Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinNin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skidave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago

For what it's worth, here is what I did with mine.

I have a rather worn playfield on my Bally Bon Voyage. We love playing it. The playfield had been Naphtha'd, Novus 2'd and waxed about 1.5 years ago. I waxed regularly afterwards. I purchased a protector. Before install, I vacuumed the playfield, did some minor touch-ups around inserts then waxed it one last time. Then I installed the protector and waxed the protector. I was happy with the look, the play is good and now I do not have to worry about my playfield disintegrating as we play. My plan is to wax the protector and change the ball as needed.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

I assume pop bumpers need to be removed?

Just the cap. Flippers need to come out.

#35 4 years ago

It took an evening to do mine.

I was doing a full flipper rebuild too (the night before).

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

The last few years at Allentown they offered a 10% discount and free pickup at the show. You had to pre-buy it online about a month before the show. Maybe the would do a similar deal at TPF if people expressed an interest?

I asked, but no response yet.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphcousman:

Best part is piece of mind in knowing I can play all I want guilt free. worst case I’ll just buy another protector if this one wears out, or play on the untouched playfield.

Exactly!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skidave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-ever-used-a-playfield-protector-from-playfield-protectors?tu=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.