New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 234328)

Has anyone reworked Judge Dredd gameplay

By newtoit

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gstellenberg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JD - rules.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yellowghost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago

I love the game but I agree. Needs new code. A few shots are usefull in a mode. Combo multipliers would be awesome.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

If I still had a JD, it'd be a no-brainer for me to run the new code. I like it better than the original rules. The media pack also has new sound effects, music, and dots (developed mostly by volunteers in the community... both professionals and hobbyists). It doesn't rival a commercial game release in terms of polish (dots probably need the most work), but it's a fun playing game.
The main thing holding it back is that it isn't a complete plug-and-play product. If you have the knowledge to put it together yourself, you'd need a WPC P-ROC (https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/p-roc/), some sort of mini-computer, and a connection from the computer to your WPC audio board (or separate/external speakers). To be make the offering more compete, it also could use a game-selector menu at bootup to choose between the original code via pinmame or the new/custom code, just like how BoP2 allows a similar choice at startup. Implementing that menu wouldn't be more than a days worth of work for a programmer, but it's something that isn't already done for JD. If somebody took over the logistics side of this, I imagine they'd sell a complete kit for $800-$1000. If you did it yourself, you could probably get it done for about $500.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Is there a file describing the changes made?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yellowghost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside