litho (resized).png
20211207_101757 (resized).jpg
20211207_101802 (resized).jpg
20211207_105732 (resized).jpg
1AC67961-5FE2-42E9-B6B6-D165742C1DA5.gif
Screenshot_20211204-105237_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211204-105158_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211204-105210_Facebook (resized).jpg
There are 365 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I can understand how some people think it's annoying and others don't really care that's its on. I find it puzzling that Stern is installing these at the factory. They could have shipped without and anyone that wants one can pony up the $199 and install it like you have to do for past Spike 2 games. I've been to several locations and they look to be on but they're not even configured so it doesn't work. Stern doesn't install toppers or tournament buttons at the factory either. Stern missed an opportunity to raise prices $800+ on new games and sell this separately for those that want it.

they didn't miss anything, what do you think part of the price hike is for?

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

This post is proof of how pinside has gone to the toilet. I asked a simple question to see if someone knew of a method to turn it off that I didn't know about. Pinside is nothing more than a RGP re-do with the same type of people that can't do anything but sit at their computer and go after people. Go play some pinball instead of commenting here. and if you think my question was to bash stern, it really wasn't other than I don't understand why we can't turn it off without disconnecting a cable or something...

The challenge I have in agreeing with this is that you are also the most negative individual on here, bashing Stern for their recent price hike, as OP of a thread entitled “F you Stern!”.
None of us like the increased price but we’re still managing ways to enjoy pinball (including the new IC technology).
But here’s another thread complaining about the new stuff Stern has produced and low and behold… guess who?
So seems to me you’d have better luck if you’d presented the query in a slightly more positive manner?

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The challenge I have in agreeing with this is that you are also the most negative individual on here, bashing Stern for their recent price hike, as OP of a thread entitled “F you Stern!”.
None of us like the increased price but we’re still managing ways to enjoy pinball (including the new IC technology).
But here’s another thread complaining about the new stuff Stern has produced and low and behold… guess who?
So seems to me you’d have better luck if you’d presented the query in a slightly more positive manner?

"Fuck you stern I hate you you've ruined my life with your greed and your shitty QR reader that I hate and that you'd have to be a brilliant mechanical engineer or brain surgeon to figure out how to disconnect or cover up!

Also, why is pinside such a negative cesspool?!?!?"

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There are many, many ways to put wi-fi wherever one wants it. Wi-Fi connects to your router (LAN), your router connects to your internet(WAN).
If you need more details PM me, happy to make some recommendations.

I've got boosters. Our problem is dsl can only carry so much bandwidth. And with so many people working from home, we have times where we are under 1mb. I'm waiting to hear if Elon musks starlink is as good as advertised.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

me "you can connect this game to your network and use a QR code to add your name to a game instead of pressing the start button, and if you want to add it to other games you can buy an mod so you can log in on those"

You did kinda shortchange its capabilities with that description. The goals, achievements and recordkeeping are far more interesting, you should have mentioned those.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or just make endless dumb threads about how much you hate the implementation of an "innovation" people have been begging for for years

Your rant was doing alright til this... I count one thread? Y'all are giving him WAAAAY too much shit for simply asking how to disable a scanner. Does everything you post have to be a sarcastic rant?

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

This post is proof of how pinside has gone to the toilet. I asked a simple question to see if someone knew of a method to turn it off that I didn't know about. Pinside is nothing more than a RGP re-do with the same type of people that can't do anything but sit at their computer and go after people.

100% this.

It's amazing how fast Pinside went from "QR reader is the dumbest thing ever." to "Just IGNORE IT YOU NOOB"

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Your rant was doing alright til this... I count one thread? Y'all are giving him WAAAAY too much shit for simply asking how to disable a scanner.

But it's such a dumb question, of course it deserves a rant.

You'd really, seriously, type out a question like that if you weren't just trying stir up some outrage? You'd seriously - as someone who has opened up a pinball machine before - ask how to disable something? With a straight face?

Look, this is mr. "F U Stern" we are talking about, it's not just "one thread," and he's made similar comments about how offensive it is that Stern is forcing this on to the innocent pinball buying public.

Not sure why you are giving him the benefit of the doubt. Why are you trying to be so edgy and cool?!?!

#59 2 years ago

According to the press release, the game should have came with "cover up art" if you don't want to see the QR reader.

"Today, right now, we are announcing our next cornerstone game, Godzilla. It is our first game manufactured already equipped for Insider Connected™ with QR reader and dongle. (It can be played and operated without connectivity; QR reader cover up art is provided.) "

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

According to the press release, the game should have came with "cover up art" if you don't want to see the QR reader.
"Today, right now, we are announcing our next cornerstone game, Godzilla. It is our first game manufactured already equipped for Insider Connected™ with QR reader and dongle. (It can be played and operated without connectivity; QR reader cover up art is provided.) "

This would be great - I wonder if it is in the goodie bag?

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

100% this.
It's amazing how fast Pinside went from "QR reader is the dumbest thing ever." to "Just IGNORE IT YOU NOOB"

It is amazing how the question - has anyone figured out how to turn off the QR reader turned into "QR reader is the dumbest thing ever."

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You'd really, seriously, type out a question like that if you weren't just trying stir up some outrage?

After going through the settings and finding no options, I absolutely would if the light was annoying.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look, this is mr. "F U Stern" we are talking about, it's not just "one thread," and he's made similar comments about how offensive it is that Stern is forcing this on to the innocent pinball buying public

The other thread was about pricing, after his two preorders just got bumped $1200 higher. This thread is a specific technical question.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure why you are giving him the benefit of the doubt. Why are you trying to be so edgy and cool?!?!

Because I know the guy? Calling out assholes like you isn't being edgy, BTW. OTOH, your constantly sarcastic comments are starting to cross from edgy to cringe.

Seriously, just stop. Dude just asked a question. It's not cool to always be a jerk.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

C'mon Larry - I didn't post this as a review of the QR reader - I just want to know if there is any easy way to turn it off

If you know your customer is never gonna use it, I guess... but you basically ignored the main features when you described it to them. Never know, they might like the goals.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If I were to print out your tag from this photo, can I play as you?

Go for it, can’t be any worse of a player than I am. Probably help my stats.
FYI, i signed into the new Call of Duty today and it asked that I use a Google Authenticator to confirm my identity. Pinball is still lagging far behind.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If you know your customer is never gonna use it, I guess... but you basically ignored the main features when you described it to them. Never know, they might like the goals.

got it - i agree

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Because I know the guy? Calling out assholes like you isn't being edgy, BTW. OTOH, your constantly sarcastic comments are starting to cross from edgy to cringe.
Seriously, just stop. Dude just asked a question. It's not cool to always be a jerk.

Calling someone an asshole certainly isn't edgy nor cool, it's the last bastion of someone without wit or even a thesaurus. Maybe stop stalking me and nursing some 20 year old beef and you won't have to resort to such nonsense.

I'd say you are better than that but you've never demonstrated anything beyond being just another guy around the online pinball community for decades. Honestly, beyond your tired and recent "edgy and cool" thesis I can't think of a single thing you've said or done over the past two decades, while you've apparently been taking daily notes on my behavior. Way to make an impression!

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

This would be great - I wonder if it is in the goodie bag?

It is not, there was no "goodie bag"

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

FU Stern and your.....QR scanner - not everybody is into connecting a machine to the internet and making an account - already have people asking how to turn it off on GZ...

Quoted from WeirPinball:

It is amazing how the question - has anyone figured out how to turn off the QR reader turned into "QR reader is the dumbest thing ever."

Some of us read multiple threads?

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

It is not, there was no "goodie bag"

There isn't a bag stapled to the inside of the cabinet, on the left hand side, about half way up?

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

stop stalking me and nursing some 20 year old beef and you won't have to resort to such nonsense

LOL no beef, just that I know Scott and you're wrong about him. I actually like a lot of your posts, but not these where you wanna go off on someone for no good reason.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Or if they screw the few that don't connect their machines and not allow manual download and updating of code.

you can still manually update godzilla. i did on mine before i had it connected to the interwebs...

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

LOL no beef, just that I know Scott and you're wrong about him. I actually like a lot of your posts, but not these where you wanna go off on someone for no good reason.

Then help your buddy Scott figure out the herculean task of disconnecting the QR reader on the game that he doesn't and supposedly will never own.

It's easy!!!

I mean say what you will about this thread, but it's pretty clear his question was answered several times over. The rest was just extra gravy.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

This post is proof of how pinside has gone to the toilet.

what, the "F U Stern" thread or this one? Either way, you're correct in ways you clearly didn't intend.

Some people are so emotionally invested in the hobby that they seem to have a difficult time making the distinction between wants vs needs, and businesses vs companionship.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Then help your buddy Scott figure out the herculean task of disconnecting the QR reader on the game that he doesn't and supposedly will never own.
It's easy!!!
I mean say what you will about this thread, but it's pretty clear his question was answered several times over. The rest was just extra gravy.

OK when did I ever say I wouldn't own a Godzilla - I only said and I stand by this that I am done buying NIB pins.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

what, the "F U Stern" thread or this one? Either way, you're correct in ways you clearly didn't intend.
Some people are so emotionally invested in the hobby that they seem to have a difficult time making the distinction between wants vs needs, and businesses vs companionship.

I'll take that hit - that thread was stirring up shit because I was sick of pinflation, but that is not my track record here. (Challenge to all you haters that want to go through every post since 2012 and pull out negative ones...I know there is at least a few comments about JJP pins)

#76 2 years ago

Yeah Scott. I think the goodie bag is supposed to have the cover up art. But I’ve heard not everyone had them in their goodie bag. Probably can get stern to mail you one.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah Scott. I think the goodie bag is supposed to have the cover up art. But I’ve heard not everyone had them in their goodie bag. Probably can get stern to mail you one.

There is always that stigma of breaking open the goodie bag also when you are selling HUO, so I would even pay to get an extra

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

OK when did I ever say I wouldn't own a Godzilla - I only said and I stand by this that I am done buying NIB pins.

Ha ha ha!
That’s a fair statement. You never said you wouldn’t a) steal one, or b) buy one used.
One point for Mr Weir!

#79 2 years ago

Pinstadiums QR Reader coming soon...

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

There is always that stigma of breaking open the goodie bag also when you are selling HUO, so I would even pay to get an extra

Thats silly. I rip mine open right away. Anyone worried about the goody bag on resale is silly.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Stern - if you come upon this thread - give us a menu item to disable the QR reader please.

You'll get it, but it will cost you....

#82 2 years ago

This is off topic, but seeing WeirPinball posts so much lately. When is it time to retire the Who-dey avatar. It gets me every time.

#83 2 years ago

My "list" of select individuals got longer tonight. Wow, some class acts in this thread. I'd really love to see some people talk face to face the way they do here (spoiler alert: they wouldn't).

This is one of the best "going off before knowing the whole story" situations I have ever seen. His customer who has the LE is a solid 1 hour drive away. He doesn't just have the game next to the computer he is using to log onto Pinside. And before you come up with some quip about how his customer should just open up the game, trace the wires, find a (possible) connector, and simply disconnect it - maybe his customer doesn't have the confidence to do that.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

What some of you guys don't understand is not everyone gives a damn about connecting machines and logging in to save scores.

Then don’t hook it up to the internet if they don’t want it.

#85 2 years ago

I agree with the OP and I am not interested in the QR reader. I do think it would be a distraction while playing and Stern should have an option to at least turn off the light. Who wants to look at a distracting light on the apron while playing? -But it tracks your progression and gives you goals-boloney sausage. Having to cover it with a card is cheesy, just have an option in software for disabling. The Stern QR reader is almost as bad as the camera on JJP games-almost.

I actually had the afterthought that Stern should move the qr reader to the front of coin door so it is not a distraction, I honestly scratch my head why they would put it on apron-annoying.

#86 2 years ago

CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!

#87 2 years ago

Going to restaurants recently- 'Sir you can scan our menu on your phone' -me 'Ummmm yea can I just get an old fashion menu to look at?' WTF

-Still drive gas guzzling cars and trucks(no Tesla here), do not wear Ray Ban sunglasses, and do not own any Apple products-holding on to the 80's is totally awesome-no need for tech!

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Looking for a way to disable the QR reader - not everybody wants that damn thing shining in your face all the time. Have people asking me how to turn it off already.

There is an Ethernet cable attached to it, lift the playfield on to its service rails and unplug it.

Close thread.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There is an Ethernet cable attached to it, lift the playfield on to its service rails and unplug it.
Close thread.

Sure that will turn off the light?

#90 2 years ago

What's worse-being blinded playing JJP GNR or having to stare at Stern's QR reader while playing?

Playing GNR.gifPlaying GNR.gif
#91 2 years ago

Couldn’t you just remove the bulb? Or just put a piece of tape over it?

61DC2E53-ED3D-4AA4-9C56-B8B403DDAD5F.gif61DC2E53-ED3D-4AA4-9C56-B8B403DDAD5F.gif
#92 2 years ago

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/ieR5Ssk8EG23e" width="480" height="289" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p>via GIPHY</p>

#93 2 years ago

That didn’t work

#95 2 years ago

Meh I give up. Cant post fun gif’s here

#96 2 years ago

Like the "Check Engine" light on a car; black electrical tape works well to cover it.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Meh I give up. Cant post fun gif’s here

It took me awhile to figure it out, you have to change the res in the upper right corner to PDF/GIF before you upload one.

#98 2 years ago
6F0BE110-9D21-402C-923D-7F0867310C95.gif6F0BE110-9D21-402C-923D-7F0867310C95.gif
#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It took me awhile to figure it out, you have to change the res in the upper right corner to PDF/GIF before you upload one.

Ha ha! YaY

#100 2 years ago

Well until Stern allows for the QR reader to be disabled in the settings, I have considered this dramatic need for a fix and have taken upon myself to provide a fix for the low low cost of $49.99. You now can buy a kit that will allow you to cover this blinding light.

-Hurry supplies are limited(5 left in stock)

Black Tape (resized).jpgBlack Tape (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

There are 365 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-figured-out-how-to-turn-off-the-qr-reader/page/2?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.