litho (resized).png
20211207_101757 (resized).jpg
20211207_101802 (resized).jpg
20211207_105732 (resized).jpg
1AC67961-5FE2-42E9-B6B6-D165742C1DA5.gif
Screenshot_20211204-105237_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211204-105158_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211204-105210_Facebook (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craif.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This is on plain copy paper. Waiting for ink to dry on plastic . Hope someone can better this idea,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had been thinking a 3d printed lithophane would work great for a permanent coverup. They're intended to be backlit and the QR window is essentially a ready made frame.

Many slicers will have an option somewhere that will take most any image and perform the intermediate steps to produce a ready to print file, but even the ones that don't automate anything it's usually just a matter of giving them a 2d image and adjusting a few settings.

As more games are released that come with IC from the factory, I'd be shocked if we don't see tons of options showing up for sale from mod-makers, downloadable options popping up on 3D printing sites and one off jobs people cook up at home.

Here's a random example pulled off the internet of one that would look great if they did a modern remake/vault of LOTR.
litho (resized).pnglitho (resized).png

#320 2 years ago

My own feelings about IC and connected pins in general are mixed. I expected the reader light to be intrusive as I experience some of the issues with bright light in peripheral vision others have brought up. I was pleasantly surprised that it was not as bad as I anticipated, but it was still bad enough that it started to give me a migraine until I covered it with my phone. I've loved pinball for 40 years and I doubt IC is going anywhere. As long as it remains truly optional I've accepted I'll have to abide the advice of those who say "Don't like it then don't use it." It does affect me though, and not in a good way.

I can't help but notice there's a vocal segment of the "Don't like it then don't use it." crowd who can't seem to abide their own mantra when it comes to optional discussions about ideas they clearly don't like and won't use. I can't see how it affects them. Perhaps the mantra starts to break down when things we've loved and supported for decades suddenly integrate "options" that can't be disabled or removed and are designed in ways that detract from the experience for those who would prefer to ignore them.

Luckily pinside offers an easy way to completely hide individual threads that has no effect on any other functionality.

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Still wouldn't solve their problem - because they need to address all the signage on the game. And of the issues to address, disabling the light is the EASIEST issue to address on their own. So it's not really the thing that matters.
It's just a point they are trying to make to rage against Stern IC.

Dude, who hurt you?

Just drain the thread and move on.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you want the echo chamber... you joined the wrong site.

It just seems like the EASIEST solution to something that's clearly bothering you. You don't even need a roll of tape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craif.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-figured-out-how-to-turn-off-the-qr-reader?tu=craif and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.