(Topic ID: 283769)

Has anyone modified the Playboy 35th firmware?

By ChuckR

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ceckitti
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C817C2CB-CBEC-4731-890E-54D63B984EA1 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I recently got a Playboy 35th Anniversary machine up and running, its fun to play except for how long it takes to award the bonus points. Am I the only one that this infuriates? Seriously, what the heck were they thinking? It kills my desire to play what otherwise is a fun game. I'm hoping someone has hacked the code and taken out the wait states for awarding the bonus points. Anyone?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from ChuckR:

I recently got a Playboy 35th Anniversary machine up and running, its fun to play except for how long it takes to award the bonus points. Am I the only one that this infuriates? Seriously, what the heck were they thinking? It kills my desire to play what otherwise is a fun game. I'm hoping someone has hacked the code and taken out the wait states for awarding the bonus points. Anyone?

What version do you have? Ive never noticed mine taking an odd amount of time to count up the bonus.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

What version do you have? Ive never noticed mine taking an odd amount of time to count up the bonus.

I have version 2.4, I downloaded it from IPDB.org. Perhaps your just more patient than me. When it shows you the math for each multiplier it seems like forever to me. I would just do it once ie... 4 X 23,000 = 92,000 add it to the total and move on. Instead it shows 2X 23000, leaves it for a while then 3X 23000 leaves it for a while then 4X 23000 leaves it for a while. Is all of that really necessary? Is there a setting perhaps that I missed that would speed this up? I guess I should time it. What version do you have?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from ChuckR:

I have version 2.4, What version do you have?

C817C2CB-CBEC-4731-890E-54D63B984EA1 (resized).jpegC817C2CB-CBEC-4731-890E-54D63B984EA1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-modified-the-playboy-35th-firmware and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.