(Topic ID: 24393)

Has anyone received their new PINBALL magazine yet???

By Gnatty

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spfx_10_front_back.jpg
    Pinball_Magazine_new_A6_flyer.jpg
    thumbs_up.gif
    20120912_184331.jpg
    3_predator_rage.gif
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I just checked and you were in the first batch. I know of more people in IL still waiting for their copies. Have no clue why some states are faster (or slower, depending on how you look at it) than others.
    The refund on overpaid postal costs is no rumor. I just haven't been invoiced yet, so I can't calculate what the actual postal costs per region are. I've been informed the postal company is invoicing once a month, so I just wait for the invoice, do the math and start refunding.
    For those who are interested in the magazine: the second batch will ship this Tuesday. Who orders now is still in that second batch.
    Jonathan
    Pinball Magazine

Cool, thanks. I signed on for the price posted, so the fact that you are willing to issue a refund is top notch. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for the confirm.

Aaron

#102 11 years ago

Goonie, I'm in Maryland and mag-less too. Seems those in the surrounding areas have received them. Keeping my fingers crossed it shows up here tomorrow.

#103 11 years ago

Jonathan, I can't imagine you going through hundreds of orders to refund a little bit of the postage. That is crazy! I personally wouldn't be offended if you left it as "postage refunds on request", and then make sure issue 2 is charging appropriately based on what you've learned is the actual postage.

I'd personally rather have you invest your time into issue 2. But I can only speak for myself.

Best of luck with everything.

Chris

#104 11 years ago

Frolic: Thanks for your input. I didn't make the magazine to make a 'profit' on overpaid postal costs. I promised a refund in case of overpaid postal costs and my plan is to stick with that. Another alternative that was suggested was working with a discount coupon on a next purchase. If that were offered to me I would no be too pleased with such a construction. So that's why I didn't go in that direction, but other people may actually prefer that. If people would prefer such a construction over a refund, it can still be considered. The only upside I can think of is that PayPal doesn't get to charge the refunds, so the next issue will end up being 'cheaper'.

#105 11 years ago

I thought I was in the first batch. I ordered well over a month ago. No mag yet, maybe tomorrow.

#106 11 years ago

Strange delivery patterns! I have mine in Texas, yet Pinsiders who are over 1,000 miles east of me do not.

#107 11 years ago

So far I've read half the mag. It is FANTASTIC! Great job, J! Postage refund for me? Please keep it!...Get to work on #2!

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

#108 11 years ago

Love the magazine! How about allowing us to donate our refund to Pinside?

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

How about allowing us to donate our refund to Pinside?

Nice suggestion. Seems to me the easiest way is to send an email to those who are entitled to a refund and give them 3 options: refund / discount on next issue / donate to Pinside. I just wonder how many will actually respond to such an email.

But let's not get ahead of things. First let's see what the actual shipping costs were and do the math.

#110 11 years ago

Received mine last week in Australia. I have to say it is mighty impressive and will take a lot to stay with the superb quality and content. Full marks to the publisher.

Well worth buying IMO - I'm sure every pinhead will get something from it.

#111 11 years ago

As I'm about to ship the second batch (and if you hurry and order now, you can still be in that batch) I contacted the shipping company about some copies still not arriving. They'll look into it. I know of one occasion where the receiver went to his local postoffice to ask about it and it turned out to be there. Haven't got a clue why they didn't deliver it. In the mean time I can only hope the few remaining copies get delivered today / this week.

#112 11 years ago

Read a good chunk of it yesterday. I enjoyed Roger's thoughts about making money in pinball. I'd like to see more of that in the future if possible. I'm not an operator, but the more in the wild the better for everyone, and as someone who runs their own business I like to read about others' businesses.

Chris

#113 11 years ago

Yea, I got mine in the mail today! It was slightly damaged in the mail, but still readable. I'm looking forward to reading it.

#114 11 years ago

Got mine today.

#115 11 years ago

It hath arrived! All in good shape here. I must read now....

#116 11 years ago

Still waiting in NorCal.

#117 11 years ago

Sorry to read about the damage, but I'm glad they finally arrived

#118 11 years ago

got mine last week and its AWESOME. very well done, thank you for all your effort!

#119 11 years ago

got mine

#120 11 years ago

Mine arrived in northern Illinois today...

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Yeah, to ship overseas your gonna need a thicker piece of cardboard in there.

#122 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

'

Hey mate, just wondering how long it will take to get to Australia??

#123 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Hey mate, just wondering how long it will take to get to Australia??

From a post in this topic I understood Homepin got their copy last week. That was in batch 1 which shipped out August 28. So, I'd say 2-3 weeks.

#124 11 years ago

Ok nice, looking forward to it. How many issues you think will come out each year if things go well???

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Ok nice, looking forward to it. How many issues you think will come out each year if things go well???

I'm hoping to do 2-3 a year. It obviously takes time. Not just on my side, but also from those who feature in the magazine.

#126 11 years ago

While copies from the first batch are still arriving, the second batch just shipped out Any orders coming in will go in batch 3 which will most likely ship in a few weeks.

#127 11 years ago

Not completely on topic, but still related: check out the new, smaller, 10-page flyers that came in this afternoon. With a little bit of luck coming to a pinball show near you soon

Pinball_Magazine_new_A6_flyer.jpgPinball_Magazine_new_A6_flyer.jpg

#128 11 years ago

Nice! Hey Jonathan, I'll have to send you copies of my mag!

spfx_10_front_back.jpgspfx_10_front_back.jpg

#129 11 years ago

If issue 2 never finishes it's because I'm having nightmares all the time

#130 11 years ago

Hah! Another big interview planned for Issue #2?

#131 11 years ago

Get to the Old Timers first before Jack and Gary.

#132 11 years ago

I will be shipping a small extra batch of Pinball Magazines within an hour or 2. Those who have been thinking of ordering: if you hurry, you can still be in that batch. Overpaid postal costs will still be refunded (once the actual costs are known).

Jonathan
    Pinball Magazine
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Not completely on topic, but still related: check out the new, smaller, 10-page flyers that came in this afternoon. With a little bit of luck coming to a pinball show near you soon

The flyers and magazine were very well received at my recent anniversary party.

Great job on the magazine !

LTG

#134 11 years ago

Just finished reading the last bit of issue #1. Excellent work my friend. I read every word in there...which is a-typical of me. I always skip around.

I found the magazine to be well layed out, and I think you did a great job in the Q and A. Good questions, and good organization. Kept my interest - the answers didn't seem too long or boring. At least not to me.

Now where the h$ll is issue #2! Just kidding.

Aaron

#135 11 years ago

I picked one up at PPE. I think there are some left over so if you're in the Bay Area you can probably get one at PPM. I would call in advance to verify they still have some left.

1 week later
    #136 11 years ago

Since the postal costs have been brought up several times in this topic:
    As I finally have been invoiced for the postal costs I calculated any overpaid costs and have made a start with refunding these. Those who ordered a copy will receive an email later this week with more details regarding these refunds. The postal rates will also be adjusted in the Pinball Magazine webshop.

#137 11 years ago

Will we be able to donate our refund to Pinside?

#138 11 years ago

Your money, you can do whatever you want with it I'm sure.

#139 11 years ago

if you PM me the name under which you ordered I can see if your refund hasn't been processed yet.

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Since the postal costs have been brought up several times in this topic:
    As I finally have been invoiced for the postal costs I calculated any overpaid costs and have made a start with refunding these. Those who ordered a copy will receive an email later this week with more details regarding these refunds. The postal rates will also be adjusted in the Pinball Magazine webshop.

Cool....I just ordered mine last week.

#141 11 years ago

Ok...ok...what's IN and when can we expect issue #2 ??

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Ok...ok...what's IN and when can we expect issue #2 ??

Well, unless things really speed up, I wouldn't count on issue #2 being finished this year. But then again, who knows how Expo will turn out and things get shifted up a gear or two

#143 11 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

if you PM me the name under which you ordered I can see if your refund hasn't been processed yet.

That's OK, I can just let the refund go through and I'll donate it after it arrives. It's simpler that way.

#144 11 years ago

For those who were held back due to the postal costs: these have been adjusted in the Pinball Magazine webshop to their actual rates As mentioned before: any overpaid postal costs will be refunded.

While it seems copies from batch 2 and 3 are still on their way, I'm planning to ship out another batch tomorrow (tuesday 15th). Orders coming in today will still be in that batch.

On a slightly related note: As I'm attending Pinball Expo (October 17th-21st), I plan to blog on a daily basis about the event on www.pinball-magazine.com. I don't think the reports will end up in Pinball Magazine, but it could be fun to read how I experience the whole thing

Cheers!

Jonathan
    www.pinball-magazine.com

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-received-their-new-pinball-magazine-yet/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.