(Topic ID: 224189)

Has anyone installed woz 2.0 yet? I’m about to!

By pinballkyle

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Woz-2.0-Wiring5 - Copy (resized).jpg
Woz-2.0-Wiring4 - Copy (resized).jpg
Woz-2.0-Wiring2 - Copy (resized).jpg
Woz-2.0-Wiring3 - Copy (resized).jpg
Woz-2.0-Wiring1 - Copy (resized).jpg
IMG_6709 (resized).jpeg
5CC4B990-4D42-448D-99BF-A5B2201BB28C (resized).jpeg
5680AFCA-D0BE-4584-A42D-B76CF6FD206C (resized).jpeg
B3204800-E330-43A3-8172-D1E056EDAD21 (resized).jpeg
050A1416-AAEE-499C-8F0B-8C85D236517E (resized).jpeg
Step 21 image (resized).jpg
57EC9904-8BFB-412C-A18C-D965F48629D0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG
WOZ DIMPLER (resized).png
Dimpler1 (resized).jpg
dimple1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Make sure to zip tie that wire that is precariously overlapping the service rail on the left.

I’ve zip tied like it was an obsessive disorder ! I had to move a cable that was plugged wrong it took me 10 minutes to cut all the ties I’ve put on the way !

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Ref the 2.0 lower GI brightness is there anymore confirmation that JJP are working on a software update to lift the GI up?

I don’t think there was any confirmation that they were working on a fix. We know they are aware of the issue though.

Although I must say I didn’t notice a difference after installing the 2.0 board. I did put very special care in centering the led on each GI pole and it wasn’t easy, the led is super tiny and it’s hard to keep it steady while putting the screws.

2 months later
#298 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I ordered the kit on January 22; it is arriving at my door tomorrow (the shipping was not the issue - it was the time needed for JJP to get the kit together).
My "Cowardly Lion" board died and I could not justify spending the $200+ on the one board when the entire kit was $800. I don't want to throw good money after bad.....
I'll delve into installing it later this week...maybe.

Same here, my Tin Man board died, so I went for the 2.0 kit, sold my older boards for 250$, which left me with a 550$ bill. Not a bad deal all together for permanently sorting out the light issue on that game and not feeling worried everytime I turn the game on.

Unlike others here, I got screwed by my distributor who sold me a 1.1 version when I specifically asked to confirm it was a 2.0 (and got confirmation), so I cursed him instead of JJP !

You should go through this thread, on top of following the instructions; there are a few other catches that are not mentioned in the instructions, the cable under the castle playfield, the cable that goes to the Oz lane sign, and a few others I can't recall.

The one part to pay attention to, is how you position each small led board and center the light under the inserts, it has a serious impact on the light shines, I do believe that some of the complaints of the brightness of the 2.0 kit come from not correctly positioning the lights. Its 'annoying but worth putting special attention to it.

I ended up having fun doing it, it didn't feel like a chore, more like going through Lego instructions and enjoying the scene of the work coming together

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Got it almost done! Man, I wish I would have made this thing BEFORE I did the install. Not only will this save a LOT of time, it will PRECISELY locate your pilot holes so your GI LEDs are perfectly centered over the lens, also it may change the world .
I want to experiment with the model a bit to make sure it is perfect, but will upload to Thingiverse tomorrow so anyone can download the .STL file and print for FREE!
I'll see about getting this up on my store here on Pinside for those who don't have access to a 3D printer. You definitely will want to use this before drilling your GI pilot holes (I speak from experience )[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome ! I wish I had it when I installed my leds, it would have saved me some serious time and pain bending myself all around to try and figure where the light fits !

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

So I'm guessing the 2.0 lighting doesn't make it any easier to remove the castle for servicing?

Removing the castle is quite straight forward, he lays flat on a bunch of screws. I had to do it twice, since I followed the previous instructions where the rescue and gi light are inverted.

The real PITA (as in 2 hours, some sweat, and a bit of anger), is the munchkin playfield. It doesn't come out straight, there is very little room to move it sideways under the right ramp, and it's a weird twisted movement to pass the bat that's there. Same annoyance putting it back, with passing the cables in the holes while trying to lay the pf flat. Long story short, I hated it.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Agree with this. I also hated dealing with the little rubber standoffs that hold the rainbow plastic on.

I broke both rubber pieces when I pulled them out, luckily JJP was nice enough to send me a couple replacements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-installed-woz-20-yet-im-about-too-?tu=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.