(Topic ID: 86195)

Has Anyone Else Not Received their WOZ LE that Prepaid Years Ago?

By ChadKeller

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP wikileaks meeting pic.jpg
T 2.jpg
girls bounce.gif
IMG_7424.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG
IMG_7412.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7435.JPG
IMG_7421.JPG
IMG_7420.JPG
yawn.jpg
Woz-bumper bus.jpg
shitstorm-470.jpg
jaws.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, several people have much more money into Predator than $250.

By choice completely voluntary which is a huge difference from a maker asking for thousands years before the pin is made. I get your point but IMO Skit-B crew should of been left out of your example for this reason.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, but it is the emotional investment that keeps many people in and that is why they all have resulted in anxiety when the process has dragged out, and they all have the problem of showing the development along the way which has proven to be a hassle for the designers as well as frustrating and worrisome for the pre-order customers. It is so much simpler for both sides if the product is shown when it is finished.

Well I'm not sure about anyone else but I'd appreciate if all makers kept it to more of an emotional investment instead of a monetary one. I think any project requiring deposit or not has resulted in some having anxiety because lets face it many of us drama queens. I don't think a project requiring a $250 deposit to hold a spot is anything close to as bad as asking for thousands for years and years. I would be perfectly happy if all pre-orders were a refundable $250 I'd have no issues with that whatsoever.

Now that people have discovered they can charge pinheads thousands years before a pin comes out I don't think it will stop. Thus pre-orders being taken for Hobbit. I agree with your destain for the principles of it though. So far I absolutely refuse to put that type of investment into a pin which is so far from being delivered to my door.

3 weeks later
#243 10 years ago

I can definitely understand some being frustrated how long it has taken to get a pin they paid for in full years back. Especially since the ship dates where so far off from projections. Plus having a ton of LEs then to follow it up with another LE model before first LEs reached paid in full customers.

Not trying to hate but rather make the point that it's okay for people to voice that frustration without being jumped on by others. I want all makers to have success and have the hobby grow even more. Of course that doesn't mean we will all love every pin that comes out. It's okay if some don't like a new pin and it's awesome when many love them. There can be a respectful discourse even in disagreement that is what I'm hoping more will realize in these JJP/WOZ threads.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-else-not-received-their-woz-le-that-prepaid-years-ago?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.