(Topic ID: 14103)

Has anyone else noticed this on Pinside lately?

By islandpinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Elvira_001.jpg

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago

Snicker ... you CARGPB guyz. Just checkin this joint out too, looks like there's a lot of space in here but the walls need more color.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Holy shite. If they let that 68 guy in here, they'll let anyone in here.
    How they hangin, Mitchell? I'm looking forward to The Rocky Mountain Show, as always. I'll see you at the end of the month.
    BTW Kim is one of those who shared Emails with me a few years ago and we seemed to hit things off. So much so, I flew to CO to meet him and stay at his place for the weekend. Not sure if he likes me or not, but he invites me back every year.
    Bryan (CARGPB 14)
    http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
    Mr68 said:Well I haven't filled everything in my profile because I wasn't sure if I was temporarily here or not. That and I can be spacey and lazy sometimes.
    I've been Mr. 68 for so long that people actually call me Mr. 68 at the shows. And I like that by the way but either works. Jack Guarnieri (Jersey Jack) simply calls me 68 and I really like that.
    My location I have no trouble listing. But my collection is always in flux and I don't desire another internet chore.
    FYI: Bryan Kelly just crapped his pants finding that I'm here also. Welcome Newbie!!!

#102 11 years ago

Russell Peters does a hilarious bit on how the Irish accent softens the harshness of the word to "Koont" and compares it to the American pronunciation.

Dan

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I have to mind my "T's & A's"...

Speaking of....isn't this thread overdue for some Salma?

#104 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Bryan, look at my Karma rating compared to yours.... I could buy and sell you like a pack of cigarettes.

Very well played sir!

Quoted from SunKing:

NimblePin said:I have to mind my "T's & A's"...
    Speaking of....isn't this thread overdue for some Salma?

Yes it most definitely is!!

#105 11 years ago

I just had to read this thread after it hit 100. Well there went 10 minutes.

Honestly like others have stated, I prefer to use an online handle on pinball forums of badbilly. Why? One main reason is job related. Many people do backround checks on the internet before meeting with me. I like to be as much as a ghost as possible online - job persona related. Business is business and personal is personal. I have even set up one of my email accounts with a different last name as well until I get to know the person I'm dealing with. Again, just making sure separation exists. Anything you put online can be pieced together.

That being said, I've met some great people in the hobby and look forward to meeting more. I do share my real name when meeting people but like Mr 68, many people have come to know me as badbilly. I'm cool either way. Fun hobby.

#106 11 years ago

..Having thought about this thread last night.

I could well have the wrong end of the stick, but.. If I wanted to join this site & a member already has the same name as me i'd have to pick another one. Correct?

If so, my birth name (considering the vast amount of members here) could well be the same as another member.

Ya get me? Hence users creating NONE genuine username.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

I swear too! and I'm ANYTHING but normal.
    But I'm alright still the same! You have nothing to fear.
    -josh

Watch out for this BK character, my son was playing TZ and got the powerball and instantly drained.
    He shoved the machine, tilted it and said "You Bast@&D!"
    That is what I get for letting him read RGP, I know he never heard that from me.

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

I dove in with both feet. Real name, location, and zero collection to start. But I had lurked for months deciding what was safe and what I felt comfortable with. I invited everyone to my first NIB party...but northwest Arkansas is a vacuum. Gotta travel to find other pinheads.

Next time you have a NIB Party, or any kind of pinball party, let me know, I can drive up from Fort Smith.

Anyway, I haven't been very active on the site, manly because of my boring life getting in the way, but I am trying to make some friends. As for a collection, I haven't put any because I do not own a machine yet. Honestly I doubt I will for a long time. I just can't afford something as awesome like a pin just yet.

I can understand someone not wanting to post their own collection for a few reasons, but if I had a pin, even just one, I would flaunt that thing all day and all night.

#109 11 years ago

Just re-read what i posted. Didnt look good. Edited for the masses.....

#110 11 years ago

Crap your hands LOL

#111 11 years ago

Yeah. I still stand by that remark. Mostly coz its true....hehe.

I did make another comment but when i read it, it sounded like all i did was play pinball and hump the missus.....(mostly also true)

The term 'wetter than an otters pocket' was used....in jest of course.....haha.

#112 11 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

Yeah. I still stand by that remark. Mostly coz its true....hehe.

I did make another comment but when i read it, it sounded like all i did was play pinball and hump the missus.....(mostly also true)

The term 'wetter than an otters pocket' was used....in jest of course.....haha.

Haha!! I read it earlier...Something about a stick up

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Well I haven't filled everything in my profile because I wasn't sure if I was temporarily here or not. That and I can be spacey and lazy sometimes.
    I've been Mr. 68 for so long that people actually call me Mr. 68 at the shows. And I like that by the way but either works. Jack Guarnieri (Jersey Jack) simply calls me 68 and I really like that.
    My location I have no trouble listing. But my collection is always in flux and I don't desire another internet chore.
    FYI: Bryan Kelly just crapped his pants finding that I'm here also. Welcome Newbie!!!

HEHEHEHEH!!! Yeah Kixx...he probably did that when he saw my reply as well!!!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I swear, Josh, you better be normal.
    Bryan (CARGPB 14)

LOL!! BK if he isn't normal...he will fit right in with you!!

Phoebe (thinking that they seriously need a duck and run smiley for this post!!!)
    (CARGPB#38)

#114 11 years ago

Erik, how they hangin? Now there's like 3 1/2 guys here I know.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

Quoted from tracelifter:

jonogo said:I swear too! and I'm ANYTHING but normal.
    -josh
    Watch out for this BK character, my son was playing TZ and got the powerball and instantly drained.
    That is what I get for letting him read RGP, I know he never heard that from me.

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Bryan, Eric is funnier here than he is on RGP. I think Pinside puts something in the water.

Kim

#116 11 years ago

I've been on Pinside since 2004 and I'm curious myself what happened on RGP that made everyone jump over to here all of a sudden? I've been on RGP since 1997 too and frequent both. However, Pinside was always the more civil forum. A great group of folks who had a ton of enthusiasm and low need for ego strokes. The language was clean - even if Nimblepins mind is always in the gutter I dunno. It was like a sort of peaceful island while RGP has turned into a wild west free-for-all. Thats fine if you like that sorta thing but frankly I'm getting older and I'm tired of the trolls and the people that encourage trolls. Now that a bunch of my RGP friends have found Pinside I can only hope the trolls don't discover it as well.

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

I've been on Pinside since 2004 and I'm curious myself what happened on RGP that made everyone jump over to here all of a sudden? I've been on RGP since 1997 too and frequent both. However, Pinside was always the more civil forum. A great group of folks who had a ton of enthusiasm and low need for ego strokes. The language was clean - even if Nimblepins mind is always in the gutter I dunno. It was like a sort of peaceful island while RGP has turned into a wild west free-for-all. Thats fine if you like that sorta thing but frankly I'm getting older and I'm tired of the trolls and the people that encourage trolls. Now that a bunch of my RGP friends have found Pinside I can only hope the trolls don't discover it as well.

I think you answered your own question Clippy!!
    I have not been here on Pinside long... RGP while still a daily read for me, has just gotten to....loss for words here... I guess mean spirited to some extent with all the bashing (We CARGPB bashing each other in jest not included of course !!) and trolls and what not...and it does no good to try to explain to people to not feed them by not responding to their posts AT ALL... Pinside is just a refreshing spot, away from all that, and it is fun to come here...I find myself surfing Pinside more than RGP here of late...I am glad that some of my CARGPB brothers are here as well, and I hope also that the trolls will stay hidden under whatever bridge they have been hidden under and leave Pinside alone...If they would just retire to said bridge and leave RGP alone my pin world would be a MUCH happier place!!

Phoebe

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

Now that a bunch of my RGP friends have found Pinside I can only hope the trolls don't discover it as well.

Cliffy, I don't see that happening here. In my short time on Pinside I've already seen a few squabbles and name calling but the moderators stepped in. Without them it would have gotten out of control just like RGP does.

I also witnessed the moderators at the top of their game recently when I saw a Troll post shut down before it exploded. Most impressive was when the moderators banned a member from Pinside when he stepped out of line one too many times.

And as far as RGP is concerned, I was always proud of you and the few of us that fought the Trolls without the benefit of a moderator. We did a hell of a job working over the years with limited tools. That bond and brotherhood I will always be proud of.

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Cliffy said:Now that a bunch of my RGP friends have found Pinside I can only hope the trolls don't discover it as well.
    Cliffy, I don't see that happening here. In my short time on Pinside I've already seen a few squabbles and name calling but the moderators stepped in. Without them it would have gotten out of control just like RGP does.
    I also witnessed the moderators at the top of their game recently when I saw a Troll post shut down before it exploded. Most impressive was when the moderators banned a member from Pinside when he stepped out of line one too many times.
    And as far as RGP is concerned, I was always proud of you and the few of us that fought the Trolls without the benefit of a moderator. We did a hell of a job working over the years with limited tools. That bond and brotherhood I will always be proud of.

What Kixx said!!!

Phoebe

#120 11 years ago

We did fight the good fight together, didn't we? Man that's when we had energy Gotta say I feel a sort of responsibility to my Pinside bretheren and I'm a little protective of them.

I see our fearless leader, CARGPB#1, has posted today. Nice I look forward to Steve sharing his newest inventions with the good folk of Pinside.

#121 11 years ago

Hey i am just glad all the great guys are coming over....we need more advice on here anyway and less silly threads

Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I am glad that some of my CARGPB brothers are here as well, and I hope also that the trolls will stay hidden under whatever bridge they have been hidden under and leave Pinside alone...If they would just retire to said bridge and leave RGP alone my pin world would be a MUCH happier place!! []

#122 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

We did fight the good fight together, didn't we? Man that's when we had energy Gotta say I feel a sort of responsibility to my Pinside bretheren and I'm a little protective of them.

Might as well be the protector of Pinside... You already work tirelessly to protect our pins!

Speaking of that... How are the Tron ramp protectors coming along?

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Now there's like 3 1/2 guys here I know.

I must be the 1/2.

#123 11 years ago

Oh man.. The bridge troll! My kid was obsessed w/ Dora and Diego.. man, SO glad he moved on from that phase! I can only handle so much "SWIPER NO SWIPING!!!"

-j

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

"SWIPER NO SWIPING!!!"

Awe Man...

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Speaking of that... How are the Tron ramp protectors coming along?

Submitted to laser right now Jar. Expect to have blanks in hand before the end of this month. Hang in there man!

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

I've been on Pinside since 2004 and I'm curious myself what happened on RGP that made everyone jump over to here all of a sudden?

I think a couple of things played a big part. Serial troll poster Todd Nathan for one. The more he posted, the more people left. You can see the numbers here:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/about

The number of posts dropped overall despite him posting hundreds (1028 in July) of posts a month.

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=9R25WxEAAABfEFCn97IbRowULS4kNs3PkdEasx1kiYTQavV7mdW13Q

Google also played a part. The long outage sent a lot of people looking for other places. Now lately, posts are often delayed. This is very frustrating for people. Our internet connections are fast. We want to see our post NOW! There are other factors, but those two stand out to me.

The enthusiasm here is awesome. The number of noobs here is awesome too. It can be frustrating when they ask ridiculously easy questions that could easily be answered via a search or the manual, but their unbridled enthusiasm more than makes up for it.

I do think folks should be careful what they wish for though. I've seen plenty of bulletin boards become the flavor of the month only to flame out soon after. More members often brings more problems. By no means am I predicting Pinside's demise, but folks need to be aware that things change when a board blows up. Try to make the mods work as little as possible.

#127 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
    tracelifter said:jonogo said:I swear too! and I'm ANYTHING but normal.
    -josh

To the right of course.
    Sorry about the half guy thing but I told you offer that left nut up and sooner or later someone would take you up on the offer.
    Has your wife noticed it missing from her purse yet?

#128 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

The enthusiasm here is awesome. The number of noobs here is awesome too. It can be frustrating when they ask ridiculously easy questions that could easily be answered via a search or the manual, but their unbridled enthusiasm more than makes up for it.

I think it has gotten better. There seem to be a few more knowledgeable people on here trying to help answer questions and less noobs trying to help noobs. When people ask price checks they tend to get more reasonable responses. In the past you would see retail prices thrown out as an answer. Asking prices on here still tend to be higher though then elsewhere.

#129 11 years ago

I think you answered your own question Clippy!!

I agree 100% Phoebe! Much more pleasant experience over.

Steve from Ohio show (Scylla on RGP)

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I think a couple of things played a big part. Serial troll poster Todd Nathan for one. The more he posted, the more people left. You can see the numbers here:

Yup, Cliffy told me about Pinside quite awhile ago but I just lurked here and posted on RGP but a lot less.

Got tired of the Frank show and him crapping on all the posts and finally signed on here.
    Looks like the other holdouts are doing the same.
    I really don't like the idea of moderated groups but the mods here seem to be pretty light handed and it is worth kicking in a few bucks a year to support this site and not read Franks inane drivel.
    Killfiling him doesn't work because some people just have to quote the jackass.

Times and technology change this is a much better format and you still have the archives for tech questions, between the google glitches and Frank the supertroll I can see RGP becoming more obsolete as time goes by.

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

jarjarisgod said:Speaking of that... How are the Tron ramp protectors coming along?
    Submitted to laser right now Jar. Expect to have blanks in hand before the end of this month. Hang in there man!

Awesome news Cliffy! My Tron:LE is currently in standby awaiting these bad boys. I've got LOTR and SM to occupy my pin playing time while I wait.

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

Hello fellow pinsiders. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that many of the newer pinsiders (past six months), do not put their locations or games in their collection?
    I always feel more comfortable when i can click and see someone's games or location. It makes it more personal i guess. Especially when guys are looking to buy or sell pins.
    What i am wondering is this someones way of not committing to the site? Or just a newbie to pinside mistake that some members don't realize you could add that information?
    any thoughts guys/ladies?

Well, thanks to your post , i now know some of the things i can put on my profile, and i now have .

#134 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think a lot of people come on the site for quick help on a specific machine with no intentions of really joining or adding anything of purpose.

They're just takers.

Agreed-and I have been less active and less willing to "get involved" the last couple of months. I like to see a little commitment as well.You reap what you sow.
    I think a donation heart next to your name/avatar pretty much is the DETERMINING factor for me as well,come on donate a couple bucks and stay awhile and get comfortable.
    Kirk in Colorado,Soon to be-Proud owner of ECLEWOZ #666

Post edited by v8torino : f'd up spelling

#135 11 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

Agreed-and I have been less active and less willing to "get involved" the last couple of months. I like to see a little commitment as well.You reap what you sow.
    I think a donation heart next to your name/avatar pretty much is the DETERMINING factor for me as well,come on donate a couple bucks and stay awhile and get comfortable. []
    Kirk in Colorado,Soon to be-Proud owner of ECLEWOZ #666

Welcome back! ..i agree

#136 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I prefer to use an online handle on pinball forums of badbilly. Why? One main reason is job related.

I use the Honch for forums, because to my close circle of friends, that is what I'm known as. I certainly don't have or feel any need to remain completely anonymous. I don't think everybody needs to know exact locations of everyone else, but a general location would be nice.

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-else-noticed-this-on-pinside-lately/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.