Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinfidel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 10 years ago

I can't believe this thread. I was thinking about how to do this and implement it in a good/safe way a month ago. I told my wife about it and how I thought it was a great way to try out pins and have variety without having to shell out all kinds of money for them. It's especially cool if your limited on space, because now you can have a different game in the same spot every month. I even had the name picked out for it. I was going to call it the "PEP" Club (Pinball Exchange Program).

My idea (if possible) was to get 4-6 people in a general area together and get them to swap equal value machines around for 1 month at a time. SO, if I put up my South Park machine, then the other people in the club would put up a similar priced game. Say T2, RS, FT, Taxi, PZ and my SP for an example. So, I'd pass my game to a person while I get say, Taxi. I then have taxi for 1 month. Then I swap taxi to the next person in line while I get say, RS. I have RS for a month and then pass it along again while getting the next machine. 6 months later, I get South Park back. I could do the same thing with TF (although my wife would probably kill me as she loves it LOL). And that grouping could be say...AV, Xmen, MET, AC/DC, and ST. And so on.

It could be a lot of fun. The only down side is moving the pins around. That's a pain in the... no matter how you look at it. Of course, you need to do this with good/trust worthy people who you know take care of their machines and would inturn take even better care of another persons machine.

#34 10 years ago

Thumbs up to the OP.

#43 10 years ago

Pin trading is a great idea. I really like it. Like I said though, it's a pain in the butt to move them. All in all. I just wosh I had a damn arcade 15-30 minutes away I could shoot off to for a couple hours to enjoy playing some different machines. Nearest place to me (Pinball Wizard Arcade) is almost 2 hours away. *Sigh* I'm actually headed there Saturday if anyone from the Boston, NH, ME area is interested in hanging out and having some fun. I even started a thread for it. I think I'll find it and bump it up. Check it out if your interested.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-ever-done-a-temporary-trade?tu=pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.