(Topic ID: 79262)

Has Anyone Found a Replacement for the 20-10293 Reed Switch?

By Billy16

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150513_095345_768.jpg
IMG_20150513_095411_739.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Evidently these have gone out of stock (and perhaps are no longer being made) of all the pinball parts suppliers that used to carry them. This is the switch that is the hot set up to place on the rim of the CFTBL whirlpool bowl to increase the number of revolutions possible per ball. If anyone finds a replacement (or other solution), please post it.

#3 10 years ago

DMSPinball.com had one on ebay last week; looks like it did not sell. Where there's one...there may be two or you two need to arm-wrestle for it

Just sayin,
faz

4 months later
#4 9 years ago

There's a nos one up on eBay now

10 months later
#5 8 years ago

Not to bring up an old topic, however I may need one of these as well on my NGG. Is there a source for these anymore?

Looks like they did some type of retrofit or went back to normal switches after awhile, from what I can see......

#6 8 years ago

Pinball Resource has them. Call Steve Young.

#7 8 years ago

PBR had them and so does PinballCenter

\\http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=180-5145-XX&x=12&y=9&search_in_description=1

#8 8 years ago

Thanks guys

1 week later
#9 8 years ago

Note to self: I definitely need to check this out.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Note to self: I definitely need to check this out.

hehe.... I favored this topic on my mobile just so I could get back on my notebook and check it again!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Evidently these have gone out of stock (and perhaps are no longer being made) of all the pinball parts suppliers that used to carry them. This is the switch that is the hot set up to place on the rim of the CFTBL whirlpool bowl to increase the number of revolutions possible per ball. If anyone finds a replacement (or other solution), please post it.

You can repair the reed switch.

Very short instruction:

Carefully open it by making away the "silicone".

Loosen the upper magnet carefully and separate it form the lower magnet; leave the lower magnet in.

Then you can see the inside electronics.

Solder in a new reed switch, this one:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEDER-electronic-Standex/KSK-1A80-1015/?qs=KFo7JewZbUFX%252bU5EsD5Ziw%3D%3D

Carefully put everthing together again and have fun.

Not so expnesive, than buying a new one.

#12 8 years ago

Has anyone actually used this particular reed switch in a CFTBL whirlpool?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

You can repair the reed switch.
Very short instruction:
Carefully open it by making away the "silicone".
Loosen the upper magnet carefully and separate it form the lower magnet; leave the lower magnet in.
Then you can see the inside electronics.
Solder in a new reed switch, this one:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEDER-electronic-Standex/KSK-1A80-1015/?qs=KFo7JewZbUFX%252bU5EsD5Ziw%3D%3D
Carefully put everthing together again and have fun.
Not so expnesive, than buying a new one.

Thanks for posting this. I ordered a few and will post back with how my fix worked out.

#15 8 years ago

I have a reed switch in my whirlpool.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have a reed switch in my whirlpool.

Is it this particular reed switch? I am curious if it matters what type one installs. I have heard some people used heavy-duty double sided tape to install these on the whirlpool, but that's not something that I would like to do if this can be screwed in place of the existing switch.

#17 8 years ago

This is the one I have. Tiny bit of two sided tape has held it in place for a long time. Tape is underneath and you can't see it.IMG_20150513_095345_768.jpgIMG_20150513_095345_768.jpgIMG_20150513_095411_739.jpgIMG_20150513_095411_739.jpg

#18 8 years ago

That is also how I attached my switch, no issues.

#20 8 years ago

I just received my reed switches from Mouser and followed german-pinball's instructions to replace the switch. Worked great! In case anyone wants to do the same, I made a detailed step-by-step set of instructions with pictures: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-repair-20-10293-reed-switch

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I just received my reed switches from Mouser and followed german-pinball's instructions to replace the switch. Worked great! In case anyone wants to do the same, I made a detailed step-by-step set of instructions with pictures: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-repair-20-10293-reed-switch

WOW man, congrats, that you have been sucessful.

Sorry, that I did not give you more information, when I wrote post#11. but I was in my office and had no time, to give you a more detailed information. I only remembered, that I had repaired it a few years ago, so my hint was only out from my memory; sorry also, I forgot to mention the diode inside.

Thanks for picking up my hint and respect for your tenacity, to try the repair and not wild searching for a very hard to find replacement part.

Really inexpensive repair, isn´t it??

5 years later
#22 3 years ago

Sure it's a 5 year old post....but yes, we remade these! Smaller, lighter and more sensitive than the originals. Hit me up!

Matt
M&M Creations

#23 3 years ago

and I have the originals if needed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-found-a-replacement-for-the-20-10293-reed-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.