Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4C701E22-3F02-491F-A390-FCB5CDB216AC (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

This pinsider responds almost daily to my ad,they have o anything but account says 2 years.Seems sketch.

#2 2 years ago

Also asking to ship to NYC

#3 2 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised to learn pinside has a large percent of lurkers but zero activity is suspicious. Ask him for some references

#4 2 years ago

I once knew a Nigerian Prince who goes by that name...

Kidding. But a bump. Hope he checks out.

#5 2 years ago

If he pays you before you ship who gives a fuck?

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Bad advice, money could be reversed in many ways. If your gut says he is weird, avoid at all cost.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Bad advice, money could be reversed in many ways. If your gut says he is weird, avoid at all cost.

Exactly, I dont accept paypal from strangers.

#8 2 years ago

This is another reason to be cautious.

4C701E22-3F02-491F-A390-FCB5CDB216AC (resized).jpeg4C701E22-3F02-491F-A390-FCB5CDB216AC (resized).jpeg
    #9 2 years ago

Eh, tread carefully there. buddy.

#10 2 years ago

Seems off - Try to Sell it local and save the stress.

#11 2 years ago

Im just being cautious,Thats why I am trying to choose my words carefully so as not to besmirch a fellow pinsider.Also I declined this offer several times because of the Paypal trust issues I have.My hope was someone who has done positive or negative business would give us all a heads up.

#12 2 years ago

Clearly a scammer

#13 2 years ago

Do NOT use paypal. I am going through some crap with them right now as a seller. Someone paid me F&F for something and we met in person. It was $400. This was back in October.

Jan 23rd I got an email from paypal saying the buyer filed an unauthorized transaction with his financial institution and now my account is -$400. Oh and they tacked on a $15 fee for me because the buyer did it, so my account is -$415.

I am appealing it now with proof of message logs and emails with his intention to pay for it and proof he received it. I also sent him a message on FB saying
    "really you are going to try and file a dispute?" and he left the chat, so clearly he saw it and knows what he did.

So it's a headache still and there is literally no way I'm paying that money back to paypal if they don't take my side on the appeal.

I had no clue you could reverse a F&F transaction. I thought the risk was 100% in the buyers side of things but apparently it's also 100% on the seller.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

I had no clue you could reverse a F&F transaction. I thought the risk was 100% in the buyers side of things but apparently it's also 100% on the seller.

The risk is almost never on the buyers side.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

agree

#16 2 years ago

This am not sound like scammering to my.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The risk is almost never on the buyers side.

Hey I thought you were on an airplane?? LOL

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Hey I thought you were on an airplane?? LOL

LONG layover in Austin. They have beer though!

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

LONG layover in Austin. They have beer though!

Beer is a good thing! Have fun!!

#20 2 years ago

Another vote for scam.

#21 2 years ago

Run Forrest Run

#22 2 years ago

complete scam !
    try to have some fun with it ...... and report back !

#23 2 years ago

Many fucks given,If I accept paypal they dont pay me until he says so.After he verifies he got it .I buy but dont sell much.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Quoted from Jamesays:

Many fucks given,If I accept paypal they dont pay me until he says so.After he verifies he got it .I buy but dont sell much.

#25 2 years ago

He says sorry at this time I cant do zelle or send a check from his Bank .

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

He says sorry at this time I cant do zelle or send a check from his Bank .

Ya, apparently Nigeria only accepts PayPal.

#27 2 years ago

Looks scammy and would think this person should be booted from Pinside. ForceFlow what do you think?

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:He says sorry at this time I cant do zelle or send a check from his Bank .

You didn’t say that originally, obvious scammer but if he was willing to use zelle or wire his reputation is irrelevant

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from purbeast:

Do NOT use paypal. I am going through some crap with them right now as a seller. Someone paid me F&F for something and we met in person. It was $400. This was back in October.
    Jan 23rd I got an email from paypal saying the buyer filed an unauthorized transaction with his financial institution and now my account is -$400. Oh and they tacked on a $15 fee for me because the buyer did it, so my account is -$415.
    I am appealing it now with proof of message logs and emails with his intention to pay for it and proof he received it. I also sent him a message on FB saying
    "really you are going to try and file a dispute?" and he left the chat, so clearly he saw it and knows what he did.
    So it's a headache still and there is literally no way I'm paying that money back to paypal if they don't take my side on the appeal.

Curious about this. How many times have you tried to call or text this guy? Is he just ignoring you? What was the item?

#30 2 years ago

Hes either a scammer or Just a guy who lives in his words in Spain(europe) and comes to NYC for work often.I am a hard pass.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

Looks scammy and would think this person should be booted from Pinside. ForceFlow what do you think?

There's not enough information.

All I see is someone who probably doesn't speak English as a first language.

However, note that NYC is a port city, so it's also possible the package might be destined for an international mail forwarding service there.

Personally, I wouldn't do a high-value deal with a member that has no activity on the site.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's not enough information.
    All I see is someone who probably doesn't speak English as a first language.
    However, note that NYC is a port city, so it's also possible the package might be destined for an international mail forwarding service there.
    Personally, I wouldn't do a high-value deal with a member that has no activity on the site.

agree 100% not enough info and no phone.All done.If No others have had an issue then maybe theres nothing here.

#33 2 years ago

May as well close this one.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Curious about this. How many times have you tried to call or text this guy? Is he just ignoring you? What was the item?

I don't have his phone number we only chatted on email and FB messenger.

It was an OLED Switch. I was trying to help a local guy out too because I was about to return it for $372 after taxes but did him a favor to let him have it instead for $28 in profit.

#35 2 years ago

Definitely sounds fishy, no way I’d do it from what you’ve said. IBTL?

#36 2 years ago

HELL NO

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

This is another reason to be cautious.
    [quoted image]

Had no idea Tarzan was on Pinside.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

May as well close this one.

IBTL?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-heard-of-or-done-business-with-mikapeb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.