoring the email because I figured it was a scam.

I thought the email was a scam also so didn't click link. Went into ebay and couldn't find anything about it, but so many people saying it was true coupled with they charged 10% for my last transaction of $7500, I was kinda done anyway. So tried to close account and that's what they said. Not sure what to do but wait it out as I'm not linking my checking account.

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-ebay-finally-done-itself-in-ss-amp1099-sellers/page/2?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.