Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinNin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

installed a lot of em.
    Make sure you put a small amount of wax on a new one and it'll play like it should.
    I was a little skeptical at first, but once you get them installed correctly it works out great.
    As you know it's subjective on how a game feels after the install, to me it feels the same, maybe slightly faster... hard to say though.

1 year later
    #27 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I know I am replying to a year old post but I have a question bout what was stated: Put a little bit of wax on the UNDERSIDE of the playfield protector? Is that what's being stated? Or wax on top? Or both?

no, not the underside.
    I usually naptha or novus 1 the playfield really well then install.
    After the install clean the top with novus 1. If you fine with the speed leave it, otherwise wait for around 50-100 plays and then wax the top only.
    it's a night and day difference before and after waxing, and you rarely have to do it after the first wave (mainly novus or plastic polish). I usually only re-apply wax once every thousand plays or so.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:I will be putting a protector on MMR soon. There is only one problematic bit that I see - putting the protector behind the castle and there's that bend plastic part of the castle that needs to be removed and one does not want to cut it in half... I think putting down the pf-protector should go in a couple of evenings.

bent plastic piece of the castle?

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

The protectors (or at least mine anyway) was shipped in a roll in a tube.

it's really hard to get them flat sometimes after they've been rolled. I tossed one because I left It in the tube to long, couldn't get it to stop flexing.

Quoted from Nepi23:

Yes, that's the one. I think it will be the most difficult bit.

I was asking, wasn't sure what piece you were talking about.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-ever-used-a-playfield-protector-from-playfield-protectors?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.