(Topic ID: 118799)

Has anyone owned a NOS D.E. Batman playfield?

By Schusler

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat-riding-a-fire-breathing-unicorn-16414-1280x800.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Or still have one?

Curious if some of these actually still exist!

#2 9 years ago

I think you will see this before you will see a nice NOS batman Playfield....

cat-riding-a-fire-breathing-unicorn-16414-1280x800.jpgcat-riding-a-fire-breathing-unicorn-16414-1280x800.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Yeah, I gave up on trying to find one and am in the process of making my own Working on the printing part now. I wanted it printed on one sheet vs having to do two separate ones. Finding someone that can print white is more challenging than you would think. I may give up and get one printed on clear and try to mask and paint the white first but I have a helper overseas that thinks he has a resource that can do it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-de-pf

There was a nice one on e-bay about a year ago now. I bid on it and a day later it was pulled off. A pinsider wound up buying it outside of E-bay.

#4 9 years ago

Tim, that's good!

I'm just putting 'feelers' out there to help get Stu this project off the ground!

#5 9 years ago

One thing I'm also worried about is previous owners who have an immaculate playfield installed on their machine and unloading to that non-pinhead. Which in return is not aware of issues with this playfield.:/

#6 9 years ago

Stu's waiting....When you find one let me know

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

One thing I'm also worried about is previous owners who have an immaculate playfield installed on their machine and unloading to that non-pinhead. Which in return is not aware of issues with this playfield.:/

What specific issues? Was it printed poorly?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

What specific issues? Was it printed poorly?

DE was experimenting with "Stealth Coat" on this title. To say "it didn't go so well" would be putting it very nicely.

#9 9 years ago

Tim, I can't recall but was the playfield in yours cleared?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Tim, I can't recall but was the playfield in yours cleared?

Well, it was "stealth coated" but had a full sheet of factory mylar over it. There was no way I was pulling that mylar, you could see all the paint underneath ready to come up with it. That stealth coat was peeling/planking pretty badly.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah, I gave up on trying to find one and am in the process of making my own Working on the printing part now. I wanted it printed on one sheet vs having to do two separate ones. Finding someone that can print white is more challenging than you would think. I may give up and get one printed on clear and try to mask and paint the white first but I have a helper overseas that thinks he has a resource that can do it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-de-pf
There was a nice one on e-bay about a year ago now. I bid on it and a day later it was pulled off. A pinsider wound up buying it outside of E-bay.

That one on Ebay you're referring too.... If it's the same one that I'm thinking it was. I contacted that guy about that one as well. Believe it or not, it was going to be used in a playfield lightbox display and NOT in a machine.

I tried to throw some $'s for it but he was not budging....I think he said it would be going to one of his buddies. I assume this buddy was a huge Batman fan.

That was a nice one too

I''ll say this... If I do run across a NOS one (slim) or a nice one. This will go to Stu to do his thing.

It's unfortunate a lot of these are blown, there is some beautiful artwork on the playfield.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Well, it was "stealth coated" but had a full sheet of factory mylar over it. There was no way I was pulling that mylar, you could see all the paint underneath ready to come up with it. That stealth coat was peeling/planking pretty badly.

Someone had Batman on Craigslist in St. Charles, Il. a few years back.

That thing was nice, and the playfield was cleared on that one.

Did anybody here grab that one?

#13 9 years ago

I talked to the guy that bought that e-bay PF. I don't recall his user name though. He said it was going into a game after being touched up and cleared. Felt better know it was going to be used. May be different people though.

i learned my less on though. If you want something on E-bay, don't follow the policies or rules. Just bypass them so you don't get short ended in the chance of getting what you wanted not blaming the buyer at all as I'd do the same today. Just kind of sucks since an bid on something is supposed to be a binding agreement (no reserve was present).

#14 9 years ago

I had a near perfect example of this pin, best PF for this machine I have seen anywhere. I sold it to my friend who still has it.

#15 9 years ago

I would say the best chance to find a Source Material pf for this title will be at the shows. I suspect that one will show up at any number of the shows by someone that has playfields to sell but does not frequent the forums, and believe me, there are a lot of those guys out there.

#16 9 years ago

I look at every one I go to. If I find one I'll send it your way for sure. Then I'll have you ship it to Kruzman when your done to have it properly cleared.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think you will see this before you will see a nice NOS batman Playfield....

cat-riding-a-fire-breathing-unic... 123 KB

I just saw that yesterday when I was driving out in the country on my route. I think they had a NOS field FS out there too.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I talked to the guy that bought that e-bay PF. I don't recall his user name though. He said it was going into a game after being touched up and cleared. Felt better know it was going to be used. May be different people though.
i learned my less on though. If you want something on E-bay, don't follow the policies or rules. Just bypass them so you don't get short ended in the chance of getting what you wanted not blaming the buyer at all as I'd do the same today. Just kind of sucks since an bid on something is supposed to be a binding agreement (no reserve was present).

That sounds like a different one than I was thinking then.

Same thing though... Auction was pulled early.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I had a near perfect example of this pin, best PF for this machine I have seen anywhere. I sold it to my friend who still has it.

I sure hope your friend is aware of the delicacy of this playfield.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just saw that yesterday when I was driving out in the country on my route. I think they had a NOS field FS out there too.

Was there a buyer for your collection out there as well?

#21 9 years ago

yes, me and the cat are currently in negotiations.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, me and the cat are currently in negotiations.

lol sounds about right

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-owned-a-nos-de-batman-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.