(Topic ID: 325967)

Has anyone put Nvram in Inder Games before?

By CaptainNeo

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png
bueller (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Finally got my Moon light working 100% now. So I decided to try and put NVram in it. Uses 6116 ram, and socketed. So would be easy to do right? Wrong. Put it in, and won't boot fully. Just clicks away with one light on.
Has anyone successfully put 6116 NV ram in an Inder game? if So, was there any modifications needed? I know spanish games are sensitive to speeds of chips a lot of the time. I've run into problems, where compatible chips are suppose to work but don't, and need the correct LS style chip.

The chip enable circuitry for a FM16W08 NVRAMs needs to toggle the /CE for every cycle. The /CE is not grounded so that is a good start. If you want to screw around with it, and me without much thought into it, I would probably lift Pin 1 or pin 2 of the 74HC00 and inject the CLK, /RD or /WR there. Might be all you need to get the FM16W08 working.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so that's why the 6116 Anypin NVram won't work?

probably so. i think they are enabling the ram like gtb system 3 which does not work with fm16w08 based NVRAMs. In gottlieb system 3 I think it was mixing in the CLK2 into a HC00 got it running with fm16w08. I don't know if its worth trying to hack on a rare board. Maybe use chip socket stacks with bent out legs so you can easily go back to the stock setup.

I've been fooling around with SRAM + super cap on a module board since FM16W08 core chip is still expensive/hard to get. You get a couple months of backup time in most cases and would drop into a board like this and others that don't place nice with FM16W08 directly. Not sure if its really viable solution though. I suppose it would be nice to replace obsolete 5101s with a still in production chip.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-put-nvram-in-inder-games-before?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.