(Topic ID: 27384)

Has anyone preordered the Transformers Pin Home Edition?

By Mudflaps

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sturner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gorilla_Poo.gif
    sternpin6.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

well.....when I was over picking up the Avengers playfield, George gave me an inside look into the production of the game and I got to play a bunch in their testing room. Overall the game is really well made and is using all real pinball parts, flippers, etc. A lot of time and engineering effort has gone into this smaller design. Fit and finish was perfect. It was strange playing a new game with digits, but certainly kids and families will get the pinball jive. I think they did a real good job and hopefully will sell enough to keep making lower cost pinball machines. Jpop

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

I think they did a real good job and hopefully will sell enough to keep making lower cost pinball machines. Jpop

That's an encouraging review, but, I hope they sell ALMOST enough so they realize the need to make LOWER cost pinball machines.

#53 11 years ago

I support anything that expands the market to this hobby that we all enjoy. A 'home' edition machine may not be on my wish list but I hope the concept succeeds in broadening the market some.

#54 11 years ago

$4000 MSRP? Please

#55 11 years ago

If this pin was $500 I might be interested. $4000 is hilarious.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

$4000 MSRP? Please

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If this pin was $500 I might be interested. $4000 is hilarious.

No one's selling it for $4000. It's $3000. The $4000 is an arbitrary price made up by Amazon to make it look like you're getting a deal. They do this all the time. The Pin was designed by Stern to be a $3000 item.

If you want to debate that the Pin is overpriced, let's debate the real selling price.

#57 11 years ago

Only a few people have actually played it though, we are all basing this off of seeing pictures and what we "think" it is worth vs a full machine.

Just based on what I see, ya I say it is a $1k pin. I'd be curious what cost is. And like it was brought up in another thread, this machine is not geared to any pin enthusiast. It is a home only pin for people who are not pin heads...sooo bitch away but it won't solve anything.

#58 11 years ago

I could see this even being a $1500 Pin. You want it to have some financial heft...some weight that says this isn't a toy. I just think $3000 is too much. Other than that, I have no problems with the Pin or it's design.

#59 11 years ago

For $1500 I'd think about getting it for my kids because I know they'd love it.

$3k = no way.

#60 11 years ago

The reviews on Amazon seem fishy. This seems the only place to buy them and only 2 have been verified as a purchase. I would only trust reviews from those that have a verified purchase.

I actually don't think the idea of this is bad. A cheaper,home version that can be shipped via UPS. Imagine what being able to ship games around the country for a more affordable price would do for things. But I think they went about the implementation all wrong. First, it looks incredibly cheap. Simply changing the red border on the cabinet to black or a silver would make the thing look more expensive. People aren't buying shiny red hardware with 90's style artwork on the side. Look at what Apple, Microsoft, Sony and other companies are doing with the looks of their hardware. Everything is sleek, modern, and even simplistic in their outward design.

And if they are trying to go after kids, the theme is horrible. I don't know of any kids who are into the old Transformers. Go with an Angry Birds theme or something that will cater toward today's kids. Heck, I don't even think theme is that important to kids in today's era where there is a new game app taking over every week. So save a few bucks on that and go custom.

I of course hope Stern is successful because I think it's good to have as many companies around as possible. And I can even see justifying the price if you factor in shipping. But it's tough to sell a $3000 pinball machine that looks like it's $1000. It's 2012 and image matters in these things. No parent wants this machine in their family room. Focus on tightening up the looks and making it more modern and I believe it will change people's perceptions rather quickly. Drop the crazy colors and cheesy artwork, look at the hardware that is selling and make your design more in line with what they are doing.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-preordered-the-transformers-pin-home-edition/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.