(Topic ID: 264472)

Has anyone ever died or been severely injured moving a pin?

By DanQverymuch

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Large-Marge (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0037_zps4134b9d3 (resized).jpg
    image_47718 (resized).jpg
    b6936a5ceb10d7ce942534e06a97d3bd01b917f2.jpeg (resized).jpg
    90 (resized).jpeg
    5F2392E7-A040-4049-A726-B4F4FCA7BB16 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN5951 (resized).JPG
    385220EF-E898-416C-9D65-2E776715435B (resized).jpeg
    tumblr_n0lfsxSzs01to8b7io1_500.gif
    50158C63-9045-4D22-BDC4-55BD9937670B (resized).jpeg
    335725eafa5b7788adf600d927ac91fa0d21d7f3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

I had a Sega Space Fury video game fall off a trailer and pinned me to the ground. I made a snow angel in the frozen snow and ice in the parking lot. Had the weight of the game and a steel UHaul cart on top of me. There was a bread truck a few doors down, I was screaming for help. The driver looked at me and hopped in the truck and took off. That made me mad enough to get free. Not hurt bad.

I had a Judge Dredd pinball machine fall off of my truck and I caught it. That one got me pretty good. Felt like I tore my left arm off. I couldn't raise my left arm higher than my shoulder for about a year. My left shoulder is about an inch lower than my right shoulder.

I quite wearing rings. Got tired of arc welding my finger in games when it hit electricity.

LTG : )

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ve learned my lesson

Put someone you don't care that much about on the heavy end.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from goldenboy232:

I was killed moving a pin.

I hope you are better now.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from goldenboy232:

I was killed moving a pin.

Anyone turned into a newt moving a pin ?

#59 4 years ago

Not me. But many years ago this happened.

There was a man in these parts that in addition to being a fighter pilot in WW2, made a fortune moving stuff. When I first met him he was mainly moving games for distributors. His name was Ray Benson. If there was an easy way to do something, or a hard way. He knew the hard way. Strong as an ox. Those double wide ball bowlers, he and his helper picked them up and carried them, Ray on the heavy end.

Anyway a lady wanted to surprise her husband with a pool table for Christmas. Ray delivered it Christmas morning. Husband was super excited. It was going down a flight of stairs. Good old Ray put the husband on the heavy end and down they went. Likety split, gaining speed. Hit the flat floor, ran across it, and Ray drove the pool table and man through a wall.

Merry Christmas !

#71 4 years ago

Not moving a game. But Pinball Expo related. Me and four others went to a fancy steak restaurant. You had to go down some stairs, a landing, then more stairs.

I don't know what happened. I had about a stair and a half to go and my right knee gave out and I leaped forward missing the last stair and landed on my knees. My friend tried to catch me while I yelled out his name. I stopped short of the wall. I bounced right up. Seemed okay.

My friend asked why I called his name. I said "you kicked me". Which I accuse him of to this day.

The next morning the restaurant called my friend. He paid for everything so they must have tracked down his credit card. They wanted to know if the person in his party that fell, if he was okay. He said no one fell. Which was probably a good thing. I didn't know it or feel it. But apparently my head dented their wall.

Disclaimer. My friend won't let me pay when we go out. No matter how hard I try. So at this fancy steak restaurant I only had a glass of water, and a steak. Which he insisted. When they came to take the drink order I did ask if they had Louis the 13th. He said they did, under lock and key. I told him no. I thought I could blow my friend some crap. Didn't faze him. He said when we go out I should get what I want. He didn't mind. Darn. I missed an opportunity there.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from arkuz:

911: "What's your emergency?"
    Wife: "My husband was moving a pinball machine --"
    911: "Say no more, we'll be right there!"

That's better than :

911: "What's your emergency ?"
    Wife : "My husband was moving a pinball machine down some stairs and fell and the game is on top of him. I think he's dead".
    911: "Well first. Check and be sure if he's dead".
    Wife : "BANG" "Yup, he's dead. Now what ?"

#91 4 years ago

The one year I worked. Summer of 1973. A man from Israel and I were delivering a jukebox to the YMCA in downtown Minneapolis. On the LaSalle street side.

Two glass doors, both of them opened from the middle and out. Big flight of stairs inside. So we have the jukebox on a big two wheeler. Heavy load. Going up one stair at a time. Him on top, me on the bottom.

3/4ths of the way up two cute females walk by and start talking to him. He stops, turns, starts talking to them. And lets go !

I was watching this unfold. So I quick stepped sideways out of the way and let it go. Bouncing down the stairs, crashed through the doors. Didn't break them. Across the sidewalk and across the street in traffic.

He yelled at me. "Why didn't I stop it?". I'm like F you. We went and retrieved the jukebox. None the worse for wear. Hauled it back inside and upstairs and left. The company sent a guy out to set it up and fill with records. We never heard anything about it. Apparently it still worked.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Some amazing stories here.

Not that amazing.

I'm waiting for the dead guys to come back and post what happened to them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-ever-died-or-been-severely-injured-moving-a-pin?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.