(Topic ID: 224189)

Has anyone installed woz 2.0 yet? I’m about to!

By pinballkyle

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Woz-2.0-Wiring5 - Copy (resized).jpg
Woz-2.0-Wiring4 - Copy (resized).jpg
Woz-2.0-Wiring2 - Copy (resized).jpg
Woz-2.0-Wiring3 - Copy (resized).jpg
Woz-2.0-Wiring1 - Copy (resized).jpg
IMG_6709 (resized).jpeg
5CC4B990-4D42-448D-99BF-A5B2201BB28C (resized).jpeg
5680AFCA-D0BE-4584-A42D-B76CF6FD206C (resized).jpeg
B3204800-E330-43A3-8172-D1E056EDAD21 (resized).jpeg
050A1416-AAEE-499C-8F0B-8C85D236517E (resized).jpeg
Step 21 image (resized).jpg
57EC9904-8BFB-412C-A18C-D965F48629D0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG
WOZ DIMPLER (resized).png
Dimpler1 (resized).jpg
dimple1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#232 4 years ago

cextion and I completed this today - it took us 2 days of work.

A couple of hiccups we had which were frankly minor given the scope of the operation:

1. At one point the game refused to boot, which was alarming, resolved by jumping two pins on the motherboard. Apparently this is a thing that happens sometimes?
2. We got trough errors which turned out to be one of the 4 pin power connections to the supply that wasn’t plugged in.
3. There are some dangling wires under the castle playfield causing stuck balls, so we have to pull the castle and sort that out.
4. One of the rubber stoppers that holds on the rainbow plastic broke during the operation. We improved a macguyer solution, but the kit really ought to include fresh ones for this possibility. (It does include fresh plastic locks, just no rubber ones.)

All in all this was a long but very rewarding project. I enjoy legos and things like that, this was fun to do and I am happy his WOZ will now give him years of trouble free use.,

2 weeks later
#237 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Not looking forward to the install, but all of you that have, have been encouraging. Good to hear from those that went through the install.

It is kind of fun and satisfying to do - sort of like building a complex LEGO set. Just take your time, follow the instructions to a T, and if you feel unsure about a step - ask!

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Ok so your in Texas, I can expect you when?
All kidding aside, I know it has to be done. And again, all of you that have done the conversion have said it’s not bad. So, I know it will be sooner than later. Winter may be a good time.

You know...I do have free time right now and I have been considering offering up 2.0 light board install services. Thing is, it wouldn't be cheap - it's labor intensive (12-16hrs) plus the travel cost.

8 months later
#329 3 years ago

I want to shout out to PinballCharlie for a great little product. I did a 2.0 swap last night (my second) and really loved the precision his little widget gave with my board alignments.

2 years later
#342 1 year ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Thanks. There is a USB connection into the BAG board from the CPU. I plugged into the only unoccupied USB port on the back of the PCB chassis. When it didn't work initially, I tried another USB port, also to no avail, and also reseated the connection into the BAG board a couple of times. I'll seek help from JJP tomorrow.

I'm betting on the BAG board. Your experience sounds just like when I did jfesler 's machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-installed-woz-20-yet-im-about-too-?tu=zaphX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.