(Topic ID: 86195)

Has Anyone Else Not Received their WOZ LE that Prepaid Years Ago?

By ChadKeller

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 323 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by retired_user_101
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JJP wikileaks meeting pic.jpg
T 2.jpg
girls bounce.gif
IMG_7424.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG
IMG_7412.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7435.JPG
IMG_7421.JPG
IMG_7420.JPG
yawn.jpg
Woz-bumper bus.jpg
shitstorm-470.jpg
jaws.jpg

There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If you can get it for a great cash deal why not but I would not trade two classic W/B games for it… especially since its a Standard. Stay patient and the LE's will continue to pop at great deals.
Heck, I've owned 6 LE's so far but not for playing purposes. I've played it enough in the past and decided its definitely not a keeper but its a great 'flipper' pin and I don't mean those two little things at the bottom of the play field!

Agree 100%. I wouldn't trade 2 nice pins for a standard that most likely will be a 5500-6k pin in a couple years.

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I love when guys that have been in the hobby 2 years max, and are themselves responsible for the bubble, comment on the long term value prospects of pinball machines based on their lengthy experience. How few in here were there when we were buying $1800 TAFs and TZs all day?
And if Jim got a ban vote for suggesting he doesn't like WOZ owners, and Taylor did not for simply reversing two letters in an F Bomb directly at Jim in response, that is horsepoo.

How bout the CV closeout for 2Kish NIB machines. My TZ was 1700 but in bad shape. My LOTR was 3200 NIB shipped. The market seems to be softening the last few months all around. Hopefully things will settle down a bit.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

How bout the CV closeout for 2Kish NIB machines. My TZ was 1700 but in bad shape. My LOTR was 3200 NIB shipped. The market seems to be softening the last few months all around. Hopefully things will settle down a bit.

PLEASE someone start another thread with some of these stories!!! I find IPDB informative, but I'd like to hear some of the "dirt" from this era....was there as much negativity/ polarization towards TZ, or other titles back then ( for example) , as some current titles today? Curious on the comparisons of past and current "eras"......I'm a guy who played them back then, but was not a real hobby for me until about 3 years ago..... Good stuff...mark ( again not trying to hijack this thread, but get someone to start a good one w this stuff)......

#304 5 years ago

"Back on topic, people. Poor Chad just wants to know why he doesn't have his game yet. As most WOZ owners will tell you, call Jack. He's more than happy to explain things and the way it's sounded over the last few months, it's a vendor supply issue. Cabinet guy can't keep up, playfield guy can't keep up, light board guy can't keep up....
Jack has all kinds of money from the investment group but it seems he can't pay the vendors enough money to get him his parts."

I think the investment group backed out. There was a thread on it about a month ago.

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not your Getaway and No Fear!?

I wish! I would be playing WOZ tonight if that were the case .

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Do any of the mods actually own a WOZ other than Robin? And by "own" I mean bought and actually have in their possession. Because to my knowledge, they don't. There sure as heck isn't one in my house, and never will be.

Gween has one. Abso has one on order but I don't think he got his as of yet, I could be wrong though. I'm at the point where I would like one eventually.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I wish! I would be playing WOZ tonight if that were the case .

Price point I understand, but it would be hard for me to ever say bye bye to those two. Plus two of my friends have WoZ.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

PLEASE someone start another thread with some of these stories!!! I find IPDB informative, but I'd like to hear some of the "dirt" from this era....was there as much negativity/ polarization towards TZ, or other titles back then ( for example) , as some current titles today? Curious on the comparisons of past and current "eras"......I'm a guy who played them back then, but was not a real hobby for me until about 3 years ago..... Good stuff...mark ( again not trying to hijack this thread, but get someone to start a good one w this stuff)......

I think a lot of people have the wrong idea about the woz or not fighting. People have always been split on pins. Occasionally there was slight heated debate, usually over price but not the machine. A bunch of us were talking at patz last night about woz and an owner said something like, "woz... I DON'T WANNA HEAR FROM YOU HATERZ!!" Then he laughed. I told him the fighting isn't about the machine it's about JJP business practices really. There are a handful of fanbois and a handful of real haters who are both annoying but if it were just about the pin itself it wouldn't have been treated any differently than any other pin.

Although there was much lighter, but similar discussion around Gene and BBB. But not to the level of this mess.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Back on topic, people. Poor Chad just wants to know why he doesn't have his game yet. As most WOZ owners will tell you, call Jack. He's more than happy to explain things and the way it's sounded over the last few months, it's a vendor supply issue. Cabinet guy can't keep up, playfield guy can't keep up, light board guy can't keep up....
Jack has all kinds of money from the investment group but it seems he can't pay the vendors enough money to get him his parts.

Not at all.

Suppliers are not being pressed hard to make more components. They are only producing what they get paid for.

It is highly illogical that all suppliers are behind, It is true that they now only make when they get paid.

There is no "all kinds of money from the investment group". A part payment happened, then under due diligence the investor found a reason not to invest the other 80% of what was promised.

These rose tinted glasses seem to turn the obvious cash flow problems into fabulous demand issues.

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What is amazing is that the smaller companies like skit b and Spooky don't ask for all the money up front and let you see the game first

I might consider a purchase from a company that offers that approach to me the buyer. Thanks for the notice of Skit B and Spooky. They don't sound spooky or skit bs as others may appear. Thank you again for this new information.

#311 5 years ago

Wait, the investor bailed?

Is this true?

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is this true?

I don't think it was ever confirmed one way or the other.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't think it was ever confirmed one way or the other.

That's like the standard JJP status of pretty much anything & everything lol

Well, I hope the dude didn't lose funding. I'm critical of many JJP shenanigans but I like what he was shooting for back in 2011 & hope it all works out eventually.

Hearing specifics like 80/20 & only check #1 cleared leads me to believe there's something up though.

#314 5 years ago

Noodlebox has some sort of history with JJP exactly what it was is a bit unclear - he has acknowledged he was with bumper though. JJP is putting out games at a pretty good clip lately so investor or not things seem OK

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is this true?

The investor is still waiting for his machine, I believe.

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The investor is still waiting for his machine, I believe.

#317 5 years ago

This sheds some light on the investing situation:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-investment-opportunity-fall-through
Jack clears it all up on page 1 and 2 of that thread.

#318 5 years ago

Guys I say cut jack some slack; it was all of our choices to pre order games and we did not have to do so; I made my choice and sold my spot for hobbit no more pre orders for me till I see a finished product and then I would only place an order when the games are made trouble free and ready to ship; and I think if we all took that stand it would not put a lot of us in the predicament we are in today

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Not at all.
Suppliers are not being pressed hard to make more components. They are only producing what they get paid for.
It is highly illogical that all suppliers are behind, It is true that they now only make when they get paid.
There is no "all kinds of money from the investment group". A part payment happened, then under due diligence the investor found a reason not to invest the other 80% of what was promised.
These rose tinted glasses seem to turn the obvious cash flow problems into fabulous demand issues.

I was wondering who would be the first to see the total sarcasm in my post.

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is this true?

Yes

#321 5 years ago

Not surprising after I saw the leaked cell phone pics from his presentation to the potential investors

JJP wikileaks meeting pic.jpg
#322 5 years ago

Omg! Laughing my arse off!

#323 5 years ago

hey,

i've confirmed last night that last week a Woz LE got delivered in Austin, Tx.
it was ordered ages and ages ago.
the guy had basically given up on it ever coming through. but just did.

cheers,
bb

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside