(Topic ID: 119900)

Has anyone seen this on a Champion Pub before?

By Off2War

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Off2War
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2987.jpg
CP.jpg
079.JPG
001.JPG
077.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Hi guys,

I just acquired a Champion Pub pinball which is in exceptional condition. However i noticed on the top right of the playfield it has two addition playfield holes which i have not come across on another CP before. I also noticed that the small guide rail to the right, and the one of the top left (which can be seen in the photos) are both missing the " black circle" which goes around all post and fixations on the playfield.

Has anyone else ever come across the two additional holes on a CP before or have them on their machine. Could it be possible that this is a very first playfield which had flaws on it which were later corrected or is it a repro of some sort? The playfield is stamped Oconto Falls WI 54154 if that means anything and seems to have either a signature or a scribble on the underside of the playfield with the number 121 which im happy to upload a photo if needed.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

077.JPG077.JPG 001.JPG001.JPG 079.JPG079.JPG
#2 9 years ago

I will check mine tomorrow and let u know.

#3 9 years ago

Not on ours.

But yours does look original, so maybe an early or late run?

#4 9 years ago

Mine is dated 01/22/1998

So it would be interesting to see if others have this on their playfield or have seen this and what date theirs was made to confirm if this was something that was done early/late or around the same time in the production run

#5 9 years ago

Mine has also the 2 holes ....

CP.jpgCP.jpg
#6 9 years ago

Bump. Anyone else have these holes??

#7 9 years ago

Not knowing CP real well...

Are those for the danger zone gate that was removed from games before production?

#8 9 years ago

It might be from some posts that were decided to be removed for production. The NOS playfield doesn't have the holes on it, and neither does the one in my game. Not sure of the production date of my CP, but I can check tonight. This area is not where the "danger zone" switch is located.

#9 9 years ago

No extra holes on my CP playfield.
~Steveo

1 week later
#10 9 years ago

No extra holes in a Champion Pub I worked on today.....

IMG_2987.jpgIMG_2987.jpg

5 months later
#11 8 years ago

Bump, still looking for info as to why some of these play fields have the additional holes and others do not

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Stratford, CT
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-seen-this-on-a-champion-pub-before and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.