5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rewdood
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I am looking into buying a Rescue 911 machine but would need it shipped. The seller wants to use Uship, but I have never heard of this service and cannot find much info.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rewdood:

I am looking into buying a Rescue 911 machine but would need it shipped. The seller wants to use Uship, but I have never heard of this service and cannot find much info.

I think they made a show about that shipping firm. The shippers bid on the shipment and whomever is the lowest wins or something? My guess is it would be a crap shoot depending who picked up game but that is only a guess.

#3 5 years ago

Isn't it sorta like eBay for shippers bidding on loads? Anyway, here's the link to (sorta) explain it better

https://learn.uship.com/shippers/

#4 5 years ago

I prefer using uship when shipping pins. Only one single driver so no shipping depots, multible trucks, forklifts, or hamfisted monkeys banging your game around. It's usually alot cheaper also. Start your bid a little low, people will reach out to you with their own price and you can negotiate from there.

#5 5 years ago

I tried to use it once and I couldn't get a competitive price. But I'm sure location played into this.

#6 5 years ago

I used it once to ship a Indy Pinball Adventure from Dallas, Tx to Albuquerque. The delivery person was supposed to pick up another load to bring west along with my pin and waited for the 2nd load to make it profitable for him but he didn't pick up the other load after waited around another day. He lost money just delivering just my pin and I felt sorry for him so gave him a big tip to help with the gas. Pin was wrapped but put in the back of an empty truck bed. Pin was fine but I think it is a little dicey to use Uship and probably won't do it again. I like using Fastenal now instead but have to be palletized and in a crate to insure but cost around 200 to ship.

#7 5 years ago

I've used Uship 4 times, and just booked my 5th today. Almost every time it has been roughly 50% off from what STI/NAVL has quoted me. It has multiple options for you as far as services provided by the shipper, and also you can give a much broader sense of pick up and delivery times which helps with pricing. This last game I said could be picked up anytime after last monday, and I just want it delivered by December. It is getting picked up tomorrow morning and delivered to me Monday afternoon. Not bad for a 2000 mile transportation at roughly $275 total. The shippers also have reviews just like ebay sellers do, and they can offer extra insurance. This game being rare I did pay up for the extra insurance just to sleep a bit better.

#8 5 years ago

Tried to use it once and only got one quote, and it was crazy high, like 5x using a usual shipping company.

#9 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies everyone

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-used-uship and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.