(Topic ID: 224189)

Has anyone installed woz 2.0 yet? I’m about to!

By pinballkyle

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 275 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by adol75
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2EEC6ECA-1454-4AF5-9A89-90808D176C4A (resized).jpeg
A19500AB-A845-4FD2-ADBA-9DED073D0E50 (resized).png
1DC5B97E-07C6-453F-AEAD-65C82BA56A0C (resized).jpeg
C48CA4F4-ECEF-4658-837A-59B9787981D9 (resized).jpeg
9C181C7C-D1F0-49AA-BFAA-20EE07E0E065 (resized).jpeg
C5DE401D-455D-4B44-8710-8938EF0AFA33 (resized).jpeg
62860112-93EC-4906-818A-33A1062F84AD (resized).jpeg
9118A46C-B245-465E-873A-D1FE6DA7C3B9 (resized).jpeg
F1D6A2D1-7881-44CB-81C9-F4E3F27B4F3E (resized).jpeg
Power pic_LI (resized).jpg
tools4r (resized).png
tools3r (resized).png
tools2r (resized).png
labels1r (resized).png
lables2r (resized).png
molexconnect (resized).jpg

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 84 days ago

Found an error in my 2.0 system last night. Either the castle cables were labeled wrong or the rgb cable map is printed wrong. Either way, it resulted in my wiring the lights for the search insert and the adjacent gi light backwards. Heads up to those who follow. I recommend holding off on fully reinstalling the castle playfield until you can test to ensure that everything is correct in test mode.

#252 84 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Found an error in my 2.0 system last night. Either the castle cables were labeled wrong or the rgb cable map is printed wrong. Either way, it resulted in my wiring the lights for the search insert and the adjacent gi light backwards. Heads up to those who follow. I recommend holding off on fully reinstalling the castle playfield until you can test to ensure that everything is correct in test mode.

I ordered my 2.0 kit in May but didn't get around to installing it until just recently. Butch at JJP says this was an error in the instructions that he has since corrected. So if you're ordering a kit now it sounds like it probably won't be an issue, but if you ordered your kit awhile ago and are sitting on it you might run into this.

3 weeks later
#253 57 days ago

Thanks for this info made me check mine in light test and its the same. My search light comes on during GI test.

Cant remember how the install went but is this just a case of swapping the connections or do I have to switch the boards over and route the cable

But again thanks for the heads up.

#254 57 days ago

After installing my 2.0 kit the leds dont seem to be as bright as the old ones is there a way to increase the intensity of the leds?

The light show is awesome on this game and it would be nice to have control of the intensity

I am sure this has been asked before just cant find the answer.

Cheers for any info Paul.

#255 57 days ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Thanks for this info made me check mine in light test and its the same. My search light comes on during GI test.
Cant remember how the install went but is this just a case of swapping the connections or do I have to switch the boards over and route the cable
But again thanks for the heads up.

Just swap the cables (castle ends only) of the search insert and the adjacent general illumination light.

#256 57 days ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

After installing my 2.0 kit the leds dont seem to be as bright as the old ones is there a way to increase the intensity of the leds?
The light show is awesome on this game and it would be nice to have control of the intensity

You are right - the general illumination of 2.0 is less bright. Nothing can be done about it unless JJP implements a software fix to adjust the GI. I asked Butch about this. He said he’d let the software people know but didn’t promise that it was possible or would happen.

#257 56 days ago

You are right - the general illumination of 2.0 is less bright. Nothing can be done about it unless JJP implements a software fix to adjust the GI. I asked Butch about this. He said he’d let the software people know but didn’t promise that it was possible or would happen.

WOZ is s pretty dark game out of the box.

I would be surprised if a fix wasn't brewing...

It would cover all the versions.

1 week later
#258 48 days ago

I just received my kit and am about half way through. My 13 year old son and I are having a good time doing this together. This is a WOZRR 75th with 7.5v buffered boards. We decided to upgrade as we have been having issues with faulty wires. Wiggling and zip tying helped for a few plays, but we decided an upgrade was in order.

It is going fairly smooth, we are a bit delayed due to some missing wires, but hope to have that rectified soon. I am impressed with the instructions. Hoping to sell what I am removing, so we are spending a bit more time saving the wiring, etc.

This is a great bonding experience with my son.

#259 48 days ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

I just received my kit and am about half way through. My 13 year old son and I are having a good time doing this together. This is a WOZRR 75th with 7.5v buffered boards. We decided to upgrade as we have been having issues with faulty wires. Wiggling and zip tying helped for a few plays, but we decided an upgrade was in order.
It is going fairly smooth, we are a bit delayed due to some missing wires, but hope to have that rectified soon. I am impressed with the instructions. Hoping to sell what I am removing, so we are spending a bit more time saving the wiring, etc.
This is a great bonding experience with my son.

Sounds great. Nice to hear that your son is taking an interest and doing it with you. I’m sure it will be a rewarding experience for you both when you’re done.

#260 48 days ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Menu>Settings>System Settings>LED Brightness

There are 4 settings: LOWER / LOW / NORMAL / HIGH

The NORMAL setting seems less bright than before but the HIGH setting seems to be about the same brightness as I remember the old lighting being.

#261 48 days ago
Quoted from SuS:

Menu>Settings>System Settings>LED Brightness
There are 4 settings: LOWER / LOW / NORMAL / HIGH
The NORMAL setting seems less bright than before but the HIGH setting seems to be about the same brightness as I remember the old lighting being.

Just to be clear - that’s only for the inserts. There’s no adjustment for the gi.

#262 48 days ago

Come on JJP add a setting to lift the GI brightness after all we paid good money for the 2.0 lights upgrade!!

#263 48 days ago

I mentioned the lighting issue 2.0 to JJP at the expo.

I think they might be working on the GI. brightness.
Keep your fingers crossed.

1 week later
#264 37 days ago

Many moons later, I finally committed to installing my 2.0 kit. It’s a hunk of a commitment. 14hrs or so? I also waxed/cleaned/replaced rubbers.

The instructions are generally on point. I believe the castle PF GI and Rescue connectors are mislabeled in the instructions. Other than that, the game only require a few tweaks and two broken wire fixes post install.

Glad this is over.

Lots of folks harp about the dim GI on the game. Unfortunately, I concur. Little disappointed about how dim it is.

If you choose to install... make sure you have a good set of tools at your disposal along with space to lay everything out.

Here’s a pic, 60% done.

2EEC6ECA-1454-4AF5-9A89-90808D176C4A (resized).jpeg
#265 37 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Many moons later, I finally committed to installing my 2.0 kit. It’s a hunk of a commitment. 14hrs or so? I also waxed/cleaned/replaced rubbers.
The instructions are generally on point. I believe the castle PF GI and Rescue connectors are mislabeled in the instructions. Other than that, the game only require a few tweaks and two broken wire fixes post install.
Glad this is over.
Lots of folks harp about the dim GI on the game. Unfortunately, I concur. Little disappointed about how dim it is.
If you choose to install... make sure you have a good set of tools at your disposal along with space to lay everything out.
Here’s a pic, 60% done.[quoted image]

The instruction issue for the castle connectors has been corrected now. I think all new instruction PDFs will have that right from here on in.

1 week later
#266 28 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ça ne fait rien. Je l'ai compris. Il me manquait le connecteur en Y séparé. Voici une photo. Cela devient déroutant.
[quoted image]

Hello everyone, I did not understand this connection ..
I did not have any details for the power cable

thank you for your help.
jonathan

#267 28 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Glad this is over.
Here’s a pic, 60% done.[quoted image]

Make sure to zip tie that wire that is precariously overlapping the service rail on the left.

#268 28 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Make sure to zip tie that wire that is precariously overlapping the service rail on the left.

That photo was taken pre-wiring/zip ties. Only 60% done.

#269 28 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I’ve zip tied like it was an obsessive disorder ! I had to move a cable that was plugged wrong it took me 10 minutes to cut all the ties I’ve put on the way !

#270 28 days ago
Quoted from Soluble:

Hello everyone, I did not understand this connection ..
I did not have any details for the power cable
thank you for your help.
jonathan

I'm not used to being quoted in French!

I was confused because I thought the Y connector was part of the larger power wiring harness, but it was actually a separate part in the kit. Once I found it, I could follow the instructions. I hope that helps. If not, let us know, and I'm sure we can get you through it.

#271 26 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm not used to being quoted in French!
I was confused because I thought the Y connector was part of the larger power wiring harness, but it was actually a separate part in the kit. Once I found it, I could follow the instructions. I hope that helps. If not, let us know, and I'm sure we can get you through it.

Hi, sorry for french

I finally got help from Butch, it is ok.

thank you very much for your support.

have a good day.
jonathan

#272 26 days ago
Quoted from Soluble:

Hi, sorry for french

No need to apologize. I just saw it and thought, hmmm I don’t remember writing in French.

I realized you were using a translation program. I took 4.5 years of French in school, but unfortunately I’ve forgotten most of it over the years.

Glad Butch was able to help. He and JJP are awesome at support.

#273 26 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

No need to apologize. I just saw it and thought, hmmm I don’t remember writing in French.
I realized you were using a translation program. I took 4.5 years of French in school, but unfortunately I’ve forgotten most of it over the years.
Glad Butch was able to help. He and JJP are awesome at support.

je te félicite pour tes cours de français

my self I have trouble writing it sometimes

yes butch was very good

#274 25 days ago

Ref the 2.0 lower GI brightness is there anymore confirmation that JJP are working on a software update to lift the GI up?

#275 25 days ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Ref the 2.0 lower GI brightness is there anymore confirmation that JJP are working on a software update to lift the GI up?

I don’t think there was any confirmation that they were working on a fix. We know they are aware of the issue though.

Although I must say I didn’t notice a difference after installing the 2.0 board. I did put very special care in centering the led on each GI pole and it wasn’t easy, the led is super tiny and it’s hard to keep it steady while putting the screws.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside