(Topic ID: 224189)

Has anyone installed woz 2.0 yet? I’m about to!

By pinballkyle

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 252 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by pinheadpierre
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A19500AB-A845-4FD2-ADBA-9DED073D0E50 (resized).png
1DC5B97E-07C6-453F-AEAD-65C82BA56A0C (resized).jpeg
C48CA4F4-ECEF-4658-837A-59B9787981D9 (resized).jpeg
9C181C7C-D1F0-49AA-BFAA-20EE07E0E065 (resized).jpeg
C5DE401D-455D-4B44-8710-8938EF0AFA33 (resized).jpeg
62860112-93EC-4906-818A-33A1062F84AD (resized).jpeg
9118A46C-B245-465E-873A-D1FE6DA7C3B9 (resized).jpeg
F1D6A2D1-7881-44CB-81C9-F4E3F27B4F3E (resized).jpeg
Power pic_LI (resized).jpg
tools4r (resized).png
tools3r (resized).png
tools2r (resized).png
labels1r (resized).png
lables2r (resized).png
molexconnect (resized).jpg
light board 28 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paddylv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 7 months ago

Just finished doing the 2.0 upgrade on an early build LE (#51). Had some issues at the end. It turned out the JUSB connection to the CPU did not work and ended up using a different (spare) port. Lloyd and Butch Peel helped me through it. I have nothing but positive things to say about both of those guys -- and JJP's support. To JJP's credit, they knew the lighting system was a problem, and they offered a real and stable solution. They are making no money on that kit. Not to mention the labor in packing the materials and supporting the owners who, like me, have no engineering or mechanical background and no clue. My law degree and education helped me buy the pin, but it's not helpful in maintaining it.

I have all my old lights (not sure if they are the 5 or 7.5 boards). I'll post some pictures. Glad to know have stable lights.

3 weeks later
#121 6 months ago

On the 6 ft mini-usb question: the question gets answered later in the JJB instructions. You start by plugging the standard USB end into one of the available USB ports on the outside of the CPU chassis. The mini end then goes back to the underside of the table through the large black bundle. It will get plugged into one of the new boards as instructed.

I have a very early build ECLE (#51) and had no issues with the castle playfield.

Trust me. If I can do this project, anyone can do it. One last piece of advice, go to the manual page that shows the lighting configuration. The picture shows how the lighting boards should be placed so that the wires reach. Drill your holes so the lighting boards line up as shown. I had to re-drill about 5 of mine by not doing this because the new lighting wires would not reach the boards as I had placed them.

1 week later
#158 6 months ago

For me it was easy: either sell or get used to playing with half the lights out. And selling means you stick a buyer with this problem and take a hit on price. For those not having problems, I understand the concern with not making the fix -- "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" My guess is I would not have made the switch if my lights had been even close to reliable. But assuming your luck continues, you will address the issue at the time you sell the game because buyers will ask for the 2.0 kit, assuming it's still available. It's nice to turn on your game knowing all the lights will turn on. And if one does go, knowing it will only result in a single board failure and not half the game.

By the way, I have a box of all the 5v boards, many replaced with buffered boards, that I'll gladly sell for $100. It includes all the old cabling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 16.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paddylv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside