(Topic ID: 88769)

Has anyone ever made Jurassic Park Cab Decals?

By twinmice

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sa5.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have never seen them? Thanks Mike Paris

#2 10 years ago

Phoenix Arcade had done a screened run a while back but he sold out of them. When I was looking, he still had an extra set that was not listed on his site. I also had about 3 members offer to sell me their sets. This was a little over a year ago, but I'd bet a wanted post would dredge some sets up.

#3 10 years ago

its only 4 colors.

if you have a cabinet already, then make a stencil kit for it. it would take a little bit of time, but probably less time than installing a decal set.

#4 9 years ago

I was looking into a Jurassic Park. It's the machine I will eventually own. And when I do own it, I want to make it look as good as new. And my thought was to re-do the art as vinyl. From a distance, you would never be able to tell the difference. Only until to get right up to it, and use your fingernail would you be able to tell it was multiple layers.

I have a vinyl guy who does vinyl signage on business windows, cars, and creates other signage. I convinced him to help me put racing stripes on my car. They look absolutely fantastic! But while I was there, and even knowing what the guy does to make the signs, I still could not believe it was done in multiple layers, after he showed me some of the projects he was working on. It looks just like it was screen printed.

So I figured, if I ever get a Jurassic Park, I'm going to re-create the artwork in Illustrator, and have him cut me some new graphics. The artwork is simple enough to do solid colors like that.

Attached is a sample image of one of the jobs he did. But, like I said, you'd only be able to tell once you got up close enough to use your fingernail.

Could be an option if you talk to the right guy to help you out.

sa5.jpgsa5.jpg
2 weeks later
#6 9 years ago

Wow those are not cheap!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-ever-made-jurassic-park-cab-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.