14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by juleshoddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider juleshoddy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 14 years ago

Future pinball, and VP, both got the pinball bug into me. Initially i was gonna build a homebrew cabinet to play both programs. It never happened, and i ended up "just buying one machine, only the one!", now i have four machines It's tough to go back to the software as i love the the real thing. I still try out the new tables though. Road Girls on FP is my absolute fave. I'd love to see that design turned into a real machine.

I love FP's graphics and the editor, but do find VP physics play better. For old EM table FP looks amazing. You do need a pretty good graphics card and PC -8800GT or something to get the best out of FP.

#9 14 years ago

VP is easy, once you work it out. you just have to download the correct mame rom files from ipdb.org and place the rom in the "roms" folder of the VP program (always leave roms as a zip file). when you click the file of the table you want to play the program looks in the "roms" file for the correct sound and dmd rom. if you dont have the right roms VP normally spits out load error.

FP is easier to work out as most of the tables contain all the information within the game file. Not all though.

basically, you've got a get a bit geeky. Reading the VP and FP "readme" files helps too!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider juleshoddy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-tried-that-future-pinball?tu=juleshoddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.