(Topic ID: 120097)

Has anyone made a family friendly TWD translite?

By Willathrilla

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5807.JPG
the-walking-dead-season-1-dvd-cover.jpg
357816[1].jpg
image.jpg
also family friendly.png
family friendly.png
#1 9 years ago

I don't let the kids play the TWD pin but the translite is always visible. Anybody making a zombie free translite? I'd rather not have to keep it under a blanket.

#2 9 years ago

If TWD is the only machine with a blanket over it, doesn't that make it that much more of a point of curiosity for the kids? (What age, by the way?)
Maybe you can find a local plexiglass fabricator to make a translucent overlay and block the whole thing if you think it's really that disturbing.

#3 9 years ago

I find your Ween avatar amusing given the subject of this thread.

#4 9 years ago

if your so worried that the kids will see it why did you buy it! sounds like you need to sell it and get what you would consider a more family friendly game. i hope the kids don't see your avitar. or is the red blanket too small.

#5 9 years ago

I have plenty of pins that are kid friendly. Bought TWD for the adults to play. Kids don't like the zombies when they go down to the basement. I wasn't looking to debate the merits of a kid friendly translite, just to see if anyone has made a zombie free one.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

I have plenty of pins that are kid friendly. Bought TWD for the adults to play. Kids don't like the zombies when they go down to the basement. I wasn't looking to debate the merits of a kid friendly translite, just to see if anyone has made a zombie free one.

It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to make a zombie free one, that seems to defeat the purpose. I have no plans to make an alt translite myself, no desire to wade into territory where Stern is selling their own mods, too much legal issues, but if I did it would be full of zombies, that's for sure!

Maybe you can find a poster you can cut to size of the cast or something?

#7 9 years ago

Instead if hiding it or covering it you should teach your kids that sometimes people die and when they come back to life you have to shoot them in the head with a crossbow.

#8 9 years ago

When my kids where younger, I printed out a picture of Count Von Count to cover the gory, dying dracula on my BSD. It worked for me.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Instead if hiding it or covering it you should teach your kids that sometimes people die and when they come back to life you have to shoot them in the head with a crossbow.

I like how you did that. Thought you were going somewhere nice and then... nope.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

My parents taught me that and I don't think I turned out that bad????

#11 9 years ago

stern makes three family friendly ones...
family friendly.pngfamily friendly.png
also family friendly.pngalso family friendly.png

#12 9 years ago

Check ebay

image.jpgimage.jpg
#14 9 years ago

Ahhhhhh.....No.

I don't let the kids play the TWD pin but the translite is always visible. Anybody making a zombie free translite? I'd rather not have to keep it under a blanket.

#15 9 years ago

Can anyone make a family friendly Baywatch and Stern Playboy family friendly translite and cabinet art while they're at it?

But seriously...

Instead of disguising an innapropriate game why not pick one that you can play without having to worry about your kids walking in on you? There are dozens of family friendly titles that also play infinitely better than TWD.

#16 9 years ago

I don't understand your problem.
No nudity on the TWF translite. So from an american point of view this should be totally family friendly.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Galaga:

I don't understand your problem.
No nudity on the TWF translite. So from an american point of view this should be totally family friendly.

Hilarious

#18 9 years ago

That crappy looking girl zombie on the lower right would be enough for me to want an alternate backglass. Not sure why AMC ever went with that promo shot, but the LE looks much better just by partially obscuring it.

How about a variant of the DVD cover for a safe image... Still conveys a strong message for adults, kids will just see a guy riding a horse.

the-walking-dead-season-1-dvd-cover.jpgthe-walking-dead-season-1-dvd-cover.jpg
2 weeks later
#19 9 years ago

Here ya go, I was going to have to use this one at one of my locations but the owner said FU#$ it keep the zombie one......I even added an interactive zombie topper LOL!

IMG_5807.JPGIMG_5807.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-made-a-family-friendly-twd-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.