(Topic ID: 245392)

Has anyone experienced a douchebag on Craigslist flagging their adds?

By zr11990

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg
    1gn0wt (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    820B1466-E03C-4CD9-A95D-17BFF0E48F4C (resized).jpeg
    1486524603_giraffe-eating-popcorn.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I want to buy a couple system 11s so I went fishing on the Houston CL. I put an add up saying I was a Hobbyist bla bla and I wanted to buy pins and they would be given a good home. My add was flagged the same day. I tried again and again and again and my add kept getting flagged. The only other person putting adds on the Houston CL wanting pins was a person I know of very well and he is a known douchebag. His adds never got flagged. I put up another add and called him out on it saying that if my adds got flagged again I would flag his. My add was flagged again so I flagged his. So I get a text from this guy and he tries to blame it on someone else and that it takes a lot of people to flag an ad for it to be taken down and only a loser would take the time to do this bla bla bla. It seems it takes only one person to flag an add on CL for it to disappear and this guy certainly was the one doing it. So I guess Ill have to pay to put up a dealer add so I can use CL to fish for pins. Just curious as to whether anyone else has had this happen and what they did about it.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Nothing grinds my gears more on CL then having to sift through hundreds of "Sell me your broken or used arcades, top dollar paid!" posts when trying to see what's out there.

That is why they have a wanted section on CL.

#7 4 years ago

He has now started to post as a dealer and pay to post so I cant flag his adds. Ill have to do the same. I have asked him to stop but he doesn't. When I called him out a couple people emailed me and thanked me for calling him out but they also said he will never stop.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Is this pinball dude a Pinsider? Is he involved with the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo?

Name removed by poster.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

Really? I've met the guy once when I bought a populated playfield from him, seemed like a real nice guy. Didn't get the feeling that he would do stuff like that.

Two people emailed me and said he had done it to them as well and they just gave up. Ill just post as a dealer as well but I lost my CC and I have to wit till I get another one. It sure the hell like its him if it isn't and it is a shithead move. I don't need any new pins anyway s o it isn't really a big deal.

#17 4 years ago

Not very often any more. Most pins hiding in a basement or back room are gone.

#19 4 years ago

I had a add up once and had never gotten a reply except for people wanting retail for their shit. I noticed a top tier pin for sale on CL and I ignored it because the wanted big money for it. About 2 months later the guy called me and said he would sell it to me for 25% of what it was worth. My wife and I were going somewhere and I took her home and picked up the pin. Can you say doghouse? That is the only time it worked out for me. But I don't want shit stuff. I want keepers

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Happens in Michigan as well. Even if you are very specific and only advertise you want a particular pin they can get flagged. Ive heard complaints from friends about nasty emails from experts and price police then their for sale ads get flagged.

F*ck em

#23 4 years ago

Just don’t let the assholes take away from the good people. There are a lot of good people here and everywhere

#27 4 years ago

If it is t him I would apologize to him personally. But it seems funny his never get flagged and mine gets flagged the same day. He text me saying “ someone is flagging ads and there is no one else’s ads on HCL but his and mine and two others say it’s him. Just sayin

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

Seriously, it may not be him. I know plenty of people that flag non-dealer wtb ads. Their feeling is they keep people from listing stuff for sale. As a buyer, it evens the playing files if people post stuff for sale instead of contacting a dealer.
    Could be anyone.

You know what you are saying make sense. I’m going to remove the mention of his name instead of taking the chance of running a innocent mans name through the mud

#32 4 years ago

Lol yea I know. Isn’t it better to be the tactful one even if it is after the fact

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Every want to buy pinball ad I've ever seen wanted to buy games that already exist on craigslist. People with want to buy pinball ads don't want to buy pinballs, they want to buy pinballs for a certain price and are hoping to get lucky.

Yes sir, that is the point.

#41 4 years ago

I don't understand why you guys have a problem with people wanting to buy stuff cheap. That is only natural. No one says: "I want to give more money for something I can get cheaper elsewhere". I don't even sell it if I get anything from the adds, I keep it. If its something I don't want I pass on it.

#46 4 years ago

It’s really no different then posting here saying I’m looking for a taxi or a diner or some other system 11 which is what I’ve looking for. If you have it for a price I’m willing to pay then I’ll buy it, if not ok then. But, there are very few of you in my area, CL Houston is my area.

#49 4 years ago

If it is who we were discussing he is a computer guy so Im sure he knows how to do it. Again, my ads are no different than his and his stay up and mine get flagged. He has started paying for adds so they cant be flagged and as soon as I get my new CC in the mail Ill do the same.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Personally I'd love if both you and your competition were flagged. Get really sick of seeing wtb ads. We all want to buy, you aren't special and neither is he.

Well La De Da. You are certainly welcome to jump in a post an add if you want. Last time I checked there wasn't anything saying I cant, in fact, that is why there is a Wanted section on CL.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

95% of the time when I find something, it's in dallas/ ft. worth. Never look forward to making that 8 hour drive (there and back).

I made the drive to Ft Worth for a CV once. The people were at a Mexican restaurant so I met them there. I drank two giant margaritas then we went to his house and loaded the pin. I had a monster buzz and had no business driving. I didn’t want to impose on the nice people I bought the pin from so I drove to a rest stop to take a short nap and wound up sleeping all night. The wife was beside herself thinking I had had a accident and was dead or in the hospital. I need a deal on a system 11 like I used to find. I bought my first CV for 3k.

#63 4 years ago

Just to clear his name and at this point what does it matter but I’m pretty sure it isn’t who we were discussing. I’m pretty sure I know who it is and he has been doing it for a long time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-experienced-a-douchebag-on-craigslist-flagging-their-adds?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.